Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #50041
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write Knight View Post
Yeah. I'm just ultra lucky that it was just one of the Fury blade's, and the jetpack white wing things. If it were something like the head, I think I might have just cried. I mean, there's some dents and dings I have to flatten out, and a piece of armor I have to re-attach (with a washer now because it popped through it's screw) but I'm pretty lucky despite the fall. It was a good controlled fall...

Fury's inherent Bad-ass-ness has allowed it to survive things that other cosplays obviously wouldn't have! >:U
Definitely - better the blades than the head. T-T I would have joined you in crying at that point... you could call the dents and dings 'battle scars'. Though that might just be a cop out.

Exactly! >:U
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #50042
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Alrighty. Since I've heard such good things about them, and there's a sale, I'm going to order my first wig from Arda. Lin Xiao Li, here I come!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #50043
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Well, just turned my first lapel right side out. It's.....different. I'm a bit concerned. Maybe I need to trim the seam allowance to get everything to be not so bulky. Eh. That'll happen tomorrow.
Unread 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #50044
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I think my Alice wig is here. I got a parcel pickup notice today. It would be nice as the estimated delivery wasn't until the 20th, if that's what it is I can wear it to Kawa.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #50045
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm sitting here regretting the fact that I never had a chance to design or make Katniss's fire dress/interview dress.

Also, I want to design Rue's interview dress....

Wow I'm going to get nothing done tonight.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #50046
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I'm going to Japan Day in NYC in May and I really want to cosplay for it. XD I was thinking about bringing Rolling Girl Gumi but then I realized walking around the city with a beaten up look is probably not the best idea so I will be making Mozaik Role Gumi for it instead. Which means a trip to Jo-Anns is in order! XD

To make matters even better I even convinced the friend I'm going with to cosplay with me! Although she is going to be cosplaying a Gatomon gijinka! And I'm going to be making her paws, tail and ears. ^_^.

*stares at Gatomon's paws* How the heck am I going to make that without a sewing machine here at college!?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #50047
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hooray! I get to make fancy drawstring pouches to use up some of my beading/trim scrap and leftover bits of fabric.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #50048
OldestAngel

Carving spray foam is so much fun~ <3 And I mean that with sincerity, despite having the stuff all over now. One wrist down, one more to go! Then to fix the shoulders~ I love progress~

Had an insane moment where I realized I have everything I need to make Alibaba from Magi with me right now, so tempted to somehow make it happen before con. o.o;
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #50049
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Alice is pretty much done. I just need to add the blood splatter. I got a parcel notice today and I think it's my wig. So, I think I'll be wearing this to Kawa. I don't have any props though. I'm making the hobby horse for a school project but it will be a little while before I do that.
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #50050
Chimera~Moon

Yay! I just finished my cloak! Now i just need my hair clips and my dress and dratini is done!!
I also realized my cloak pattern is PERFECT for a Raven from Teen Titans cosplay. Double Score
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #50051
Angelx624
Grell's #1 Fangirl

Gah, I need to work on my badge for Cop Stocking. T^T" Gonna do that tonight. xD
Ian Yorkland
Teru
Captain Marvelous
Akikoroid
Apple Bloom
Taffyta Muttonfudge
Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #50052
LeekFish
Clow Reader

I really hate decisions that require thought and consideration but also need to be made really fast. OTL Sakura staff, why did you have to break on meeeeeee /sob

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #50053
myalchod
reflections and dreams

I should not be so excited about having buttons made, but OMG I HAVE SOME BUTTONS AND THEY LOOK AWESOME. Even if they took far too long. XD There's definitely a learning curve to this widget.

Note to self: this does not mean you now should put self-fabric buttons on everything. Buttonholes suck. With love, from the rational part of your brain.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #50054
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I think I'm going to be using fleece to make my friend's Gatomon tail, paws and ears. It's on sale now at Jo-Anns so that's even awesomer! Is it hard to work with? I'm so scared of messing up on this thing...

As for my Mozaik Role Gumi... why is it so hard to find a premade red pleated skirt? 0_o. I didn't want to have to make it but it looks like I'm going to have to. I really wish I figured out I was going to do this before so I could have used all those coupons Jo-Anns had before.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 03-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #50055
Chimera~Moon

..I really want a Gakupo Plush...
Day2- Swimstuck Terezi
Day3- Lady Nightwing
Chimera~Moon is offline   Reply With Quote