Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 930 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #51736
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Yay!~ Ordered my pleather for Ovan and the sewing pattern I need for Saber. I don't have much experience making dresses let alone a strapless one T_T So pattern~ Still need to find one for a yukata for my bf. lol

Also, yay~ I should have enough money at the end of this month to afford my Ovan and Saber wig!~

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #51737
sailortintin
Xenofreak

I ask of you cosplay gods, why do I suck at making horns.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #51738
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortintin View Post
I ask of you cosplay gods, why do I suck at making horns.
Patience, young grasshopper.
Unread 05-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #51739
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

So, I'm babysitting the niece today and my mom's mopping the floor. We're all on a little break, eating at the table when my sister calls. Apparently, her boyfriend, who's a bit of a hoarder, stopped by a garage sale and found a 1952 Singer sewing machine, never been used. He bought it, then my sister made him realize he couldn't do crap with it and they decided to sell it. As soon as I found out, "HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR IT?"

They were selling it for $80, my sister paid half. I feel awesome right now. It's sooooo pretty~ It's in the original carrying case, has some replacement parts just in case, and the little booklet. I just need to take it in to check it out and probably lube it. But other than that... okay, way awesome today~
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Kamiya Kaoru - Rurouni Kenshin
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #51740
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
</turns sewing machine around>
That's....actually a pretty good solution.
As simple as it may seem, I probably wouldn't have thought of it XD

So Joann Fabrics sent out those scratch off coupons where you could get either 40%, 50% or 60% off an item, and I ACTUALLY got a 60% off coupon.
But of course, it ended today and I couldn't think of what I would have needed from them. So I went to Michael's RIGHT before it closed, because my mom told me she saw some really white looking feathers that I could use for Odette. So I got there and they weren't nice-looking enough for the costume....so I decided I would get some epoxy resin so as to not waste the coupon since I always need resin. When I went to pay...they said they couldn't take off 60% because none of their coupons go above 50%, so I had to just go with 50%. .-.
Oh well.

Aaaand, the place I get all my tutu making supplies is having a moving sale starting tomorrow! So I'm pretty happy, since they don't have sales too often. :3
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #51741
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I never thought I would be excited for a $3 rebate from Staples that my dad made me fill out in my name. When it comes in, I can use it to buy red sharpies to dye my Pascal wig. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #51742
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

I...think I might be finished my costume. I have to give it a dress rehersal tomorrow to make sure I don't have to fix anything or shift straps but basically, other than that, I'm done. Unless I have forgotten something.

....With 6 days to spare? I don't know what I am going to do with my time. (Aside from pack, and prepare all the food were bringing...)

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #51743
Mrs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
I...think I might be finished my costume. I have to give it a dress rehersal tomorrow to make sure I don't have to fix anything or shift straps but basically, other than that, I'm done. Unless I have forgotten something.

....With 6 days to spare? I don't know what I am going to do with my time. (Aside from pack, and prepare all the food were bringing...)
YOU CAN SEW MY COSTUMES!!

Seriously I must have been out of my bloody mind. 5 EFFING COMMISSIONS FOR FANIME?!

*faints* but really. Getting down to the wire now. Anyone else racing the clock?

And on a related note...what's worse than totally busting a move one your sewing, sewing like a total baus[if you will], and then running out of thread?! Why God?!
Mrs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #51744
Kiichigo

I actually think that I am done with Bulbasaur O_o It's frightening how quick it is to make gijinkas when you don't have school... it really makes me want to make more pokemons Just fearing that they will take over my costume list...

Anyway, actually having time for sewing is quite nice. I could definitely get used to this whole "no homework" thing
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #51745
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
That's....actually a pretty good solution.
As simple as it may seem, I probably wouldn't have thought of it XD
It's still a major pain in the ass to sew this way, but I only have like three days to finish everything. xD;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #51746
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
It's still a major pain in the ass to sew this way, but I only have like three days to finish everything. xD;
If there's a backstitch button on the machine, was it left on? Occasionally I do that. o:

Also, YOU CAN DO IT GO GO GO!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #51747
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
If there's a backstitch button on the machine, was it left on? Occasionally I do that. o:

Also, YOU CAN DO IT GO GO GO!
Yeah, I'm kinda wondering about that too. Maybe if it's a switch you can jiggle it on and off? It might've gotten stuck...?

Ugh. I have a paper due in two days and I'm only halfway done or so. But I haven't worked on anything for Tutu lately so after I finish the SAT 2 math 2 diagnostic test I think I'll iron some or cut the rest of the row and pleat a little.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #51748
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I took the 1st volume of Grand Guignol Orchestra with me to re-read it on vacation.

Now all my enthusiasm to cosplay Lucille is coming back. The minute I get back from my trip, I'm gonna start adding the designs to the cover of his songbook. I'm also trying to remember what stores I've seen white coats at. I think there was one at JCpenny that I could get and modify...
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #51749
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Muahahaaha~ I love it when things work out like this XD My friend has a Miku wig that she said she'll give to me because she only needed it once and she likes Luka better anyway. So yay free wig for me, though its a bit blueish then I really care for.

But man I'm all existed about getting my pattern and my fabric!~ Lol I'm actually going to be cleaning my area today to make room for working on those cosplays. XD

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #51750
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

So much for me worrying about space in my suitcase for Anime North. I have LOADS of room. YAY!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote