Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #49816
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Finishing the Berserk Fury's armor tomorrow. Completely. Every last piece. Add some armor to both feet, paint a couple red zoidcaps, and wait for the snow to go away for a few completion photos. Then I get to start fulfilling my normal responsibilities, like cleaning my room, vacuuming my car, getting a haircut, cleaning out old half-done projects that just never got off the ground, or just aren't up to my current standards. Organizing a cabinet of spare cosplay bits and accessories...

Unread 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #49817
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

ARDA WIG SALE IS TONIGHT, GUYS.

Just a reminder. o:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
Definitely. Karaoke in cosplay just sounds fun anyways. Ahaha, alcohol + singing + Nyankichi-sensei = amazing fun times. xD Thank you for your suggestion~ I'll try and make it happen.

Really? :-0 That somehow makes me sad... then again, swedish fish and rice krispy treats don't really seem like they'd go well together, but the dark chocolate chips sounds amazing. ...xD; Before worrying about candy sushi though, I should figure out other food.
I've only been to karaoke once, but it seems like it would be more hilarious in cosplay. xD

And yeah. .-. I love the idea of Swedish Fish being a kind of tuna substitute, but the flavors don't go particularly well together.

My friend and I brainstormed that something like an enclosed bread with a filling would be great con food. Like a Jamaican patty or a calzone or something. It would be easy to individually wrap, carry, and kind of clean to eat with your hands at the con. And we thought about it and decided that we were basically trying to come up with fancy Hot Pockets. xD;

We seem to be better at noodle dishes, though. Last year we had spaghetti and chow mein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
Finishing the Berserk Fury's armor tomorrow. Completely. Every last piece. Add some armor to both feet, paint a couple red zoidcaps, and wait for the snow to go away for a few completion photos. Then I get to start fulfilling my normal responsibilities, like cleaning my room, vacuuming my car, getting a haircut, cleaning out old half-done projects that just never got off the ground, or just aren't up to my current standards. Organizing a cabinet of spare cosplay bits and accessories...
And organizing a party for the Fury. It is so amazing already, I can't wait to see pictures of it completely finished~!

Also, was there no fix for the Charged Particle Cannon idea?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #49818
Rinkia
Banned

Yay! Final fantasy xiii-2 Serah cosplay is so so amazing like this one. But how to get started u.u
Rinkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #49819
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
And organizing a party for the Fury. It is so amazing already, I can't wait to see pictures of it completely finished~!

Also, was there no fix for the Charged Particle Cannon idea?
There are several possible alternatives, but after looking at the convention rules for the debut con, each possibility would be breaking rules >.< The laser pointer is outright banned. The fog machine wasn't pushing out enough smoke. Squirt guns are banned. I could have one of those party blower noise maker things, but I'd have to super size one, and I don't think I have the lung capacity to inflate a 10 foot long balloon with enough speed to look like it's firing. I could use a Co2 tank for the balloon thingy, but I'd have to buy a butterfly valve attachment, and run a pipe or hose to the Fury's throat, and then somehow hide the jumbo party blower thing.

-Another option is a nerf gun: also prohibited
-Bubble gun: also prohibited
-LED's: hardly good enough
-Functional flamethrower: Banned beyond question xD
-Plasma ball (Those things that make little lightning arcs) can't hide it without manually detaching it
-drawn CP cannon blast on paper with extending rod: Possible, but potentially expensive and require complete overhaul of the fury. Loss of detail, and various other nightmares.

I really wanted the fog machine to work, but wizard sticks just don't cut it. Even using a baggy as a fog bladder...
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #49820
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkia View Post
Yay! Final fantasy xiii-2 Serah cosplay is so so amazing like this one. But how to get started u.u
I start with a Prop. I like to be able to hold what the character fights with, and then get a boost of confidence and inspiration when I look back on the object in question and think "I did this, I can do this other thing. Just one step at a time!"
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #49821
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Cut my new Link wiiiiiiiiiiiig~! And it looks so fiiiiiiiiiiine~! Only took six hourrrrrsss~!

*has the right to be annoying after such an up-and-down day*
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #49822
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

12 DAYS! T_T *is cutting fabric for cosplay now >.>* I'll so have this totally done right? T_T why does the Ao no Exorcist photoshoot have to be on Friday? T_T *runs back to fabric*
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #49823
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I have finished the Trinity Blood anime and two things come to mind:

1) I want to cosplay at least 5 characters from it now XD
2) I want to work on one of them NOW.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #49824
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
ARDA WIG SALE IS TONIGHT, GUYS.

Just a reminder. o:

I've only been to karaoke once, but it seems like it would be more hilarious in cosplay. xD

And yeah. .-. I love the idea of Swedish Fish being a kind of tuna substitute, but the flavors don't go particularly well together.

My friend and I brainstormed that something like an enclosed bread with a filling would be great con food. Like a Jamaican patty or a calzone or something. It would be easy to individually wrap, carry, and kind of clean to eat with your hands at the con. And we thought about it and decided that we were basically trying to come up with fancy Hot Pockets. xD;

We seem to be better at noodle dishes, though. Last year we had spaghetti and chow mein.
xD It would, and the people you do it with. I've only done it a couple of times, but it's a lot of fun. Even if you can't sing. I sure can't.

I have a pie maker, so I was going to use that, but that's also flaky, so yeah. A calzone would be a good idea too, or maybe a steamed bun... Time to start experimenting with food for con! Fancy hot pockets are good too. Noodles too.

Guess I'm more tired than I thought. o.o; Just sewed the sleeve on backwards... guess it's time for bed.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #49825
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Got the pictures up for my Minako cosplay, March 5th photoshoot. And now I shall go be depressed for the whole day...after going to bed and waking up in the morning. XD Being a cosplayer sometimes is hard, it makes you really attached to the characters.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #49826
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Have been joking with some friends about Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones cosplay. Just realised today that I have all of the stuff -- fabric, wig, acceptable shoes -- to do TV!Catelyn. I have a tendency to cosplay moms/mom-figures. Cat is so up my alley.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFdonotneedmoreprojects.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #49827
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I don't know why, but I'm getting panic attacks about ACen which is a month ago, I'm on schedule and such. I have so much cutting ahead of me...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #49828
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Someone pop a quark off a Champagne bottle. Fury is a whole (eight) dot(s) of glue from being complete. His foot locks need to dry, then I can glue them in place, hide a tiny brace near the top so they stay in place, and then It's all about waiting for the snow to go away. At this rate, I'll be able to get a picture taken tomorrow, possibly around noon. Gonna make it a multi-angle sample collage thing, and post up the large versions of the individual shots as well.

Happy~ ^^
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #49829
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

All this talk about con food got me thinking about what could be taken. Then I remembered my favorite con food: Subway! A $5 footlong is lunch and dinner. $5 a day for food, fresh at the con? Can't pass that up!

Anywho, I am one piece away on having both Tux!Ten and Tim finished! I went thrifting on Saturday and found Tim's jacket and pants, and Ten's jacket, shirt, and pants. I also got a tux shirt with the right collar for his more formal instances. I just need to shorten the sleeves a tiny bit and save up for the cufflinks. It actually needs cufflinks! For $4! I love Goodwill!!

2015 Plans: Ohayocon, MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #49830
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I really wish I didn't have class in half an hour because I really want to do a makeup test for Shadow Minako. I think it's all the P3 music I've been listening to all day. XD However after that class is over I will do it! I'm hoping it'll come out looking creepy! ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote