Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1131 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #52216
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Times where life screws you over... My stepdad lost his job, I lost my job, and the government took away my family's food stamps. The only income we have is my mom's disability check. I love cosplay but there is no way I can afford it right now. Ugh just when I ordered my wigs for my cosplays too...

Hopefully, I can get another job and quickly. *sigh* Even if I get a job I can't afford cosplay... I hate bills T_T
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #52217
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Times where life screws you over... My stepdad lost his job, I lost my job, and the government took away my family's food stamps. The only income we have is my mom's disability check. I love cosplay but there is no way I can afford it right now. Ugh just when I ordered my wigs for my cosplays too...

Hopefully, I can get another job and quickly. *sigh* Even if I get a job I can't afford cosplay... I hate bills T_T
Ohshit. D: That is some serious, serious suck.

Hope the situation gets better, and quick. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #52218
eberwolf2k
Finger Lickin' Good

Finally sold my black trench coat to another big guy that the original buyer sent to check it out...so $100 for me. I then ordered the dark brown trench I was eyeing for my movie style Gambit cosplay, at least this new one one will actually fit (the black one was too big). All I need now is to return the black hat I had ordered and get a refund and then get the dark brown/chocolate colored one to match the trench.

Tatsumi Saiga (Speed Grapher)
Gambit/Remy Lebeau (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)
eberwolf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #52219
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
Ohshit. D: That is some serious, serious suck.

Hope the situation gets better, and quick. .-.
Indeed. I was like 'omg all this at once!? All of this happened within the past two days.' I really hope so too...
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #52220
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ugh. So much effing sewing to finish and it's just too late at night to really do any more now. Fortunately I still have a week and three days to finish everything, but two or so missed hours is still a pain in the ass.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #52221
Convulsive
My name is Kan

ABC is in a week and i still don't have a wig for Dove. Craaaaaaaap.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #52222
usuyukisou

Quote:

Please remember that cosplaying is a luxury hobby. I think even when you find another job (hopefully soon), you should still take a break from cosplaying in order to stockpile some savings. Good luck!
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #52223
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
Please remember that cosplaying is a luxury hobby. I think even when you find another job (hopefully soon), you should still take a break from cosplaying in order to stockpile some savings. Good luck!
Cosplay is only a luxury hobby only when you think of it that way. There are ways of doing it on a tight budget. I can't do a lot of cosplays but I can. I've made Shuu in under 30$, including wig. I just can't do any big cosplays like Saber. Which was going to be my WCS prelim entry in October. Don't know what I'm going to do about that.
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #52224
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My friend and I got bored while hanging out so we decided to watch random episodes of Shaman King.

After 5 minutes of serious fangirling I decided I seriously need to do something for my Faust VIII cosplay this weekend. Maybe I can Finish the scythe.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #52225
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I've come to the realization that I have been bit by the cosplay bug. I can't stop thinking of new things to cosplay and then making lists of what I need to get and do.

I'm probably adding two cosplays to my list for Anime Midwest.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #52226
LeanaMee101
Day Dreamer

Here's whats on my mind...is commissioners for hire. I hired someone to do a jersey for me...and I rarely hear from her. Last I heard from her was last Friday and she said she hadn't started yet...but the deadline I gave her is the 15th. Still no word. No idea if it's even getting done or not....I'm worried.
  • Anime Expo (Confirmed - Artist Alley)
  • K-Con (Confirmed)

2014 Cosplay Plans
  • Red (Pokemon) - 50% complete
  • Yukine (Noragami) - 10% complete
  • G:amma (Alphabat) - 90% complete
  • Onew (SHINee) - 10% complete
  • Dongwoo "Special Girl" (Infinite)
  • Jung Kook "No More Dream" (BTS) - 50% complete
2015 Cosplay Plans
  • High Priestess (Ragnarok Online)
LeanaMee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #52227
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

After looking over the Night Circus photos my friends and I took today, I realized something.

My Marco is making This Face...in every picture.

When I get my wig, I'm going to get her to smile more, because Marco is NOT that stoic around his girlfriend!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #52228
beEp
beEp beEp i'm a jeep

AUUGHHH SO MUCH COSPLAY STUFF TO DO. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
I've come to the realization that I have been bit by the cosplay bug. I can't stop thinking of new things to cosplay and then making lists of what I need to get and do.

I'm probably adding two cosplays to my list for Anime Midwest.
I wish I could be hit by a cosplay bug sometimes. I usually find myself unable to think up cosplay ideas.
beEp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #52229
Lucilia

I was making a prop for one of my cosplays from wood which requires three complex shapes to be sawed out and glued together. So I first did them by hand and they turned out okayish - I figured I'd glue them together and then sand them because that way you would get them even on the overlapping parts.

Except I accidentally glued them crooked, so I had to toss out maybe 4 hours with a hand figure saw (those things are horrible and keep having to have the sawblade replaced).

So I bought the cheapest possible electric saw I could find. I just finished one of the three complex shapes in under 5 minutes.

My thought now: Electric saws are awesome ^_^
Lucilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #52230
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:

Awww, that stinks. Hope you find a job soon.

First day of AnimeNext over! ^_^ Like I thought Gakuko was a pain in the butt to walk around in. Like, if I did not pick up my train I would trip over myself. >_>. However it was fun and I did find out about a Persona photoshoot today at 5 so I have to do a quick change into Minako after the Exorcist photoshoot. My shoulder and left arm are killing me though since I was carrying my heavy purse in my hand(I could not put it on my shoulder due to my sleeves). I'm just hoping it won't slow me down today cause I have a lot of running around to do.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote