Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 938 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #50926
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Getting nothing done~

LOL
I'm terrible with model magic...just tried to make Princess Tutu's crown because I had it open from making the molds for her pendant........yeah.
But I'm gonna cast her pendant (or the base at least) soon.

I never got to those bodices...I should, though. And finish playing with panty patterns.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #50927
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I tried to do a full on dress rehearsal with my wings and discovered I didn't have enough room to fully open them... yikes...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #50928
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Haha, I would have been to but my friends and I ran into a problem of not bringing a laptop with us to Seattle... (My friend was going to but got a last minute virus and failed to tell one of the others in the group to bring theirs....) But er I dragged myself to the lobby to check coscom I think only on Friday?

Haha, well the purple guitar helped. XD lol I was like that had to be you...no one else would be carrying that thing lo...l I was worried with the others I thought I recognized from coscom but I wasn't completely sure so I didn't want to go up to them and ask and be totally wrong. >.>
Booo... D: I'm not sure how I manage to live without my laptop on necessary occasions. I'm kind of addicted.

And yeah, Haunted is pretty distinctive. There is pretty much only one in existence. : D Pretty soon it will be working and I will be making noise everywhere I go.

I did the same thing with one of the girls in the cosplay group I'm in. Haven't ever met her in person, and didn't want to just be like "Hi, are you this person I've only spoken to twice before?" out of the blue. (I saw her posting pictures of herself after the con, though, and it was totally her. Oh well.)
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #50929
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Booo... D: I'm not sure how I manage to live without my laptop on necessary occasions. I'm kind of addicted.

And yeah, Haunted is pretty distinctive. There is pretty much only one in existence. : D Pretty soon it will be working and I will be making noise everywhere I go.

I did the same thing with one of the girls in the cosplay group I'm in. Haven't ever met her in person, and didn't want to just be like "Hi, are you this person I've only spoken to twice before?" out of the blue. (I saw her posting pictures of herself after the con, though, and it was totally her. Oh well.)
It was hard to go with out but er we did it? Kinda lol My friend hogged the hotel computer one night to watch Tiger and Bunny lol

Ah~ wish I could see it when its working but no way can I make it back to the mainland for a few years...maybe for the 20th Sakura Con? T_T University is expensive.

Oh... well I'm glad I'm not the only one who was like that. ><; But maybe I should have introduced myself since I won't be back there for years *sweatdrop*

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #50930
Emi
want some pins with that?

Oh gosh, the con starts tomorrow and I still have to style my wig and connect John's hood and collar. And I've barely packed anything! Chemistry research, stop taking over my life!

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #50931
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
I was thinking about eliminating the use for the WF, but I wasn't sure how well the tape would come off the rhinestones/if the glue was strong enough for you to peel off the tape and not peel off the rhinestones too. Anyway. Lots to experiment with!

Can't wait to see what it looks like~
If the tape is weak enough, it might be okay, especially if I let the body glue dry before peeling off the tape. Any rhinestones that fall off or something could easily be put back into place, though. xD I'll have to try and figure something out within the next month.

Thanks! :'D I'll try and post photos soon, but I'll definitely be taking some at Fanime. Speaking of, I should get back in touch with the photographer I met at AX, since she wanted to shoot with me again. c':

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #50932
OldestAngel

Cleaned my apartment after working on my costumes the last couple of months.

My roommate and I are both creeped out and amazed by how different it is at the moment.

I also have a jetpack sitting in my room... not sure what I should do with it. I don't want to throw it away, but I want to remake Sky High's jetpack so it's smaller, and I can't really cut the one I have down... and it's just eating up space. But I love my jetpack.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #50933
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

My Once-ler wig arrived! I uploaded some test photos (which are up here too now) to Tumblr and dA and got overwhelmingly amazing responses, I'm soooo super excited to finish this cosplay now!! I might even have to cosplay greedy!Once-ler aswell now.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #50934
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldestAngel View Post
Cleaned my apartment after working on my costumes the last couple of months.

My roommate and I are both creeped out and amazed by how different it is at the moment.
That's my goal this weekend. My sewing and bed rooms were totally trashed during the final prep week for Sakura-Con. "otz

--

Been browsing through Sakura-Con pics and found, like, five shots of all the times I was stopped during the weekend. I wasn't at the con for a majority of the time, so I didn't expect to even find that much, lol.

But then my photographer starts emailing me pics from our sessions, and I'm a very happy camper~
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #50935
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

This weekend is going to be wonderful! We have nothing! No one's coming down. We're not going anywhere. So I'm going to buckle down and get some cosplays finished. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up my underbust corset from the post office since they didn't bother to deliver it to the front office yesterday when they tried to deliver it to the apartment. I wish they would learn. I'm also hopefully going to get my chain for 3 different Dawns and finish a couple of them. I'm going to get the gloves for my Modern!Dawn finished and put a dent in, if not finish, reinforcing her corset. I would be so happy on Monday if I actually get all of this done. I can't wait to try!

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #50936
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Oh my god... no more buttonholes... please...
If you wonder why, this is why.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #50937
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Buttonholes are the devil. *nodnod*

Finished the last row of lace on Kaya's skirt last night. TWO YEARS of intermittent handsewing. This is so pathetic, but I'm just gonna plant my giant VICTORY flag over here and sigh happily.
... and go on to the next project. >_>;;
Ichihara Yuuko - butterfly kimono (xxxHolic / Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle)
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #50938
riotousrhythm

Ugh, so happy! Still waiting for my Luka wig and my Gumi wig was a little thin with my thick hair so I'm waiting on some wefts to thicken it up some. Today is mega cleaning day! I got the parts for my new bookshelf I'm going to use for wigs and current projects. Yay, Organization!
riotousrhythm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #50939
ShadowIllusions
FailingSanityCosplay

I seem to have this problem where I don't look at my reference pictures enough, and end up with some odd ideas about what it's supposed to look like. Currently, I just about tore the world apart trying to find striped fabric for the off-shoulder sleeves for my Ciel dress cosplay. Eventually I realized it wasn't going to happen, and bought a bunch of dye and fabric to do it myself. I just looked at a picture and realized that the sleeves themselves aren't striped - it's just the tiny bow in the middle. -_-
-Yin, Darker Than Black
-Yosuke, Persona 4
ShadowIllusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #50940
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowIllusions View Post
I seem to have this problem where I don't look at my reference pictures enough, and end up with some odd ideas about what it's supposed to look like. Currently, I just about tore the world apart trying to find striped fabric for the off-shoulder sleeves for my Ciel dress cosplay. Eventually I realized it wasn't going to happen, and bought a bunch of dye and fabric to do it myself. I just looked at a picture and realized that the sleeves themselves aren't striped - it's just the tiny bow in the middle. -_-

I do this same thing!! ><

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote