Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #50311
SA2R
King of the Skies

I bought an Elliot March cosplay a year and a half ago, and just sold it last week. Only to find out just now, that a group was looking to have me as that character D8! Oh the irony ;n;

Anywayz~ Also looking to start the long process of making Twilight Princess Link. I think I will start with the gloves, or hat :3

Naraku - Inu-yasha
Diamond - Sakizou
Ketchawacha armor - Monster Hunter 4
Casual Hiro - Big Hero 6

My user name is pronounced: Sa-tu-our.

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #50312
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

For some reason I have the urge to cosplay my OC for Fright Night :/ Go figure.
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #50313
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Somebody tell me to get my butt off the computer and get to work. X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #50314
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Modules. Modules. Modules.

I have to work on one key module: Profile mode and install the locking mechanisms to allow my wings to enter static mode.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #50315
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
It's really easy to miss events by just looking at the schedule since a single day spans 4 pages. Especially if they run back to back or have only a small amount of time between them. Also, I hate carrying anything as big as the pocket schedule at the con. Carrying a single piece of paper with all the event info is much easier. I just fold up the paper and stick it behind my badge in the little plastic holder for easy access. xD

Miniskirt Army has a cooler name, which is why we ended up siding with them. xD; Sounds better in a chant, anyway.

I usually end up using copious amounts of glue to hold things together. Certain bits of Haunted are held on by sculpted and smoothed mounds of Liquid Nails. They're definitely on there.
Yeah, I've had a similar issue with Fanime's schedule before too. I would keep forgetting/missing stuff. xD; I'll have to make a more organized list this week.

Nice. xD I love using super glue, except I always seem to get myself stuck to something which is rather unpleasant. >3>; Speaking of glue, I hope they let me take my rhinestone glue on the plane. It should be under three ounces, but I'll have to take a look before I pack it.

Gosh, I hate shipping right now. My Pinkie Pie wig only just shipped, which of course means it'll arrive while I'm not here next week. >:I On top of that, my leek still hasn't arrived, so I'll probably have to put rhinestones on my old leek just as a precaution in case the new one doesn't arrive in time. And for some reason, my Black Rock Shooter hoodie looks like it got sent in the opposite direction of where it needs to go, because according to tracking it's gone from San Francisco to Richmond, which is totally not on the way to Pleasanton. Bah.

But on the bright side, my panel's coming together rather nicely! I have a few surprises packed in for everyone. xD It's going to be so much fun, and 20% cooler than when I held it at last year's Fanime.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #50316
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

HA! I knew I had some scrap blue lining in that shed (which is now overrun by ants @__@)! now to see if I can find some invisible thread and this hat will be done by the weekend!
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #50317
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Guess who just ran the hell out of her craft thread for the drawstrings because she was too stupid to remember to double its length, and snipped off a bunch of now-unusable pieces?
FUCK. Now I have to make mine in a different colour, unless I get lucky enough to dig up another skein in black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #50318
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Going home today which means it's time to gather the supplies together to make my friend's Gatomon stuff and then fix the tarot cards and my evoker belt if I don't feel lazy. Oh and Saihate Gumi photoshoot this weekend!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #50319
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Spray painted those findings copper, now I can add the deeper hue for more definition.

Also: working with a 4 metre long ruffle is...interesting. Even with using a gathering food it's still very shifty.

Also: fabric land is having a 50% off sale. A weekend after I had to buy more thread and trim. Of which I still need more trimming most likely. I gave up on budgeting this a long time ago......

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #50320
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Recustomizing my fangs, and debating whether to do the Saber set tonight, too. Dammit! I really wanna cosplay this chick now! -headdesk-
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #50321
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Just found out my Lin Xiao Li wig is on backorder. Sadface.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #50322
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Panel's pretty much ready! Now to sand down the paper clay on my Clow staff. I'll wait until I return from break to paint it.

Also, I hate airport security. I'm going to have to leave my rhinestone glue here because it's a 4 ounce container and not 3, so it would get confiscated. Now I'll have to buy more so I can finish my Miku skirt while I'm home. Boo.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #50323
Aminafo
Do the windy thing!

Oh dammit. The headband I painted for Rose makes bubbles in the fabric whenever I stretch it to go on my head. At least it'll be under a hood, but still. >:C
No Face/Spirited Away - 50%
Dolorosa/Homestuck - 20%
Aminafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #50324
AriannaSterling
Writerly Nerd

Turns out I get to sit in on the craftsmanship judging at Colossalcon to see if any of the competitors are interested in joining Cosplay Testimonial. I think it's a pity my link thread to CT I posted here got deleted, but it did attract some people while it still existed, so that's a plus.
AriannaSterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #50325
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

On the upside though, my dad said I can take one of my costumes with us on spring break and he'll do a photoshoot with me in Central park ^^

I just gotta decide which one though. I was hoping for Lin Xiao Li but clearly that's not going to happen. I'm thinking either Charden, Kaito, or White Owl. Or Wilhelm. Or Break. Or Labrador.

Gah I'm so Indecisive.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,

Last edited by Quinn the Shiki : 03-22-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote