Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #50086
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I kind of want to perform a skit in masquerade at Anime Expo now.
This is what happens when I'm on a Princess Tutu high at the same time as iDOLM@STER.
Ooh, maybe I'll make an iDOLM@STER costume as my fourth costume! That way my toes don't have to die for more than two days....

But I would hate to just...randomly dance. I need a story, and I need a way to nicely record audio. That's not that big of a problem, though, but a story....
Well, needless to say, I'm watching Princess Tutu while making my graphic organizer for anatomy tonight.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #50087
Blood_Sword
Prince of Snow

Why does the waiting time for wigs/other cosplay stuff feel like forever? I want my wigs nooooooow.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #50088
smoreface

Currently trying to fix a curly wig of mine so that I can sell it. I've never dealt with trying to re-curl a wig before, if it goes successfully I'll put it in the market place. If It's become a shitty nappy mess of a mess then I'll just let it gather dust in my closet or just flat iron it all out. I've gotten the extension pony tail untangled but now the main faire needs to be fixed as well.
What blows my fucking mind? I let my friend wear it for only...3 hours at a convention. He returned it in the piece of shit stage it's in now. All of my rage. How could you do so much damage in three ever lovin' hours? What were you even doing?
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #50089
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Finally figured out why my first lapel turned out kinda wonky. I might redo it after making the hat just to see if I can get it closer to my second one in terms of flatness and whatnot. In the meantime, one more edge to slipstitch and both will be ready to go on the dress itself tomorrow. Then it's onto the "bustle button" and the hat and the tacking of the stars and this thing will be ready!
Unread 03-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #50090
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Bought some wig caps and hairpins, plus a wig stand. This is what happens when I don't cosplay for a few years; I have to re-buy all the things I lost.
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #50091
xiaohei
Banned

Efforts, there is hope
xiaohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #50092
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Despite the fact I am well aware that Belle's yellow ballgown, in just that; it's not worn outside, I really want to make it, fly to B.C, and the UBC campus, find that path behind the Museum of Anthropology overlooking the ocean and the mountains and run up the hill singing:

"I want adventure in the great, wide somewhere!" o___O; Because it would only be epic in my mind.

On a more practical note. I made a strip of box pleats. They are not awful. Progress has been made.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #50093
Shiizuma
The Pragmatic Realist

I am SO nervous about sewing my own costumes that Ive had literal nightmares about it.
I have never sewn anything in my life, but I do have my grandmother who will teach me and help me out with the cosplay (even if she doesnt understand it xD lol)
But still. I have to start from scratch and I hope to have enough money to actually do this. Providing I dont have a job (yet) I only have about $400 to work with. Will I be able to make do with that? I hope so. It all depends if I screw up and have to start over... that would suck.

2013 Conventions
PAX East | AnimeNEXT | Otakon

Past Cosplays
Shizuma Hanazono (Strawberry Panic) | IA (Vocaloid) | Misa Amane

This Year's Cosplays
FEM!Hikaru (OHSHC) [group cosplay] | Hatsune Miku - Love Philosophia (Vocaloid)

Tumblr | MyFitnessPal | DeviantArt
Shiizuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #50094
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

I finally got my sewing machine threaded! I can sew my costume pieces now! T__T Joy~!

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #50095
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Melfina's mantle discs are nearly done! My model magic got a few cracks during the drying process, so I'm just gonna throw a layer of gesso on them tomorrow. Then when they're dry, I'll spray them sealed and one less thing to worry about! All I need is a tie... I also need to learn how to tie a tie. >.>
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #50096
shmac

Tomorrow is my first convention and I'm skipping school for it. Three years ago I'd be stoked out of my mind, but right now I'd almost rather go to school. xD I'm just not into it as I used to be. I'm making my friend's cosplay, it's midnight, the con is tomorrow, and I'm still not done. AAH! Also, I need to learn how to sew sleeves. (Didn't have a pattern. Cut out the correct shape, just ended up sewing it on and hoping for the best. Meh.)
Perhaps it's because it's a smaller convention, but I'm just not that excited. I should be sewing right now, but I'm on cosplay.com. And I want to sleep. I realize that I'm rambling. Blaaah.
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #50097
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Hellsing patch and Rose shoes came in today. Slightly less nervous about my rapidly approaching deadline. I only have time to work on the weekends, though. D:
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #50098
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmac View Post
Tomorrow is my first convention and I'm skipping school for it. Three years ago I'd be stoked out of my mind, but right now I'd almost rather go to school. xD I'm just not into it as I used to be. I'm making my friend's cosplay, it's midnight, the con is tomorrow, and I'm still not done. AAH! Also, I need to learn how to sew sleeves. (Didn't have a pattern. Cut out the correct shape, just ended up sewing it on and hoping for the best. Meh.)
Perhaps it's because it's a smaller convention, but I'm just not that excited. I should be sewing right now, but I'm on cosplay.com. And I want to sleep. I realize that I'm rambling. Blaaah.
Whoa, be careful! Sleeves are trickier to sew than you might think! Western styled sleeves, anyways. If you're unsure, please look up tutorials on youtube (there are a TON), if not, you'll end up with some wonky sleeves! D:
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #50099
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

GAH kawaii kon is tomorrow and...I'm still sewing my cosplay... I have 10 hours...I can so do this. hopefully. I still need to cut some stuff crap.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:32 AM   #50100
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Made some major cosplay changes and things are going somewhat smoothly.. Let's hope they stay that way. Since it's technically March 16.. my con is tomorrow! How exciting.. for some reason, I'm really nervous to be debuting Riku. I feel like I'm gonna do him wrong or act terribly out of character or something. ;_; But I'm not going to get frazzled...
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote