Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1143 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #50131
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ehhhh, I more got the idea after looking at a bunch of fanart. And then thinking "Hmmm,I could TOTALLY do a design, and I bet this wig would work already, and oooh, they make clip-in fiber optic lights for your hair that sparkle?".....
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #50132
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Rose's shoes are painted! Now to sew on the cape and iron on the symbol. I'm so close!
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #50133
riotousrhythm

I'm fretting realizing I wasted a whole day away doing nothing but the interwebs. I have to figure out if I need new fabric for Wicked Lady or not because the anime is black with a red sheer to it but the manga is that deep Magenta/maroon color which is what I have. Stupid inconsistencies.
Also have to figured out how to make a scythe handle semi curved for Dead Master and Still have yet to get my materials for it since my friend I ws supposed to go with hours ago has yet to arrive. Goody.
riotousrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #50134
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I'm working on selling a bunch of stuff...Old manga and DVDs, and my My Little Pony collection, so I can have extra cash for this year since my job sucks and hasn't given me hours since January. I don't know if this cycle of crap at my job will continue, so I'm doing what i can now. Damn cosplay, u expensive.

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #50135
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Bother. I think I'm going to have to figure out the bra portion of Mjrn's dress again. It's just too bulky the way it is now... I think I'm going to have to take out the facing and ruffles, cut down the chest area, and start again.
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #50136
alisia lycide

I-CON is in 2 weeks. For the last month I've been asking my roommate to help me make my shoes for my costume. I'm dumb, I can't seem to do it myself. >__> Every time I ask her, she says sure. I just asked her like 10 minutes ago, she told me alright then a few minutes passed and she was like, "Well... Are you working tomorrow? We can do it tomorrow."

Don't promise me you'll help me if you don't intend too. Just freaking tell me you don't want to help.
alisia lycide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #50137
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Alrighty, arranged with the seller to return the first batch of rhinestones I bought with slower shipping so I can rush ship this batch instead. Yay! Better yet, I can return ship them for free. Double yay! Now if only rush shipping the damn things wasn't $20. Ah well, at least I'll have them in time I guess... xD;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #50138
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Hat base is done! Can't do any more until I get some bias tape and felt, but it's looking promising so far. I'm just dreading messing with that sequin fabric again
Unread 03-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #50139
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I started playing Tales of Graces and I LOVE it so far. *stares at Cheria and Pascal* Hmmm.... I guess I could pull off one of them at some point. But which one!? I should probably wait until I get to the part where Pascal appears before I decide.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #50140
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Took a shower after work and felt like I had the energy to do something cosplay-related instead of hanging out in bed for the rest of the night. Like redye my fabric maybe!

Fiance made duck soup for dinner, and it was amazing. <3

And then I realized that I can't use the big cooking pot to boil water in for the dye bath because it is full of soup.

Redying will commence when all the soup is gone. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #50141
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

L.O.L. Y'know. You've got to love this hobby. I'm going through the thread and despite the fact we all have those moments lamenting failures and bad moments - without fail someone appears to cheer you on.

There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3

In other thoughts, instead of cutting out strips to introduce to my gathering foot I spend the last hour looking for patterns for Red Riding Hood, from OuaT. A costume I have no intention doing....at all....before Hallowe'en. Unless I win the Lotto tomorrow. Then I can quit my day job and live at Fabricland. Anyway, decided what cloak pattern and vest/bodice pattern would likely be best. Next; skirt and peasant blouse. Unless I can buy one cheaper. That might work....

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #50142
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Can I use your second paragraph as a signature?
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #50143
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Can I use your second paragraph as a signature?
^_^ Sure.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #50144
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yay! Thanks.
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #50145
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Now that Lin Xiao Li is almost done, time to work on Lucille, Rufus, Isaak, and Peta from MAR.

I hope my family can go to NYCC for vacation this year so I can wear Lin out. ^_^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote