Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1521 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #52216
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

My friend and I got bored while hanging out so we decided to watch random episodes of Shaman King.

After 5 minutes of serious fangirling I decided I seriously need to do something for my Faust VIII cosplay this weekend. Maybe I can Finish the scythe.
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #52217
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I've come to the realization that I have been bit by the cosplay bug. I can't stop thinking of new things to cosplay and then making lists of what I need to get and do.

I'm probably adding two cosplays to my list for Anime Midwest.

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #52218
LeanaMee101
Day Dreamer

Here's whats on my mind...is commissioners for hire. I hired someone to do a jersey for me...and I rarely hear from her. Last I heard from her was last Friday and she said she hadn't started yet...but the deadline I gave her is the 15th. Still no word. No idea if it's even getting done or not....I'm worried.
  • Anime Expo (Confirmed - Artist Alley)
  • K-Con (Confirmed)

2014 Cosplay Plans
  • Red (Pokemon) - 50% complete
  • Yukine (Noragami) - 10% complete
  • G:amma (Alphabat) - 90% complete
  • Onew (SHINee) - 10% complete
  • Dongwoo "Special Girl" (Infinite)
  • Jung Kook "No More Dream" (BTS) - 50% complete
2015 Cosplay Plans
  • High Priestess (Ragnarok Online)
LeanaMee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #52219
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

After looking over the Night Circus photos my friends and I took today, I realized something.

My Marco is making This Face...in every picture.

When I get my wig, I'm going to get her to smile more, because Marco is NOT that stoic around his girlfriend!
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #52220
beEp
beEp beEp i'm a jeep

AUUGHHH SO MUCH COSPLAY STUFF TO DO. That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbleyes View Post
I've come to the realization that I have been bit by the cosplay bug. I can't stop thinking of new things to cosplay and then making lists of what I need to get and do.

I'm probably adding two cosplays to my list for Anime Midwest.
I wish I could be hit by a cosplay bug sometimes. I usually find myself unable to think up cosplay ideas.
beEp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #52221
Lucilia

I was making a prop for one of my cosplays from wood which requires three complex shapes to be sawed out and glued together. So I first did them by hand and they turned out okayish - I figured I'd glue them together and then sand them because that way you would get them even on the overlapping parts.

Except I accidentally glued them crooked, so I had to toss out maybe 4 hours with a hand figure saw (those things are horrible and keep having to have the sawblade replaced).

So I bought the cheapest possible electric saw I could find. I just finished one of the three complex shapes in under 5 minutes.

My thought now: Electric saws are awesome ^_^
Lucilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #52222
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
Times where life screws you over... My stepdad lost his job, I lost my job, and the government took away my family's food stamps. The only income we have is my mom's disability check. I love cosplay but there is no way I can afford it right now. Ugh just when I ordered my wigs for my cosplays too...

Hopefully, I can get another job and quickly. *sigh* Even if I get a job I can't afford cosplay... I hate bills T_T
Awww, that stinks. Hope you find a job soon.

First day of AnimeNext over! ^_^ Like I thought Gakuko was a pain in the butt to walk around in. Like, if I did not pick up my train I would trip over myself. >_>. However it was fun and I did find out about a Persona photoshoot today at 5 so I have to do a quick change into Minako after the Exorcist photoshoot. My shoulder and left arm are killing me though since I was carrying my heavy purse in my hand(I could not put it on my shoulder due to my sleeves). I'm just hoping it won't slow me down today cause I have a lot of running around to do.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #52223
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

I want to be able to sew with a machine.

My mum's doing my Pinkie Pie tutu.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #52224
aspiekid0101

Thinking about doing Thor again for a con in October, but I'm now also thinking of doing the movie version, since he's become more recognizable.
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #52225
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Just bought part of the fabric for the king's landing maxi dress. Need the contrast panel next. Really should be starting the Lulu dress too...

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #52226
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oh god, hand sewing pleather WITH blisters on your fingers already (not from sewing, from a bunch of dirt-shovelling I had to do earlier today). Owww. And the worst part is I've got around another three or four hours of it to do, THEN sewing through thick boots and fur (not faux fur, an actual pelt).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #52227
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Parents are coming to visit and spend 2 nights with me starting Monday. I haven't seen them since early January. o:

But! My spare bedroom's primary use is my cosplay construction room. Which currently looks like a tornado hit it because I was trying to organize my bookshelf and also working on crafty projects for an event at work.

I need to cleeeaaaannnn~ .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #52228
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Thanks to my lovely friend Mary, I now have a suitable pattern for Riku's black vest. She made it so simple and awesome, I can't wait to get started on it tomorrow. The fabric's all washed so now all I have to do is iron it... progress! ^^
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #52229
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I am being blessed with my own sewing machine thanks to my grandmother and I also found out I am getting a 100 dollars back from my school this week so that I will be able to go get fabrics and patterns to start on a few simple cosplays.

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #52230
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

There's this one character from LoL that I want to cosplay so bad.. But he's shirtless. Even if I could find a way, I already dislike binding for long period of time so I'd never last in this. BUT HE LOOKS SO COOL. "orz
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote