Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #49906
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Guess I'd better get some work done again next week/this weekend. Gotta make two craft foam brooches, a fang necklace out of air-dry clay (though I'll get my mom to paint it. She's an AMAZING painter, so she can get the "rotting tooth" look just right on it), and wash at least one of my wigs out. Guess I'd better wait on the other til closer to the date, so I don't have to fold it into a bag. Ooh, and I'm still waiting on my swatches...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #49907
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

So I stayed up a bit too late trying to figure out who I'm cosplaying and it's kinda between Princess Tutu's Swan Lake var and adult Zelda from Ocarina of Time....personally I would love to do Princess Tutu's Sugarplum but I definitely don't have time for that at the moment. Swan Lake would be a bit of money but I don't really mind since it's amazingly pretty. Adult Zelda would be fairly simple, though, and THAT one I can use my Joann Fabric gift cards on.....
But then apparently normal tutu net is also called crinoline and I think Joann Fabrics carries crinoline....I've never found it there, but...XD

I hate decisions.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #49908
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

Dammit, my funds!!!!!

My sister bought a camera on ebay she doesn't want and is giving it to me provided I pay the $50 for it. The only con is it's $50 from my budget I'm saving for convention money...and it's red. I want a pink camera. [/spoiled whine]
The positives is it's a nice Nikon camera with a memory card, and I've been meaning to get one for college anyway, so I don't have to use my mom's potentially dead camera and worry about giving it back/explaining what the hell this half naked girl in a blue wig is doing on her camera.

*mourns funds*

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #49909
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
So I stayed up a bit too late trying to figure out who I'm cosplaying and it's kinda between Princess Tutu's Swan Lake var and adult Zelda from Ocarina of Time....personally I would love to do Princess Tutu's Sugarplum but I definitely don't have time for that at the moment. Swan Lake would be a bit of money but I don't really mind since it's amazingly pretty. Adult Zelda would be fairly simple, though, and THAT one I can use my Joann Fabric gift cards on.....
But then apparently normal tutu net is also called crinoline and I think Joann Fabrics carries crinoline....I've never found it there, but...XD

I hate decisions.
If it wasn't for the reasons you mentioned, I'd totally vote Princess Tutu. But I understand time/money choices :3

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #49910
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
If it wasn't for the reasons you mentioned, I'd totally vote Princess Tutu. But I understand time/money choices :3
Lol I think inwardly I've convinced myself to do her Swan Lake var.
Sugarplum Fairy will have to wait.
But during school I was thinking of what to do with the blue applique on the bodice...And I've figured out what to do! Since none of the appliques my favorite tutu site sells go with the design, I decided I want to attempt to use beading and sequins to do my own. I'm fine with doing that since it's not as much as my faerie bodice was.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #49911
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

This is getting ridiculous. I really need those charges to be dropped so I can book my flight to LA for InvaderCon II. I'm giving it one more hour then I'm calling again
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #49912
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
Dammit, my funds!!!!!

My sister bought a camera on ebay she doesn't want and is giving it to me provided I pay the $50 for it. The only con is it's $50 from my budget I'm saving for convention money...and it's red. I want a pink camera. [/spoiled whine]
The positives is it's a nice Nikon camera with a memory card, and I've been meaning to get one for college anyway, so I don't have to use my mom's potentially dead camera and worry about giving it back/explaining what the hell this half naked girl in a blue wig is doing on her camera.

*mourns funds*
Tell her that you will pay her back in the near future... or tell her it could be your early/late birthday or Christmas present. 8 D LMAO It might convince her. ;3 That's how I usually convince my siblings of giving me free things. //shot

Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #49913
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
This is getting ridiculous. I really need those charges to be dropped so I can book my flight to LA for InvaderCon II. I'm giving it one more hour then I'm calling again
Ooooh. I am so jealous! I wish I could afford to go to that! Good luck!!

2016 Plans: MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #49914
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.

Lining. I hate it.

I can't cut right at the moment, my hands are so shaky. what is wrong with me...
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2

Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #49915
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

One of the most frightening things in life is being stuck on stage for longer than you'd like. I want to participate at this one masq as a walk on but the fact that last year's walk on's were 3+minutes EACH! I hope they fix this...
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #49916
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraCosplayHai View Post
Lining. I hate it.

I can't cut right at the moment, my hands are so shaky. what is wrong with me...
OMG, this. I can NEVER get lining to sit right after I cut it out. It's virtually always crooked or off-center or too long, too short, etcetera ETCETERA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #49917
PK.love

I finally am almost done with my gosh darn Conan cosplay. I just need a bow tie!
It took way too long to find a suiting (and fitting since they were all too big) jacket so I am happy.

See? This is what it looks like!

Noooow I get to go buy many things for my Skyloft Link cosplay.
I am going to be so poor help.
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #49918
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

I always freak out and then melt inside when someone comments on my cosplays, especially when it’s a cosplayer/photographer/person I really admire. It really means a lot to me that they'd take the time to do so, especially when I'm relatively new to sewing and cosplay (two years for both, not counting my old store bought Iruka cosplay) and my stuff isn't that spectacular. It's really nice. I try to post comments on anything the catches my eye or that I just outright adore before I realize how good it makes one feel.

Now that I'm done being silly goose, I'm going to go make something. XD

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK.love View Post
Noooow I get to go buy many things for my Skyloft Link cosplay.
I am going to be so poor help.
Not to sound like a creeper or anything weird, but you're going to be an adorable Link. 8D
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #49919
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

It's so nice to finally have the money to commission a costume instead of buying it off some website.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #49920
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

....I suddenly went from convinced this costume was going be spectacular to convinced it was going to look like a mess. This is taxing.

I also concluded that if I actually made every cosplay I've been half-way serious about attempting, there would not be enough room...in the world for what I would have created.

I also keep forgetting to charge my cellphone.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote