Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 935 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #50086
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I've decided to push my debut date for formal USO girl up to mid-April for RavenCon. That means I need to get off my lazy butt and finish the second lapel and at least start on the hat. And tack down all 48 stars (5 points x 48 stars = ........[math. hurting. head.] 240 points to tack O_O) just for that extra peace of mind. And figure out how to make this netting veil thingy so it looks presentable and not lazy. And add a button at the back for bustling. Grrrr. Just had to go and make this complicated, didn't I.

Unread 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #50087
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Fury is now loaded into the rental truck. His photoshoot is tomorrow in Upton MA at 11 AM in some seemingly abandoned landscaping and construction site. All I have to do tomorrow morning is wake up, have a bite, tie down anything that might fall and smash the other pieces, and drive down there.

I've got 4 hours for the shoot (11-3) and 2 hours to unload, refuel, and return the truck, or get charged for an extra day. Here's hoping we get some amazing shots, and a few video clips I can splice into a nicer video. ^^
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #50088
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Lin Xiao Li's Chronos Suit Tie. Stripes all drawn by Hand: Lin's tie!
That is amazing. O_O

Went shopping with my friend and we got all the colored fleece we will need for Gatomon. And I got a yellow shirt and red fabric for the skirt for Gumi. I'm actually pretty mad because I didn't find an orange shirt in either Jo-Anns or Michaels. Like seriously. It's a plain orange shirt. That's all I need! I'm thinking of maybe ordering it from the the Jo-Anns website since it is on sale and I could use coupons to help lower the cost.

I'm really excited to begin work on my friend's Gatomon cosplay though. ^_^ After midterms for the next two weeks it will be work on that while I'm at college and whip up my Mozaik Role Gumi when I am home.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #50089
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

I think the universe is conspiring to make me cosplay Chie sooner. First one of my friends is selling a wig for cheap that should work, then Goodwill has a TON of reading glasses there (sadly they were all too big but I spent plenty of time trying them on) and I found shoes that were a pretty good match, the heels were a bit too big but I can always use the height, for just $4. I'm taking the hint universe, I just need to finish other stuff first!
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #50090
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That is amazing. O_O
Thank you! It took forever to do since there aren't really any good pictures of their ties.

Speaking of Chronos, now that I have Lin Xiao Li almost done, I must motivate my friend to get her Jenos Hazard cosplay together! XD
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 03-14-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #50091
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Bought a 34 gallon storage tub today.

To dye fabric in, of course.

Afterwards I can store things inside.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #50092
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

My drill came in and I can't seem to get it to fit correctly...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #50093
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Power tools last night. <3 Made some pretty good progress getting the base sword cut with dremel and hand saw, but I think I need to dig out my jig saw and try that -- the angles aren't quite working with the other. But that's for the weekend, along with sanding forever.
And then I pinned the lace to my petticoat hem and holy crap, I forgot how long that can take. T_T Sisi's petticoats are going to kill me when I get there. HEMMING FOREVER.
Ichihara Yuuko - butterfly kimono (xxxHolic / Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #50094
Chaletica
[laughs]

Almost done with my Tinkerbull plush for Tavros! Only tail, nose ring and wings left.
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #50095
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Going shopping with my friend tomorrow. We're going to see if we can find dark purple Dress shirts for our cosplays of Lin Xiao Li (Me) and Jenos Hazard (her) since a shirt is the last piece of Lin's outfit I need.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #50096
LeekFish
Clow Reader

An Intro to Memes 2.0 has been confirmed for Fanime, awww yeah!

Also, Miku is now at approximately 2,700 rhinestones. I ran out of black ones again though, so I had to order another couple of packs and have them sent to my house so I can work on that over Spring Break. Now I have to decide how I want to make the "lights" on her skirt with the rhinestones; do I want to go with all gold like in the Project Diva model? Or red and gold like in another MMD model? I'm leaning towards gold since it seems pretty standard.

And today I'm going to Michael's to get some stuff to repair my Sakura staff! Yay!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #50097
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I kind of want to perform a skit in masquerade at Anime Expo now.
This is what happens when I'm on a Princess Tutu high at the same time as iDOLM@STER.
Ooh, maybe I'll make an iDOLM@STER costume as my fourth costume! That way my toes don't have to die for more than two days....

But I would hate to just...randomly dance. I need a story, and I need a way to nicely record audio. That's not that big of a problem, though, but a story....
Well, needless to say, I'm watching Princess Tutu while making my graphic organizer for anatomy tonight.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #50098
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Why does the waiting time for wigs/other cosplay stuff feel like forever? I want my wigs nooooooow.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #50099
smoreface

Currently trying to fix a curly wig of mine so that I can sell it. I've never dealt with trying to re-curl a wig before, if it goes successfully I'll put it in the market place. If It's become a shitty nappy mess of a mess then I'll just let it gather dust in my closet or just flat iron it all out. I've gotten the extension pony tail untangled but now the main faire needs to be fixed as well.
What blows my fucking mind? I let my friend wear it for only...3 hours at a convention. He returned it in the piece of shit stage it's in now. All of my rage. How could you do so much damage in three ever lovin' hours? What were you even doing?
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #50100
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Finally figured out why my first lapel turned out kinda wonky. I might redo it after making the hat just to see if I can get it closer to my second one in terms of flatness and whatnot. In the meantime, one more edge to slipstitch and both will be ready to go on the dress itself tomorrow. Then it's onto the "bustle button" and the hat and the tacking of the stars and this thing will be ready!