Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 884 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #51661
MirniMausi
Just live more

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I could remake my Sawsbuck to a summer one(since most of my cons are in the summer anyway)
Sounds good to me The spring version could be nice too, with all the pink flowers~

~Up Next~
Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #51662
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I'm concerned that with only 40+ days left, I won't be able to finish Falken. I have to redo the wing structs and sew the entire costume...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Fanime countdown reaching single digits. Picked up more vinyl, velcro, craft foam, and glue that is mean specifically for vinyl.

I'm determined to finish this armor and to do it with minimal hand-sewing. >.>

EDIT: My cat decided to help.
Is your cat a maine coon? <3
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?

Last edited by DarkCloudInc : 05-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #51663
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I...just ran out of pins, and I have nothing left to sew down on the other tutu since I haven't been working on it.
Uhh...
I guess I have to go upstairs and get that white thread out...

But I think I just pleated half of row 5. I think I'm going to add a row to this, since I think 13" is a little too small for my liking. I'm thinking 14 or 15"...

Hmm. Thinking. Maybe I'll make my top layer some pretty (and soft) glimmer tulle? I have a TON so I'm sure it'll be enough...>

Last edited by SakuraxTsubasa : 05-16-2012 at 04:53 PM.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #51664
bbopalunaa

I really wish my friends would decide if we're going to Otakon... I want to make something new if we are!
bbopalunaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #51665
usuyukisou

My Vanille wig came in! So did another product I ordered (for school use; unrelated to cosplay)! But I guess no one answered, since it's in "retention". I bet my father was too lazy to get up from in front of the TV... <__< I suppose I should have let him know it was on the way, but I wasn't expecting the post office to deliver until tomorrow.
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #51666
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Made a list/poster of things I want to do this summer to motivate me to pass chemistry.

That's cosplay related because the thing in the middle of the poster is "Finish Creed cosplay"
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #51667
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

To get Ovan wig or not to get Ovan wig, that is the question? Sorry, weird mood but its what I've been debating all day about. I should get it since I'll need it in a few months and it be weird if I just got one wig (taobao order) but I wanted to email the wig seller with more then one wig on it and I can't afford Hijikata just yet. Hm...decisions.... maybe I should get the Lightning wig as motivation....

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #51668
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm seriously debating whether to bring the wig I'm going to use as a base for the female player character from Pokemon Black and White 2 to AnimeNorth in case I find wefts or hair buns in the dealers room to buy to match it...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #51669
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I'm feeling kinda nervous about AWA. Not the actual con part, just the fact that my dad (who has never been to a con before) is going to take me and I have no clue how he'll react. I wanna hang with some new people and all that, but I'm not sure... I wish my mom could take me, because she's taken me to all my previous cons and knows exactly how it is. :S
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #51670
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
Is your cat a maine coon? <3
She's a Siamese mix. She only looks big like a Maine Coon because she's a bit fat. Oh well. I love my squishy kitty. <3

And I'm done with the black vinyl and on to the red! Somehow this makes me happy. Small victories and all that. XD

Next con: Yaoi Con (Burlingham, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #51671
LilVamp25
Blissly Oblivious

I'm really excited to go to A-Kon for my second year in a row, but this will be my first time attempting cosplay photography and I'm pretty nervous about that. I'm an outgoing and talkative person once you get to know me, however I rarely am the type to just go up and start talking to someone (or, in this case, asking for a picture). So, I'm hoping being in my environment will loosen me up ^-^

Alsooo, this is also my first time ordering a commission and I just want it to come in as scheduled haha

Cosplay(s): Random Fandom Girl 100%- all day, everyday
Riza Hawkeye 23%-indefinite

My deviantArt Page
My YouTube Channel
LilVamp25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #51672
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Aaaaugh, dammit, Pinkie! While sewing on the white part of the skirt like my friend instructed, the way it ended up would cause a seam right in the front if we leave it that way, which neither of us want. But the stitches were tiny because we forgot to change the setting after attaching the ruffles, making them damn near impossible to seam rip. So now we have to figure something out. OTL Shouldn't be too bad to fix it, but dammit I don't have time to keep dealing with stuff going wrong. ;A;

I also have to make a trip to a small shop down the street; I need a new feather for Sakura (the one that arrived was too small among other issues) as well as gel inserts for my heels for Pinkie because those things are a living hell to walk in, let alone stand in for so much as ten minutes. @A@;;; But I was just able to order some dark pink flats to use while walking around con, so I can just wear the heels for shoots, and those should arrive JUST in time which is a relief.

So much to do, so little time. OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #51673
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I sort of browser on google on a game my friend long ago talked about..JUST cuz..Ya know I as curious on it ..and Think I wanna alomst cosplay as a girl called Saya Iroi from Asaki Yumemishi althou is a jap game I never played before..xD heh. And oh yeah I should handsew on some ribons..one of my secret cosplay and another for my misaki mei cosplay.Boy Im too early on that cosplay... XD;; and hpefully tomorrow when we are out "shopping" I might found some clothes for causall cosplays of characters I wanna make..srsly to much going on. XD

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 5%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 10 %
"I will never see the sky the same way I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday" -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #51674
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

I hate waiting for things to dry. But at least my apartment is getting clean in the meantime. The next few days are going to be long, so I guess I'll be setting my alarm extra early to set the glue to cure while I'm at work.

Oh shit, I still need to reinforce the legband. Gah, so much to doooo.

Next con: Yaoi Con (Burlingham, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #51675
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I think I'll salvage the hinges from my old wing structure since I already took the screws off before to pitch it an additional 8 degrees before hand. I fear that moving it an additional 10-12 degrees will compromise the structure even further. If it was for a local convention, I wouldn't mind since my workshop would be available for immediate repairs but this upcoming con isn't.

Construction of the wings shouldn't take more than one day since I already have the lengths planned. I anticipate that I won't have any personal photoshoots, so the ability to lock the joints isn't necessary.

I hope to knock out the entire costume by the end of this month as I don't anticipate I'll have much time available in the coming month.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote