Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #50911
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Cut my wig. Rather lazily, but none of the bottom shows...but I should still fix the fact that the one side is a little longer than the other.....XDDD

Gonna get working on Princess Tutu's pendant now. Glue and stuff. And gold stuff. And resin...haven't worked with that in a while.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #50912
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Two things I'm insanely Proud of and Wanted to show off:

First, I finished my Superbi Squalo Sword from Hitman Reborn since I'm cosplaying Squalo at a party next weekend. (If there's any Trinity Blood fans out there, yes, my shirt in that picture says "Team Dietrich Von Lohengrin")

And two: After two days of intense combing and pulling out a ball of knots roughly the size of my fist my long blonde wig has been brought back from the dead, going from a snarly mess to this. It hasn't been this soft since I wore it to AUSA.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #50913
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

arghsdghdfhg....

My attempt at fancy stitching did not go well. Started fine, and then the lace shifted, things were stitched to things they shouldn't and I had to rip out a foot of extreme tight interlocking stitches as well as the basting, undoing what I had just finished today. Not to mention there was a clump of thread so badly tangled in the lace, it's impossible to get out.

So I stormed down to the basement, grabbed the black paint and proceeded to paint the clump. So be it, you piece of garbage. *fumes*

Going to use a less fancy stitch next time.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #50914
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Really? ono Would I use that as an applicator thing, or would I be able to attach the rhinestones to it and then put it on my arm using body glue? The issue I see with the tray route would be that I could totally see all of the rhinestones falling out when I attempt to place it onto my arm. xD;

Tsubasa Sakura is now state-side! US Customs, let go of my costume so I can try it on, please. :I
It would basically be able to make the tray for the rhinestones to sit. I feel like if you drilled holes of the correct size in the bottom of each dimple, you could then get each rhinestone to sit there by using some weak tape like Scotch Tape. And then you could apply it to your arm, and then by pulling the tape off the back the tray would hold the rhinestones to your arm and afterwards you could lower the tray.

In my head this works fantastically, but in real life practice, maybe not. xD;

Pictures of your new cosplay when it comes in? o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #50915
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

Daydreaming about going to cons and making a Jolteon gijinka...
; - ;

I wanna cosplay D':
H'o well.
zeldawulffie205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #50916
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

This embroidery is coming along better than expected. I should have it done by tomorrow if I keep with up with my pace of 2 hours per day on it. Something bad is going to happen. I know it. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #50917
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

I stopped by a Pep Boys to pick up some vinyl/fabric spray paint to test it out and see how it looks and applies. I did some test sprays on different materials to see how they work. Hoping they will look how I want and be really nice and crease-free when I bend them around! I think the red might actually even be close enough to the shade of red I was aiming for, so that's convenient. I won't know for sure though until after I see it in daylight, and I'll probably need to apply more coats. REALLY hoping this works out though because I didn't want to have to paint with a brush and have to deal with brush strokes showing up.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #50918
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So so so you guys, I can't remember if Tsukiko from Starry Sky has a book bag or not. All the guys have their own backpacks, but Tsukiko is the only girl and I can't remember if she has anything or not. She is usually not the one I'm paying attention to anyway.

I don't know if I want to actually try and make another school bag in the same style as the Fairy Tail one I did, or if I just want to buy a suitable bag in a different style.

It's just me wandering around in the uniform, anyway. D:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #50919
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
So so so you guys, I can't remember if Tsukiko from Starry Sky has a book bag or not. All the guys have their own backpacks, but Tsukiko is the only girl and I can't remember if she has anything or not. She is usually not the one I'm paying attention to anyway.
I think she does. If I am remembering correctly she has the typical school bag.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #50920
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I think she does. If I am remembering correctly she has the typical school bag.
Like this style?

Maybe I should speed watch Starry Sky tonight and see if I can spot it...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #50921
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
It would basically be able to make the tray for the rhinestones to sit. I feel like if you drilled holes of the correct size in the bottom of each dimple, you could then get each rhinestone to sit there by using some weak tape like Scotch Tape. And then you could apply it to your arm, and then by pulling the tape off the back the tray would hold the rhinestones to your arm and afterwards you could lower the tray.

In my head this works fantastically, but in real life practice, maybe not. xD;

Pictures of your new cosplay when it comes in? o:
Sounds interesting. I suppose there's also if I were to use tape and arrange them in advance, keep it in a small box or something, apply glue to the back when I want to put them on, and peel off the tape. Basically the same thing without the Wonderflex because I'm cheap. xD

And maybe! I'm wearing it right now to try it on (it arrived today and I flipped out xD), but the lighting in my dorm isn't really great right now so it'd be hard to take a decent photo. Perhaps if I have time this weekend or something. xD; Goodness, it's so jingle-y with all these bells. And I really hope I don't trip and kill myself in this thing because this dress is LONG. xDD; Next I need to figure out what shoes I'm wearing with this (even though most of the time nobody will be able to see my feet anyway but OH WELL), then work out props. I need to get a white Mokona and make the ball/orb with her memory feather inside it like the one she holds in the artwork the dress is from. =3=

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #50922
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Haha...I forgot about Coscom after Sakura Con. Whoops. *sweatdrop* I was busy catching up with school work and stuff. Sakura Con was awesome though. I'm glad to have meet some of you guys there!~

But anyways, I gotta start preparing for HEXXP and the WCS prelim there. Then I have a lot coming up for Kawaii Kon to, like cosplaying from Hakuoki... >< I bought the game at Sakura Con. I have no regrets. lol
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #50923
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Sounds interesting. I suppose there's also if I were to use tape and arrange them in advance, keep it in a small box or something, apply glue to the back when I want to put them on, and peel off the tape. Basically the same thing without the Wonderflex because I'm cheap. xD

And maybe! I'm wearing it right now to try it on (it arrived today and I flipped out xD), but the lighting in my dorm isn't really great right now so it'd be hard to take a decent photo. Perhaps if I have time this weekend or something. xD; Goodness, it's so jingle-y with all these bells. And I really hope I don't trip and kill myself in this thing because this dress is LONG. xDD; Next I need to figure out what shoes I'm wearing with this (even though most of the time nobody will be able to see my feet anyway but OH WELL), then work out props. I need to get a white Mokona and make the ball/orb with her memory feather inside it like the one she holds in the artwork the dress is from. =3=
I was thinking about eliminating the use for the WF, but I wasn't sure how well the tape would come off the rhinestones/if the glue was strong enough for you to peel off the tape and not peel off the rhinestones too. Anyway. Lots to experiment with!

Can't wait to see what it looks like~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Haha...I forgot about Coscom after Sakura Con. Whoops. *sweatdrop* I was busy catching up with school work and stuff. Sakura Con was awesome though. I'm glad to have meet some of you guys there!~
I can't keep myself off of Coscom; I was on every night during the con. xD;

It was really great that you recognized me and same to say Hi. : D Glad to have met you!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #50924
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

I'm always scared to do obscure cosplays...because people are gonna be so confused xD
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #50925
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
I can't keep myself off of Coscom; I was on every night during the con. xD;

It was really great that you recognized me and same to say Hi. : D Glad to have met you!
Haha, I would have been to but my friends and I ran into a problem of not bringing a laptop with us to Seattle... (My friend was going to but got a last minute virus and failed to tell one of the others in the group to bring theirs....) But er I dragged myself to the lobby to check coscom I think only on Friday?

Haha, well the purple guitar helped. XD lol I was like that had to be you...no one else would be carrying that thing lo...l I was worried with the others I thought I recognized from coscom but I wasn't completely sure so I didn't want to go up to them and ask and be totally wrong. >.>
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote