Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #49906
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel
 
Celia Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,576
my fur came~!

omg it's so fluffy and amazing~~~

it sheds like crazy, but it's absolutely perfect.
__________________
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #49907
underthewings
"Come and capture me"
 
underthewings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Got to order the wire online tomorrow~ Also need to find silver buttons for the skirt! Who knew it'd be such a challenge to find three buttons?!
underthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #49908
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,144
Guess I'd better get some work done again next week/this weekend. Gotta make two craft foam brooches, a fang necklace out of air-dry clay (though I'll get my mom to paint it. She's an AMAZING painter, so she can get the "rotting tooth" look just right on it), and wash at least one of my wigs out. Guess I'd better wait on the other til closer to the date, so I don't have to fold it into a bag. Ooh, and I'm still waiting on my swatches...
__________________
Deviantart
Storenvy
Facebook (Artist alley only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #49909
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,356
So I stayed up a bit too late trying to figure out who I'm cosplaying and it's kinda between Princess Tutu's Swan Lake var and adult Zelda from Ocarina of Time....personally I would love to do Princess Tutu's Sugarplum but I definitely don't have time for that at the moment. Swan Lake would be a bit of money but I don't really mind since it's amazingly pretty. Adult Zelda would be fairly simple, though, and THAT one I can use my Joann Fabric gift cards on.....
But then apparently normal tutu net is also called crinoline and I think Joann Fabrics carries crinoline....I've never found it there, but...XD

I hate decisions.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #49910
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru
 
Chirudesu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 587
Dammit, my funds!!!!!

My sister bought a camera on ebay she doesn't want and is giving it to me provided I pay the $50 for it. The only con is it's $50 from my budget I'm saving for convention money...and it's red. I want a pink camera. [/spoiled whine]
The positives is it's a nice Nikon camera with a memory card, and I've been meaning to get one for college anyway, so I don't have to use my mom's potentially dead camera and worry about giving it back/explaining what the hell this half naked girl in a blue wig is doing on her camera.

*mourns funds*
__________________
Sakura-Con 2012:
Yoruichi Shihouin - Bleach (100%)


私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #49911
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru
 
Chirudesu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
So I stayed up a bit too late trying to figure out who I'm cosplaying and it's kinda between Princess Tutu's Swan Lake var and adult Zelda from Ocarina of Time....personally I would love to do Princess Tutu's Sugarplum but I definitely don't have time for that at the moment. Swan Lake would be a bit of money but I don't really mind since it's amazingly pretty. Adult Zelda would be fairly simple, though, and THAT one I can use my Joann Fabric gift cards on.....
But then apparently normal tutu net is also called crinoline and I think Joann Fabrics carries crinoline....I've never found it there, but...XD

I hate decisions.
If it wasn't for the reasons you mentioned, I'd totally vote Princess Tutu. But I understand time/money choices :3
__________________
Sakura-Con 2012:
Yoruichi Shihouin - Bleach (100%)


私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #49912
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
If it wasn't for the reasons you mentioned, I'd totally vote Princess Tutu. But I understand time/money choices :3
Lol I think inwardly I've convinced myself to do her Swan Lake var.
Sugarplum Fairy will have to wait.
But during school I was thinking of what to do with the blue applique on the bodice...And I've figured out what to do! Since none of the appliques my favorite tutu site sells go with the design, I decided I want to attempt to use beading and sequins to do my own. I'm fine with doing that since it's not as much as my faerie bodice was.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #49913
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!
 
Stormraven24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,182
This is getting ridiculous. I really need those charges to be dropped so I can book my flight to LA for InvaderCon II. I'm giving it one more hour then I'm calling again
__________________
Stormraven Cosplay!
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #49914
Akahime
Red Princess
 
Akahime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
Dammit, my funds!!!!!

My sister bought a camera on ebay she doesn't want and is giving it to me provided I pay the $50 for it. The only con is it's $50 from my budget I'm saving for convention money...and it's red. I want a pink camera. [/spoiled whine]
The positives is it's a nice Nikon camera with a memory card, and I've been meaning to get one for college anyway, so I don't have to use my mom's potentially dead camera and worry about giving it back/explaining what the hell this half naked girl in a blue wig is doing on her camera.

*mourns funds*
Tell her that you will pay her back in the near future... or tell her it could be your early/late birthday or Christmas present. 8 D LMAO It might convince her. ;3 That's how I usually convince my siblings of giving me free things. //shot
__________________
my upcoming 2016 Cosplays
Kat (Gravity Rush), Tia of Avalon Code, Kyoko of Skip Beat, Cai Wenji of DW8, Nausicaš of Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, Beggar/Banker from LoZ:OoT/M'sM?

Next cons: Anime Central, Anime Expo
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #49915
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer
 
Pirogoeth05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
This is getting ridiculous. I really need those charges to be dropped so I can book my flight to LA for InvaderCon II. I'm giving it one more hour then I'm calling again
Ooooh. I am so jealous! I wish I could afford to go to that! Good luck!!
__________________
Next Up: DragonCon 2015
First Doctor (Bathing Beauty), Tenth Doctor (The Christmas Invasion), Gaz Membrane, Death


2015 Plans: Ohayocon, MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #49916
KiraCosplayHai
Guardian Corps.
 
KiraCosplayHai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 585
Lining. I hate it.

I can't cut right at the moment, my hands are so shaky. what is wrong with me...
__________________
White Flash. call upon my name.
Cosplays In Progress:
Serah Farron FFXIII-2
Paddra Nsu Yeul FFXIII-2


Time flows without pause. In a world where I no longer exist, the future, is about to change. Serah, the truth still survives, but only you, renember it.
Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
KiraCosplayHai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #49917
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...
 
DarkCloudInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,741
One of the most frightening things in life is being stuck on stage for longer than you'd like. I want to participate at this one masq as a walk on but the fact that last year's walk on's were 3+minutes EACH! I hope they fix this...
__________________
Facebook (Friend|Fan) - Twitter
RWBY: Blake Belladonna - Gambol Shroud FUNCTIONAL: Done!
RWBY: Pyrrha Nikos - Milo FUNCTIONAL: Building
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #49918
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraCosplayHai View Post
Lining. I hate it.

I can't cut right at the moment, my hands are so shaky. what is wrong with me...
OMG, this. I can NEVER get lining to sit right after I cut it out. It's virtually always crooked or off-center or too long, too short, etcetera ETCETERA.
__________________
Deviantart
Storenvy
Facebook (Artist alley only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #49919
PK.love
Registered User
 
PK.love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 312
I finally am almost done with my gosh darn Conan cosplay. I just need a bow tie!
It took way too long to find a suiting (and fitting since they were all too big) jacket so I am happy.

See? This is what it looks like!

Noooow I get to go buy many things for my Skyloft Link cosplay.
I am going to be so poor help.
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #49920
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate
 
ShadowDrac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 654
I always freak out and then melt inside when someone comments on my cosplays, especially when it’s a cosplayer/photographer/person I really admire. It really means a lot to me that they'd take the time to do so, especially when I'm relatively new to sewing and cosplay (two years for both, not counting my old store bought Iruka cosplay) and my stuff isn't that spectacular. It's really nice. I try to post comments on anything the catches my eye or that I just outright adore before I realize how good it makes one feel.

Now that I'm done being silly goose, I'm going to go make something. XD

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK.love View Post
Noooow I get to go buy many things for my Skyloft Link cosplay.
I am going to be so poor help.
Not to sound like a creeper or anything weird, but you're going to be an adorable Link. 8D
__________________
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
BellaCos, TMLiza
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.