Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1145 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #52186
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Got some Joann coupons in the mail yesterday and I'm ready to use them.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 50%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #52187
Alyxiane
Turn around. Turn around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldawulffie205 View Post
The Legend of Korra cosplays are budding~
Saw literally a swarm of them this past Fanime. xD Complete with Tenzin, Lin, and adult!Aang~ Just seeing a bunch of Korras ganging up on only a couple Amons was a brilliant sight.

And at least one Mako and Bolin were pretty cute too. ouo

----

I feel like planning on using my grandmother's fantastically old and beautiful Singer for sewing practice and actual cosplay making when I visit her over the summer.

Seriously guy, it's one of those antique and sturdy Singers made from the early 20th century. It's so gorgeous. OuO

^__^
Don't mind my noobness. OTL
Alyxiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #52188
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I feel...so broke...so so broke...and I don't even have my paycheck this month! T_T All of it is going to cable and rent. T_T crap man...

Darn you Shuu and my impulsiveness! This month I think I might be able to afford Shigure's and Laguna's fabric, but that's probably for the best. >.> I need to finish those first after all. Next month I'll have enough money to start working on Ovan and Clouds wing/AIDA frame, along with Saber's hoopskirt and white dress...

Ah cosplay on a tight budget... I hate you. Seriously, I had to sell 90 of my manga's to pay for shipping from the taobao order...I think I'll need to go sell all the video games I don't need next (everything but Hakuouki, FF8, P3P, and FF13), then I'll have enough money for Shigure's fabric.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #52189
eberwolf2k
Finger Lickin' Good

Heh! I was just thinking about the time I was told I'm getting a little too involved in the idea of cosplaying...well, I find it a bit exciting in away something different...

Also, I've always loved workng with my hands for instance building random props for no reason other than to see if I could make them (I did sell the Benihime sword I made for a good price though). Now I can make a prop with with a purpose. Handmade costumes are beyond my skills in sewing( if I need somehting made I'll find someone reputable to make it) but I like costumes that look gritty and down to earth...and farily easy to do (like the movie style Gambit or Tatsumi Saiga that I'md doing for example, regular clothes with some alterations).

I guess it would seem weird to the people I know. I'm the only anime fan in my little group...which is getting smaler but that's another story.

Tatsumi Saiga (Speed Grapher)
Gambit/Remy Lebeau (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

Last edited by eberwolf2k : 06-06-2012 at 11:36 PM.
eberwolf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #52190
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Just found the pics from Costume Con 30 that was last month. Great Godddess of Sergers and Bias Tape, those people...those people....! @__@ <3

That's it. Operation MOAR Dakka is in full effect. I require a thunderstorm, a 0.5mm pencil, and FFVI's Dancing Mad on max repeat.

In the words of a woman much smarter than I: Take Chances, Make Mistakes and Get Messy!

RAWR!

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #52191
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxiane View Post
Saw literally a swarm of them this past Fanime. xD Complete with Tenzin, Lin, and adult!Aang~ Just seeing a bunch of Korras ganging up on only a couple Amons was a brilliant sight.
That Tenzin. THAT TENZIN.

So brilliant. Makes me wish I was a tall, slender, bald dude.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #52192
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Just found the pics from Costume Con 30 that was last month. Great Godddess of Sergers and Bias Tape, those people...those people....! @__@ <3
There's a Goddess of Sergers and Bias Tape?!
That would explain why the two never work for me.

Teehee. Tiaras. They're sparkly.... :3
Working with millinery wire is a little more difficult than I imagined, but oh well.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:31 AM   #52193
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Darnnit! The photoshoot I got invited to is at Puu Ualakaa State Wayside so I can't bus/walk it and will need to count on someone to give me a ride to get there and back to civilization. I hate having to do that. My friend lives in the area...kinda. Maybe her parents can give us a ride? (Times I wish I knew how to drive...) But since it's so far away, I can't be at my parents beck and call...cause I'm kinda stuck till my ride wants to go...

I really would hate to ask my bf to give me a ride because he hadn't been invited to it and would probably end up just watching the bags again... I don't want to do that to him, especially since his friends won't be there to amuse him.

I'm like I was so existed I was asked to do this photoshoot too...but it looks like I won't be able to physically get there so... T_T I'm so not sneaking on to a tourist bus to get there. (I'm so not sure why a tourist bus goes there but the normal bus doesn't?)
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #52194
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I think it finally hit me that I have a con this weekend. *_* Yes. The excitement is there now. I just need to pack my car and iron out Gakuko today. So excited to wear this tomorrow although I know it is going to be a pain to walk around in.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #52195
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

Ok.... that was long enough of a break from cosplay! Time to get CRACKING!!

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #52196
Serako
Female gentleman~

I just ironed my foot.....with a hot iron.... ;_;
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #52197
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post

That's it. Operation MOAR Dakka is in full effect. I require a thunderstorm, a 0.5mm pencil, and FFVI's Dancing Mad on max repeat.

In the words of a woman much smarter than I: Take Chances, Make Mistakes and Get Messy!

RAWR!
Man, I am going to feel SO inadequate at Costume-Con.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #52198
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

After a sleepless night, and a mercifully short work day, I have decided to cheer myself up by taking out my shoe box of pretty things and ruminating over all that I could make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
There's a Goddess of Sergers and Bias Tape?!
That would explain why the two never work for me.
There is. She is locked forever in battle with the evil one who they call The Unstitcher or He Who Frays. It is the ambition and hardwork of the world of cosplayers that forces the eternal battle in her favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Man, I am going to feel SO inadequate at Costume-Con.
Nay, nay! You can do it! We have just less than two years, but we have time to hone our skills. I cannot promise you sanity, sister-in-stitches, but I can promise you madness!

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #52199
eberwolf2k
Finger Lickin' Good

Eh!!, just working on my prop staff for X-Men Origins style Gambit (I collected all the clothes I needed for the costume so that's done). After cutting down a funnel to cup the crystal ball. I decided to use sodering wire, since it molded to the PVC and funnel, and wrap it about 6-7 inches from the pipe to the funnel, covering it. The I tacted it in various places with a sodering iron to make it hold. Only thing it's a little off balance due to the added weight of the wire but it's a prop as long as it looks good in the end the weight difference of the one end really doesn't matter to me. Besides it's not like I'm going to try twirling it kung fu style

Tatsumi Saiga (Speed Grapher)
Gambit/Remy Lebeau (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)
eberwolf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #52200
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Went to JoAnn's and got me some more embroidery floss. Ends up they were having a sale on the stuff and I didn't even notice! All my floss ended up being under $3, and if I had noticed that sooner I could've gotten my boning!! *headdesk* Ah well, I should finish Anju before I really start on Gakuko anyways...

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote