Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #50461
Curucar

AWESOME. I spent a chunk of AnomalyCon sitting next to a cop because our venue didn't let us know how freaky their weapons policy was. And as a result, we received an official warning from the cop's boss. Nothing like turning away half the con's weapons because they look real from a distance (like, if a nerf gun was holstered and the handle was BROWN we had to deny people...)

Unread 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #50462
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Just spent $115 on Princess Tutu things. Not even done yet, I still need to get two pairs of pointe shoes.

Did I mention that my Princess Tutu wig came in? No? Yes? Oh well. I'm mentioning it again.
I got bored so I literally pinned feathers on and got that random tiara and pinned that on too.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #50463
iXeres
Travelling Boobward.

GOT ONE CONTACT IN.

... But it was in backwards. GOD DAMNIT.

Accurate cosplay sure is difficult.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #50464
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Huh, just had to draft out a design for this jacket without a clear screenshot and I think I both got the design right and the size right for my jacket in one go. When did I get this good at drafting....
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #50465
Write Knight
Addicted to BIG Costumes

Need to get off my butt and check Fury for damage and blemishes, and fix them -.- Anime Boston is a little over a week away... If I don't get to it soon, it won't get done at all.

I need to fill in any cracks between the armor from the construction.
I need to either gently wipe away, or paint over any scuffs and dirt marks.
Patch over any creases
Repaint anywhere that got scraped bare to the foam (Fury thruster pack and blades mostly)
Finish mending the fury pack's thrusters.
Unread 03-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #50466
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Bah, it's supposed to rain for the convention this weekend. It's still early, so I'm hoping the storm passes sooner, or else I'm gonna be soggy.

Also, my plans to style Kurogane's wig today went like this:
1) Put wig on wig head
2) Pull up pics of other Kurogane cosplayers
3) Pull up reference pics from manga
4) Spend an hour rereading Tsubasa and get nothing done
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #50467
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Also, my plans to style Kurogane's wig today went like this:
1) Put wig on wig head
2) Pull up pics of other Kurogane cosplayers
3) Pull up reference pics from manga
4) Spend an hour rereading Tsubasa and get nothing done
I know that feeling. I was Watching Black Cat the other day to try to get some pictures of Jenos' Gloves, since I'm making them for my friend...I wound up watching my favorite scene in the episode at least 4 times and not being as productive as I could have.

Black Cat is one of those series that just sucks you in, I swear.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #50468
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I know that feeling. I was Watching Black Cat the other day to try to get some pictures of Jenos' Gloves, since I'm making them for my friend...I wound up watching my favorite scene in the episode at least 4 times and not being as productive as I could have.

Black Cat is one of those series that just sucks you in, I swear.
It is! I'm almost afraid to rewatch it for that very reason.

As for getting anything done today, it's pretty much a wash. I've poured myself a glass of wine and intend to read all the manga.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I shall be productive.

Maybe.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #50469
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
It is! I'm almost afraid to rewatch it for that very reason.
My Jenos friend and I are going to re-watch it together when we make her gloves this weekend to try and keep each other focused...

which will more than likely lead to both of us Fangirling over Jenos and Charden and every other awesome character in that series and not getting anything done.

If progress does happen, there will be pictures.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #50470
riotousrhythm

I ordered my Luka and Gumi wigs today! I can't wait to start on everything, I have 2 months to try and finish 4 cosplays. Luckily 3 of them really only require clothes, and one requires a crazy big prop that I'm attempting to make.
riotousrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #50471
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post

Aaaand Miku's almost done!! I just have to finish the belt... thing, which I can't do until I get back to campus on Sunday since I left my hotfix rhinestone applicator there, and my new leek, which I don't have yet. Current rhinestone estimate is roughly 4,250. And in the meantime, here's a photo of the completed skirt; came out much nicer than I had expected, so I'm pretty happy!

My girlfriend and I also had to speed through putting rhinestones onto her Pimp Kaito; I certainly hope she regrets not listening to me when I warned her for months to stop procrastinating (never want to go through THAT again!), since that was quite the nightmare to get done so quickly. xD;

Gosh, after all of this I never want to see another damn rhinestone for the rest of my life. LOL
That skirt looks great. I can't wait to see both of you in your rhinestone-y selves. It will look awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Just spent $115 on Princess Tutu things. Not even done yet, I still need to get two pairs of pointe shoes.

Did I mention that my Princess Tutu wig came in? No? Yes? Oh well. I'm mentioning it again.
I got bored so I literally pinned feathers on and got that random tiara and pinned that on too.
That tiara is pretty and I love the color of the wig. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #50472
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I'm working on my coat...all I need to finish for the basic coat is the sleeve and the hem....There is something I'd like to say to my coat...I HATE YOU SLEEVE! T_T WHY? Why you do this to me!?! T_T After seam ripping the sleeve and sewing it again. I'll start on the other parts like the arm band thing and the belt...I should also finish Cloud's top but thats of less importance then this damn sleeve T_T

On a less important note, my mom is completely sure I'm insane since I've been cursing the sleeve the entire time I was cooking and eating dinner.....
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #50473
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

So, after buying new ribbon, because I couldn't find the one i bought before, then promptly finding the old ribbon like I knew I would - because that always happens... I started working on pinning the ribbon to the sleeves of Zelda's dress. Everything is pinned and lovely... then I go to put it on the machine and... it doesn't fit. The circumference of the sleeve is too small.

... Well, over an hour later, I managed to get 1 of 5 sleeve ribbons on Sleeve 1 done. Yup... And to think that this is how it was done all the time before sewing machines. Sonata, I'll never take you for granted again. D: But until then... Lots of hand sewing to be done. TwT
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #50474
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That skirt looks great. I can't wait to see both of you in your rhinestone-y selves. It will look awesome.
Thank you! :'D

Going up to Tahoe for some snowboarding! Thankfully the place we're staying has internet, so during my downtime in the evenings I'll be able to finish up my panel and get in contact with a couple of photographers I'll be shooting with at Sakura Con. Gosh, just 9 days to go!

Might also work on some potential art prints to sell at Bronycon, too. I might be able to go after all, though it's still pretty up in the air. Certainly hoping, though! I'm not sure about whether or not I can still get an Artist Alley table, though. Deadline's this weekend, and I don't have much pony art to submit with my application. :c

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #50475
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So my sister has an orange shirt that she's willing to give up so I can use it for Mozaik Role Gumi! ^_^ Is it sad or awesome that my 13 year old sister is the same size as me? XD

And after this midterm today I will be able to start sewing Gatomon tonight! I at least want to get the ears done although with how slow I hand sew we'll have to see about that.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote