Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1052 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #50011
ghosgreen

After the hurdles I jumped through and the literal leap of faith and trial by fire I went through I'm almost done with the Loki helmet! My very first armor piece to build from scratch it's actually almost done. I'm really impressed. I never thought I'd ever get to this point.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #50012
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

It almost feels like a day was wasted having made no leeway or progress towards completing my costume. But I was at least able to have made some progress in terms of design.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #50013
PK.love

I finally ordered most of the things I need for my cosplay so I feel a bit better now that it is just the waiting game with the mailman. I don't want to look at my bank account after this though hahaa.
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:06 AM   #50014
SynisterFool

ShutoCon is on Friday, and i'm now super-excited. Need to finish these signs, style this Alois wig and a few other things and then i'll be ready to go!

In Progress:
♪Birth By Sleep Bitty!Riku (5%)♪ Dream Drop Distance Riku (5%)

Upcoming Conventions:
♫ShutoCon April 2014
♫Colossalcon June 2014
SynisterFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #50015
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Oh good lord, I had earlier thought I would not be going to Uppcon in Sweden this year (been the two earlier years) because the date is pretty bad for me and tickets are more expensive this year... and I have a con in Finland the weekend before. But now I'm planning to go there anyway because it kinda hurts not to go there because Uppcon has a special place in my heart because it was the first "proper" con I ever went to and the first con where I cosplayed and I have many awesome memories from the two years I've been there. Gah. Not to mention I noticed train tickets were kinda cheap... and maybe if I go to the train station in Luleĺ soon after my school finishes (yeah, last school day the day before the con, go figure) it might be possible to go to the con.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN-SWE-FIN DesuCruise (21-23th August 2014)
THU ???
FRI Sōji Okita (summer uniform) - Hakuōki SSL ~Sweet School Life~
SAT ---
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #50016
nbrand48

cosplay for fun, and it is an art.
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #50017
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffyspiffy View Post
.n. I'm STILL trying to decide between two of one character's outfits! D:
Plus, I don't even know how acceptable it is to wear non-anime to anime con as I never havexD
I've only been to one anime con (Ohayocon), but I didn't wear a single anime cosplay the whole three days. There were quite a few video game cosplays and a decent amount of sci-fi (mainly Doctor Who and Star Wars) too.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #50018
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Whyyyyyyyyyy oh why did my Sakura staff have to break so close to Sakura Con?! And when I have a photoshoot planned! It's probably going to be impossible to commission a new one in time, and I'm not sure if I have the ability to make it myself; I can't make it during Spring Break, because I wouldn't be able to fly back north with it, and if I had my dad ship it back from me it might not arrive before Sakura Con.

Perhaps I can try doing a temporary fix with superglue and light pink duct tape and just cover the spot for photos, but I can't imagine that being particularly sturdy... Not that it was very sturdy for the past few months to begin with, but... OTL I'll have to talk to my friend and ask her to take a look at it before deciding what to do from here. I have a response to my Marketplace ad, but it can't be done before Sakura Con (though it would be in time for Fanime) so I need to think about that.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh whyyyyyyyyyyy OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #50019
myalchod
reflections and dreams

I know I have black tricot interfacing. Why can't I find it now that I need it? >_> Oh well, was probably going to have to get more anyway, but still ... I wanted to bring the buttons to work today. Instead, more lace-sewing. Ugh, soooooooooo behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Perhaps I can try doing a temporary fix with superglue and light pink duct tape and just cover the spot for photos, but I can't imagine that being particularly sturdy...
What's it made of? If it's wood (and thick enough around), you might be able to drill holes into both sides of the break and add a dowel inside to help hold the two sides together better than glue and tape would alone.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #50020
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Hmmm, Shutocon... I still haven't decided if I want to pop over there for a day or not. It's about an hour and a half drive, so we wouldn't need a hotel, and I keep doing stupid Kotetsu-related stuff, which I suspect is because I *still* miss getting into some costume of his every day at Katsucon. And, y'know, monthly bills are all paid, and my next paycheck comes in on Thursday, so I've got a little road-tripping cash.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #50021
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm debating whether I can alter simplicity's kimono pattern for Ririchiyo's top or not. I think it's possible, heck it probably is. And I can do it now since I have the kimono pattern part on me at college. And I rethought the whole slit thing on Rirhciyo's skirt and I think I'll put them in. I'm still afraid of making it though since this means I need to break up the skirt into two pieces which means more math to figure out. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #50022
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ooookay, time to get to work...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #50023
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Today is my only day off this week.

There are three major things I need to work on: sewing the mockup for Erza's jacket, cutting and embroidering the patches, and redying the fabric.

I need to completely finish ONE of these things today, and preferably either finish or make some headway on at least one other thing as well.

Time to get off of coscom. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #50024
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalchod View Post
What's it made of? If it's wood (and thick enough around), you might be able to drill holes into both sides of the break and add a dowel inside to help hold the two sides together better than glue and tape would alone.
I think the base is made of a dowel rod or two; it was in two pieces that connected. As for the drilling idea, the problem is I live in a dorm and don't exactly have any power tools (or know anyone who does besides by dad back in California.) x-x; I appreciate the suggestion, though; perhaps I'll ask some of my friends who aren't leaving the state if they could do something like that for me over Spring Break. xD;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #50025
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I hope I don't have to undo ALL this stitching to get the puckers out. And I really don't want to try it again since I know I'll get the same result. Maybe I shouldn't have done it in one continuous stitch? Hmmmm.....