Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #51661
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Aaaaugh, dammit, Pinkie! While sewing on the white part of the skirt like my friend instructed, the way it ended up would cause a seam right in the front if we leave it that way, which neither of us want. But the stitches were tiny because we forgot to change the setting after attaching the ruffles, making them damn near impossible to seam rip. So now we have to figure something out. OTL Shouldn't be too bad to fix it, but dammit I don't have time to keep dealing with stuff going wrong. ;A;

I also have to make a trip to a small shop down the street; I need a new feather for Sakura (the one that arrived was too small among other issues) as well as gel inserts for my heels for Pinkie because those things are a living hell to walk in, let alone stand in for so much as ten minutes. @A@;;; But I was just able to order some dark pink flats to use while walking around con, so I can just wear the heels for shoots, and those should arrive JUST in time which is a relief.

So much to do, so little time. OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #51662
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I sort of browser on google on a game my friend long ago talked about..JUST cuz..Ya know I as curious on it ..and Think I wanna alomst cosplay as a girl called Saya Iroi from Asaki Yumemishi althou is a jap game I never played before..xD heh. And oh yeah I should handsew on some ribons..one of my secret cosplay and another for my misaki mei cosplay.Boy Im too early on that cosplay... XD;; and hpefully tomorrow when we are out "shopping" I might found some clothes for causall cosplays of characters I wanna make..srsly to much going on. XD

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 40%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 75 %
"Dreams are hopeless aspirations.
In hopes of comin' true
Believe in yourself
The rest is up to me and you" - Waterfalls, TLC. -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #51663
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

I hate waiting for things to dry. But at least my apartment is getting clean in the meantime. The next few days are going to be long, so I guess I'll be setting my alarm extra early to set the glue to cure while I'm at work.

Oh shit, I still need to reinforce the legband. Gah, so much to doooo.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: SacAnime Summer
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #51664
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I think I'll salvage the hinges from my old wing structure since I already took the screws off before to pitch it an additional 8 degrees before hand. I fear that moving it an additional 10-12 degrees will compromise the structure even further. If it was for a local convention, I wouldn't mind since my workshop would be available for immediate repairs but this upcoming con isn't.

Construction of the wings shouldn't take more than one day since I already have the lengths planned. I anticipate that I won't have any personal photoshoots, so the ability to lock the joints isn't necessary.

I hope to knock out the entire costume by the end of this month as I don't anticipate I'll have much time available in the coming month.
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #51665
Natchan
Dare to Live

Tonight I begin the quest of the pleated skirt! Lol I've seen them done a million times, but I've never made one myself. That changes tonight! Takagi here I come!
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #51666
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

My mom said that if I get a B in Math she'll give my fifteen dollars and I'll have enough for my sewing machine ^-^
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #51667
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I still need to work on some stuff. I've been on the computer all fuckin' day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #51668
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

FFFFFFF, so my funds are totally cut in half cosplay wise. I won't be able to buy anything new for costumes for around a couple of months I'm guessing because my mom finally decided now I'm to contribute to housing payments. I have no problems with this, I just wish she hadn't dropped it on me NOW when I have a few credit payments to pay off.

This also probably means I won't be able to finish hachi-Hachi Len by original estimate of around March... Kimono stuff's expensive after all. Ah well, fun's in the journey right?
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #51669
Mrs31

So much left to do!

Uggggh~
Mrs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #51670
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

Cat hair. Cat hair everywhere all over my stuff. Keep having to use those sticky rolls of paper on everything.

Cats have this weird desire to sit on things. If I place a piece of paper in the middle of an empty floor, they must park their butts on that exact spot. If I set fabric or pieces of a costume on the table, they will use it as a bed. Though if I cover all my stuff up with a blanket, they don't want to be there anymore. @_@

Currently working on Catherine skirt (oh god I've procrastinated so much...), overlocking all edges and adding in the darts. I hate sewing darts. :T
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #51671
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

Tweaking some parts of my Luxray cosplay.
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #51672
BisectedBrioche
Green Girl

The plastic I ordered arrive, but it's much more opaque than I expected.

It'll definatly look better than tinted clear plastic, but I'm not sure if it'll actually look like goggles (plus they're only supposed to be worn on the forehead, but going to the effort of making an actual pair of goggles that can't be worn like normal ones feels like a waste).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #51673
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Thirfting trip planned for tomorrow along with a trip to ACMoore. My friend and I are hoping to find yellow sweaters for Yano and Chizuru and I'm hoping to find a shirt for Pascal and stuff for Pokemon:BW2 player character. As well as get stuff for her massive odangos. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #51674
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Woot!~ I got a discount on my fur because the manager made a mistake. She cut my fabric and told me the price was $19.95 but then when I went to the cashier the price was $26.99. When I mentioned the manager told me the wrong price, she got a bit flustered and gave me the cheaper price. So yay....though I feel bad because I actually knew the price of the fur before the manager told me the cheaper price and was willing to pay for it at that price anyway... *sweatdrop*
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #51675
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Ugh. I have a 60% off coupon for Joann Fabrics that expires Saturday, but I can't think of what I need it for. All the stuff I can think of can't be bought there...
But it's 60%! I never get more than 40%...
I'll think of something.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote