Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1050 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #49816
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Nyanko-sensei is an absolute must for bad drunken karaoke. o:

And yes, dessert sushi~ We pretty much followed this, but our fillings consisted of whatever candy we had around at the time. Hilarious. And kind of tasty. The idea of having a Swedish Fish Roll was too good to not try at least once.
Exactly so~ though it's all ages, so the drunken part, not so much in this case... but it'll still be fun.

Those look tasty. o.o And interesting. xD; I want to try making them now too. Swedish fish roll sounds like an amazing idea too~
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #49817
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Stars are ironed on, that little gap in the lining is stitched shut, and bolero is sketched out (going to get the actual pattern tomorrow). Now all that's left is to add one more hook and eye to the back (it gaps open just above the zipper), start on the lapels, and order my hat supplies (and get some netting from JoAnn's when I get that pattern, too). One more step closer to being done! Only two months left before my deadline!
Unread 03-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #49818
throwaway358

I didn't end up wearing the costume I had been working on to the con this weekend.
There were a couple reasons: first, I made the skirt a little *too* short. I really couldn't wear it without shorts or something, but the only shorts I have are fairly long and make things look wrong. Also, I couldn't find someone to do makeup for me before heading out for the day/evening, so I would have looked terrible. Finally, I was sick and tired, and generally not self-confident or energetic.

I still had a pretty good time, wearing a generic steampunk costume I made last semester, but I somehow feel like I let myself down.
throwaway358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #49819
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
I feel like if I had more friends willing to travel to cons with me, I would actually get up and go. As it is, they're all extremely broke all the time, and so travel is out of the question. .-. Con roadtrip adventures sound like fun~

Somehow my friends and I never eat "sensible" foods during cons. xD; Messy foods are the tastiest anyhow. We just got really good at not spilling anything anywhere out of necessity, I guess. Also, spam musubi is an amazing con food. o: They're so easy to individually wrap. We did them for Sakura-Con last year and they were great~
Con roadtrips are a lot of fun! Except when you nearly die along the way because another car nearly drives right into you (Thank heavens for my ability to think quickly and take evasive action.) That's not exactly fun. But everything else about roadtripping is awesome. xD;

Gosh, I love spam musubi. I can totally see it being an amazing con food too, since it's super filling, has protein, and isn't messy. If my group makes some for cons this year though I'll have to bring a toothbrush with me though, since the seaweed has a tendency to get stuck in my teeth. =w=

Bought Pinkie Pie fabric today! Really nice fabric, too. My wallet now weeps. Thank heavens for coupons though, since they saved me about $40. Still, after spending about $70 on fabric alone I'll definitely have to severely limit my spending for a while. OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #49820
touchmon
Make All The Things!

My weekend has been pretty much playing Bayonetta with friends. Way too much Bayonetta. So much that I just want to make one of her weapons just for the heck of it. Maybe the bazooka thing?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #49821
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

Planning for Anime North is making me rage like asdgkjdakdjfakf. We already had it all planned out for months and now its screwed up.

So now, last minute my boyfriend decides to plan a group pre-reg and we need 10 people for that right? Now all these extra "friends" we didn't plan for and don't have rides want to come with us. Plus he's the only one that can drive at of all of them, and I'm the only one that can get a separate ride but that's only for Saturday. So to save the others "awkwardness" he won't drive me. ALRIGHT, last year these "friends" didn't even stay with you the whole AN and I sure won't now. You can drive them all and go to the actual convention by yourself.
I really hope my other friend and I get that table for AN, cause I'm not excited for this con anymore. Have to change up my cosplay plans too now. :/
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #49822
SynisterFool

Finished sculpting Sirius Black's wand. J.K. Rowling added all the detail to these so they couldn't be recreated, I swear.

In Progress:
♪Birth By Sleep Bitty!Riku (5%)♪ Dream Drop Distance Riku (5%)

Upcoming Conventions:
♫ShutoCon April 2014
♫Colossalcon June 2014
SynisterFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #49823
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
Exactly so~ though it's all ages, so the drunken part, not so much in this case... but it'll still be fun.

Those look tasty. o.o And interesting. xD; I want to try making them now too. Swedish fish roll sounds like an amazing idea too~
You... should go to a 21+ karaoke place and have drinks with friends one night. xD Probably not during the con, but it would be HILARIOUS as Nyanko-sensei.

The Swedish Fish were not my favorite filling by far, unfortunately. D: But they were entertaining. Dark chocolate chips with strawberry fruit rollup was the best combo in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Gosh, I love spam musubi. I can totally see it being an amazing con food too, since it's super filling, has protein, and isn't messy.
It's also amazing because you can Saran wrap them individually~ They are so tidy to carry around.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #49824
OldestAngel

Quote:
You... should go to a 21+ karaoke place and have drinks with friends one night. xD Probably not during the con, but it would be HILARIOUS as Nyanko-sensei.

The Swedish Fish were not my favorite filling by far, unfortunately. D: But they were entertaining. Dark chocolate chips with strawberry fruit rollup was the best combo in my opinion.
Definitely. Karaoke in cosplay just sounds fun anyways. Ahaha, alcohol + singing + Nyankichi-sensei = amazing fun times. xD Thank you for your suggestion~ I'll try and make it happen.

Really? :-0 That somehow makes me sad... then again, swedish fish and rice krispy treats don't really seem like they'd go well together, but the dark chocolate chips sounds amazing. ...xD; Before worrying about candy sushi though, I should figure out other food.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #49825
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Finishing the Berserk Fury's armor tomorrow. Completely. Every last piece. Add some armor to both feet, paint a couple red zoidcaps, and wait for the snow to go away for a few completion photos. Then I get to start fulfilling my normal responsibilities, like cleaning my room, vacuuming my car, getting a haircut, cleaning out old half-done projects that just never got off the ground, or just aren't up to my current standards. Organizing a cabinet of spare cosplay bits and accessories...
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #49826
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

ARDA WIG SALE IS TONIGHT, GUYS.

Just a reminder. o:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
Definitely. Karaoke in cosplay just sounds fun anyways. Ahaha, alcohol + singing + Nyankichi-sensei = amazing fun times. xD Thank you for your suggestion~ I'll try and make it happen.

Really? :-0 That somehow makes me sad... then again, swedish fish and rice krispy treats don't really seem like they'd go well together, but the dark chocolate chips sounds amazing. ...xD; Before worrying about candy sushi though, I should figure out other food.
I've only been to karaoke once, but it seems like it would be more hilarious in cosplay. xD

And yeah. .-. I love the idea of Swedish Fish being a kind of tuna substitute, but the flavors don't go particularly well together.

My friend and I brainstormed that something like an enclosed bread with a filling would be great con food. Like a Jamaican patty or a calzone or something. It would be easy to individually wrap, carry, and kind of clean to eat with your hands at the con. And we thought about it and decided that we were basically trying to come up with fancy Hot Pockets. xD;

We seem to be better at noodle dishes, though. Last year we had spaghetti and chow mein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
Finishing the Berserk Fury's armor tomorrow. Completely. Every last piece. Add some armor to both feet, paint a couple red zoidcaps, and wait for the snow to go away for a few completion photos. Then I get to start fulfilling my normal responsibilities, like cleaning my room, vacuuming my car, getting a haircut, cleaning out old half-done projects that just never got off the ground, or just aren't up to my current standards. Organizing a cabinet of spare cosplay bits and accessories...
And organizing a party for the Fury. It is so amazing already, I can't wait to see pictures of it completely finished~!

Also, was there no fix for the Charged Particle Cannon idea?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #49827
Rinkia
Banned

Yay! Final fantasy xiii-2 Serah cosplay is so so amazing like this one. But how to get started u.u
Rinkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #49828
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Quote:
And organizing a party for the Fury. It is so amazing already, I can't wait to see pictures of it completely finished~!

Also, was there no fix for the Charged Particle Cannon idea?
There are several possible alternatives, but after looking at the convention rules for the debut con, each possibility would be breaking rules >.< The laser pointer is outright banned. The fog machine wasn't pushing out enough smoke. Squirt guns are banned. I could have one of those party blower noise maker things, but I'd have to super size one, and I don't think I have the lung capacity to inflate a 10 foot long balloon with enough speed to look like it's firing. I could use a Co2 tank for the balloon thingy, but I'd have to buy a butterfly valve attachment, and run a pipe or hose to the Fury's throat, and then somehow hide the jumbo party blower thing.

-Another option is a nerf gun: also prohibited
-Bubble gun: also prohibited
-LED's: hardly good enough
-Functional flamethrower: Banned beyond question xD
-Plasma ball (Those things that make little lightning arcs) can't hide it without manually detaching it
-drawn CP cannon blast on paper with extending rod: Possible, but potentially expensive and require complete overhaul of the fury. Loss of detail, and various other nightmares.

I really wanted the fog machine to work, but wizard sticks just don't cut it. Even using a baggy as a fog bladder...
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #49829
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkia View Post
Yay! Final fantasy xiii-2 Serah cosplay is so so amazing like this one. But how to get started u.u
I start with a Prop. I like to be able to hold what the character fights with, and then get a boost of confidence and inspiration when I look back on the object in question and think "I did this, I can do this other thing. Just one step at a time!"
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #49830
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Cut my new Link wiiiiiiiiiiiig~! And it looks so fiiiiiiiiiiine~! Only took six hourrrrrsss~!

*has the right to be annoying after such an up-and-down day*
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote