Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1108 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #50311
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

This wing design is not exactly screwed to where it's just not usable in the way I want it. Now to recreate the lowest section of the upper arm pitching the angle higher by about 7-9 degrees...

I could also augment the lower arm and lose about a foot in length...

So stubborn.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #50312
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Working on my friends Sephiroth wig... well detangeling it...or something... I think I might just need to cut it shorter the ends are a bit shot.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #50313
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Yeah, I've been looking at the schedule and gosh I'm going to be busy. xD I like the idea of making a detailed list; usually I just highlight/circle stuff in the schedule, but that seems much more organized.

Oh my, that does sound entertaining. xD I'm considering changing out of cosplay and participating, but I guess it depends on how I feel about it that day, since it would be kind of a hassle. I'd probably join the Miniskirt Army, as I'm... not really a fan of Vic Mignogna. LOL; Travis Willingham is pretty chill, though.

And thanks! I covered the spot with packaging tape and then recovered it with paper clay, and it seems to be holding a lot better this time. xD; Now I just have to wait for it to dry so I can sand and paint it.
It's really easy to miss events by just looking at the schedule since a single day spans 4 pages. Especially if they run back to back or have only a small amount of time between them. Also, I hate carrying anything as big as the pocket schedule at the con. Carrying a single piece of paper with all the event info is much easier. I just fold up the paper and stick it behind my badge in the little plastic holder for easy access. xD

Miniskirt Army has a cooler name, which is why we ended up siding with them. xD; Sounds better in a chant, anyway.

I usually end up using copious amounts of glue to hold things together. Certain bits of Haunted are held on by sculpted and smoothed mounds of Liquid Nails. They're definitely on there.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #50314
Kayami NeinTo
Cosplay Wife

I am losing my mind. I already had cosplays set up that I wanted to work on. And then I found this anime that has everything that I love. A hint of boy love, a demented sociopath in love with a boy. Either way I go, I gots me a couple cosplay which is TOO tempting to pass up. And there's blood. SO. MUCH. BLOOD. It make me drool. I want to cosplay this for all the reasons. And it's driving me crazy because next year's focus was supposed to be experimenting and working on more elaborate things. Not getting carried away with acting and making out with blood in my mouth.

Kawaii Kon 2014:
Rozalin from Disgaea 2
Aria from The Sacred Blacksmith
Minami Shimida from Baka & Test
Kayami NeinTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #50315
Beanypop
Hogwarts Enthusiast

It's 3:40 AM and I'm working on a cosplay instead of sleeping, or doing the assignment that's due in the morning. I couldn't be happier.
harvest goddess harvest moon (wedding dress)
Beanypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #50316
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Woah, been a while. I've just been buying bits and pieces though to go with my commissioned pieces for Kitacon, so nothing too interesting as per usual :B
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #50317
Curucar

PEOPLE. Why can't we all just love (or even tolerate) each other? AnomalyCon starts tomorrow and there's two steampunk faccions at each other's throats. I'm seriously worried that we're going to have to call the cops on somebody in the next three days.
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #50318
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

First pair of cosplay lenses came in the mail yesterday! I bought a pair on clearance from Alice & Rabbit's Shop in the Phillippines. http://distilleryimage10.instagram.c...381b65e3_7.jpg

going to pick up some lens cleaner and eye drops this weekend, and then I get to test them out. If all goes well, then I can wear them for three different cosplay projects this year, and then set to ordering a bright blue pair~
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #50319
XxOtakuChiceexX
Dat Hipster

Maka wig, where are youuuu? Dx I need you for the end of the month
Dead Master - Black Rock Shooter OVA (?)
XxOtakuChiceexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #50320
SA2R
King of the Skies

I bought an Elliot March cosplay a year and a half ago, and just sold it last week. Only to find out just now, that a group was looking to have me as that character D8! Oh the irony ;n;

Anywayz~ Also looking to start the long process of making Twilight Princess Link. I think I will start with the gloves, or hat :3

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #50321
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

For some reason I have the urge to cosplay my OC for Fright Night :/ Go figure.
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #50322
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Somebody tell me to get my butt off the computer and get to work. X_X
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #50323
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Modules. Modules. Modules.

I have to work on one key module: Profile mode and install the locking mechanisms to allow my wings to enter static mode.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #50324
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
It's really easy to miss events by just looking at the schedule since a single day spans 4 pages. Especially if they run back to back or have only a small amount of time between them. Also, I hate carrying anything as big as the pocket schedule at the con. Carrying a single piece of paper with all the event info is much easier. I just fold up the paper and stick it behind my badge in the little plastic holder for easy access. xD

Miniskirt Army has a cooler name, which is why we ended up siding with them. xD; Sounds better in a chant, anyway.

I usually end up using copious amounts of glue to hold things together. Certain bits of Haunted are held on by sculpted and smoothed mounds of Liquid Nails. They're definitely on there.
Yeah, I've had a similar issue with Fanime's schedule before too. I would keep forgetting/missing stuff. xD; I'll have to make a more organized list this week.

Nice. xD I love using super glue, except I always seem to get myself stuck to something which is rather unpleasant. >3>; Speaking of glue, I hope they let me take my rhinestone glue on the plane. It should be under three ounces, but I'll have to take a look before I pack it.

Gosh, I hate shipping right now. My Pinkie Pie wig only just shipped, which of course means it'll arrive while I'm not here next week. >:I On top of that, my leek still hasn't arrived, so I'll probably have to put rhinestones on my old leek just as a precaution in case the new one doesn't arrive in time. And for some reason, my Black Rock Shooter hoodie looks like it got sent in the opposite direction of where it needs to go, because according to tracking it's gone from San Francisco to Richmond, which is totally not on the way to Pleasanton. Bah.

But on the bright side, my panel's coming together rather nicely! I have a few surprises packed in for everyone. xD It's going to be so much fun, and 20% cooler than when I held it at last year's Fanime.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #50325
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

HA! I knew I had some scrap blue lining in that shed (which is now overrun by ants @__@)! now to see if I can find some invisible thread and this hat will be done by the weekend!