Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #50686
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenLover View Post
My boots shipped!!! I'm so giddy!! You guys are the only ones who understand. I told my RL friend about my boots being shipped and she gave me a 'so? What?' look lol
Yay for boots being shipped!!!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #50687
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
Yay for boots being shipped!!!
When they get here I'll take pics They were a bit more pricey than I was hoping for but definitely worth it

I also finally picked up more yellow thread

2014 Convention List:
Indy Pop Con * May 30-June 1
Gen Con * August 14-17
Star Base Indy * November 28-30
GenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #50688
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

One lapel is done and it looks so much better than my first attempts. Now to make the other one (and remember to extend the neck just a tad) and add the button and ribbon at the back. If only I could find that horsehair braid I could have the hat 100% done, too. Blagh.
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #50689
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Honestly, this body salt thing from Sabon is amazing. It makes my skin so soft. *_*. This would be the perfect thing to use before cons for the more delicate characters heck, I could just use it in general before cons. It gives a nice scent and makes my skin soft. I wish I wasn't sharing it with my friends though. I don't know if there will be enough leftover by the time AnimeNorth and AnimeNext happen.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #50690
Curucar

I <3 StarFest. The AnomalyCon peoples are getting comped weekend passes to run a steampunk room at the con. Which means brushing up my steampunk panels, but we only have 7-8 hours' worth of panels for the weekend. And they're totally OK with it. Which means sitting around drinking tea and cosplaying all weekend.
Unread 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #50691
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenLover View Post
My boots shipped!!! I'm so giddy!! You guys are the only ones who understand. I told my RL friend about my boots being shipped and she gave me a 'so? What?' look lol
As a woman who enjoys boots regardless of function, I say to you: awwwwww yeah! May they come swiftly and provide unforeseen comfort to your toesies.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #50692
GenLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
As a woman who enjoys boots regardless of function, I say to you: awwwwww yeah! May they come swiftly and provide unforeseen comfort to your toesies.
Thank you so much! I'm totally going to break them in by wearing them with some other outfits I love boots

2014 Convention List:
Indy Pop Con * May 30-June 1
Gen Con * August 14-17
Star Base Indy * November 28-30
GenLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #50693
doxiequeen1

erfegfkg finally finished up my TWGOK's uniform and wrote a blog post about it.

-feels proud-
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #50694
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Just started measuring out the white fabric for my Starry Sky skirt.

First thing I did: rammed finger into a pin and started bleeding.

.-.

Clearly this is going well.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #50695
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

Hopefully I can get a lot done for Anime North this coming Easter weekend!

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #50696
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I really really want to take advantage of the Cosplay.com 20% off sale on long wigs right now, but with all hassle nearly every person who has ordered from them lately has gone through, I think I'll just skip it.

I also hope my backordered wigs from Arda will come soon. ~ I can't wait to see how they fit and what they feel like!

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #50697
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

I just had someone on facebook tell me that my Zombie Aerith costume isn't cosplay because of its lack of accuracy and (I can only assume from their poor english) immaturity. Regardless of the fact that it is an original take on an existing character and relating circumstance, that it lacks all necessary elements to being true cosplay and is child's play.

While he and I got into a pretty heated argument through facebook messages and I got really angry... I am still stupidly hurt. I feel like crawling into a ball and crying! I get that not everyone shares my opinion or thinks my decisions are genius... but to be so rude? Cosplay is one of my creative outlets and I take a lot of pride and joy into my work

=(

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #50698
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLove View Post
I just had someone on facebook tell me that my Zombie Aerith costume isn't cosplay because of its lack of accuracy and (I can only assume from their poor english) immaturity. Regardless of the fact that it is an original take on an existing character and relating circumstance, that it lacks all necessary elements to being true cosplay and is child's play.

While he and I got into a pretty heated argument through facebook messages and I got really angry... I am still stupidly hurt. I feel like crawling into a ball and crying! I get that not everyone shares my opinion or thinks my decisions are genius... but to be so rude? Cosplay is one of my creative outlets and I take a lot of pride and joy into my work

=(
Wow what a jelous ass you have there. Conventions would be no fun at all if every costume was the same. Tsch. Don't feel bad, you can make any version of Aerith you want; be even more cool if you got some more cosplayers to join you. XD
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #50699
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

@Psycho: How rude! A prime example of a cosplay snot who takes the hobby way too seriously. Don't let his words get to you; there's nothing wrong with what you did! People make original costumes like that all the time. I don't know what his problem is.

--

I plan to take advantage of my fairly schedule-free weekend (gasp) to get some more work done. My goal is to finish my shoe bases, and/or if I'm feeling brave enough, I might start on round 2 of making my torso armor. /cringes I still haven't quite nailed down a plan for that yet though...
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #50700
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiequeen1 View Post
erfegfkg finally finished up my TWGOK's uniform and wrote a blog post about it.

-feels proud-
It looks great! Much better than my first cosplay from scratch. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLove View Post

=(
Wow. What a jerk. Obviously this person is stupid and is one of those people that believe only the canon stuff is cosplay and that's dumb. Cosplay is about creativity too. Don't listen to a word that idiot says. Your zombie Aerith is awesome!

Finally going home for spring break today which means I can finally start working on cosplay. ^_^.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote