Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #50041
LeekFish
Clow Reader

I really hate decisions that require thought and consideration but also need to be made really fast. OTL Sakura staff, why did you have to break on meeeeeee /sob

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #50042
myalchod
reflections and dreams

I should not be so excited about having buttons made, but OMG I HAVE SOME BUTTONS AND THEY LOOK AWESOME. Even if they took far too long. XD There's definitely a learning curve to this widget.

Note to self: this does not mean you now should put self-fabric buttons on everything. Buttonholes suck. With love, from the rational part of your brain.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #50043
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I think I'm going to be using fleece to make my friend's Gatomon tail, paws and ears. It's on sale now at Jo-Anns so that's even awesomer! Is it hard to work with? I'm so scared of messing up on this thing...

As for my Mozaik Role Gumi... why is it so hard to find a premade red pleated skirt? 0_o. I didn't want to have to make it but it looks like I'm going to have to. I really wish I figured out I was going to do this before so I could have used all those coupons Jo-Anns had before.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 03-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #50044
Chimera~Moon

..I really want a Gakupo Plush...
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #50045
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I caved and went and asked my supervisor who does the schedule to drop me to only 40 hours/week for the two weeks until Sakura-Con.

I love having overtime and good hours and big paychecks, but I need to finish Erza. Seriously. My group is counting on me. I have so much stuff I need to do it's not even funny.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #50046
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

I'm getting kind of nervous about my Dolorosa cosplay. I ordered the wig from Arda, but considering the backlog of orders, I don't know if it's sold out or not.
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #50047
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
I really hate decisions that require thought and consideration but also need to be made really fast. OTL Sakura staff, why did you have to break on meeeeeee /sob
UGH I KNOW.
Mine broke right after the con I wore Sakura too......but mostly because my cousin DROPPED it because she was in color guard and really excited.
Hmph.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #50048
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So along with a trip to the gym tomorrow, I need to do some dumping out and re-organizing of several drawers... and then get some more work done on the craft foam brooches. I got all the testing done, and the stencils cut out. Now to actually MAKE the things. I can probably have them done within a few days, spread out over three or four hours, in a rough guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #50049
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Going to Jo-Anns tomorrow with my friend in order to get the supplies to make her Gatomon stuff and my Mozaik Role Gumi. *looks around online for coupons* I'm hoping they have all of the colors of fleece I'm going to need for this.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #50050
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Going to Jo-Anns tomorrow with my friend in order to get the supplies to make her Gatomon stuff and my Mozaik Role Gumi. *looks around online for coupons* I'm hoping they have all of the colors of fleece I'm going to need for this.
Here, I found this site the other day. : D
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #50051
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Have you ever tried to make a design, you look for ideas, and you find one that's perfect...but you don't want to steal it, but it's all you can think about >.<
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #50052
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I think I'm going to have my mom call that awesome, amazing sewing store that's like 40 minutes away and has really odd hours. Because I really don't want to pay shipping.....nor do I want to pay $25 for 12 hackle pads or like $35 for Swarovski rhinestones (but those are so pretty ahhh)
I also just kind of want to look at fabric, so.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #50053
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I'm finally watching Howl's Moving Castle. I've never seen the whole thing before now. I can see why my friend loves it so much.

*eyes sunhat in my closet that I've had since I was 10* I finally have a use for you now...
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #50054
Curucar

Awww. Spring has sprung for everyone! I'm totally empathizing with c.com's backlogged wig shipping, even if it means my wig's arrival will be cutting it rather close (I did 7.5 hours of office work today. And I'm a lab assistant. Thanks spring rush x_x)
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #50055
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I want to get a new sewing machine. o:

Last month I went into a dealership store and I was really impressed with the Pfaff Ambition 1.0 they had. I was less impressed with the $800 on-sale price tag.

But, after reading all the reviews I could find on the Ambition 1.0, it seems like a solid machine. It also has a bunch of features I had never even considered looking for a sewing machine because I never knew they existed. And about 130 more stitches than I probably will ever use.

Next week I'm going to a third dealership to see more machines/the same machines for possibly different prices, and then I will most likely go back to the original store, look at the Ambition 1.0 again, and make my final decision on it.

My current Brother machine has trouble with 4 layers of broadcloth, it's time for an upgrade.

If anyone wants to tell me about what machines they have/machines they want/info about Pfaffs and/or the Ambition 1.0/anything about sewing machines, that would be pretty neat. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14