Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #52681
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Holy crap, 30 yards?! What are you making anyway?
This (the one on the far right): http://toughtink.tumblr.com/post/256...ector-fury-and

I found a pattern that's near perfect that I can modify without too much trouble...it's a wedding gown. 30. Yards. 30. I have no regrets, but dear god, it's probably gonna kill me.

Unread 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #52682
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

I need to count the money in my elephant bank... I might have enough money to buy the sewing machine I want.
Unread 06-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #52683
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
So it looks like I now own a sewing machine! I happened to mention to my stepmom that I'd really like one for my birthday and how there were a bunch on sale at Joann's, and she said I could probably have my stepsister's since she never even touches it. When my stepsister got home, the conversation pretty much went like this:

"Danyelle, how much do you love your sewing machine?"
"Christie can have it."

Awesome! It's not like an amazing sewing machine or anything since it's pretty old, but I'm not advanced enough for something super fancy yet anyway. I'm so excited, I definitely want to practice sewing more this summer. ;u;
EXCELLENT. : D

Now that is how you get a sewing machine~

Straight and zigzag stitches are basically all I've ever used when sewing costumes. As long as you have those two stitches, pretty much all but the most elaborate costumes (or ones made of crazy materials) are within your reach!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #52684
BlackroseHunter
Like;;Cute;;Aggression

I'm hating this Yoruichi cosplay right now! This shirt/halter top should not be this complicated. Grrrrr. Mayb I'll take a break and get back to it later.
Fire! Elsa (Frozen AU)

Otakon 2016:
Sardonyx (Steven Universe)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Echo (Jurassic World)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #52685
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
This (the one on the far right): http://toughtink.tumblr.com/post/256...ector-fury-and

I found a pattern that's near perfect that I can modify without too much trouble...it's a wedding gown. 30. Yards. 30. I have no regrets, but dear god, it's probably gonna kill me.
Wow, that dress is pretty. Good luck with it.

After about 5 hours of work I finally have the patterns done for Saber's shawl. That took way longer than I thought it would. >_> Sadly, the top long piece is not accurate as I had to design it myself since the ref image didn't have it there. It looks nice and Roman enough to me(no, that is not a peace symbol, it's Nero's death cross) I guess I'll either start tracing it on the shawl tomorrow so get started on that Luka dress.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #52686
booklover67

I think I may have been working on my cosplay too much today... I just completely seriously explained to my mom that I was upset because people just do not appreciate differences in tape. Like how my father said that black gorilla tape and black duck brand duct tape look exactly the same. ... very upsetting... now back to the sun hat and scythe that I am making out of duct tape...

For the Future:
Akari Mizunashi from ARIA
Yuuko from xxxHolic (duct tape)
Erza Scarlet (Heaven's Wheel Armour) from Fairy Tail
D from Vampire Hunter D (very far future...)
booklover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #52687
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

I think all of this built up cosplay motivation will FINALLY get used ... for the past week or two I've had massive amounts of motivation to work on costumes, and nothing to work on. But as of tomorrow I'll have a few little things to work on, and as of Friday I'll have a full costume to work on. So excited, can't wait to finally let out all of this built up motivation, it's been driving me nuts XDD

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #52688
mycherrywolf

I've never cosplayed with a huge prop before. I always wonder whether it's worth the hassle. It looks WICKED cool though, like the Celtys and their scythes at AX today. Also I guess that's relatively easy to carry around compared to the other cosplays I saw that had larger weaponry o___o
mycherrywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #52689
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

So today I was talking to these two girls at obon about different anime series. Then they ask me; "Do you like Hetalia?". . . My friends in the area and I burst out laughing. After laughing, I replied "Hello, I cosplay Germany and I ran the past two Hetalia panels." lol the looks on their face's when they realized I was the Germany from the panel made me laugh even more. They were there at the panel. >.>;

Also, the theme with my friends and I about cosplay it seems is "Like the series, Hate the fandom."
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #52690
kitsuneheart

Just finished (well, last night) pouring boiling water over my Suicune wig to curl it. Now comes the "wait at least 24 hours to let it thoroughly dry" part. Yeah... it's 107F degrees plus a high humidity today so it might take a little longer then that. -sigh-

Also picked out the pattern for Suicune's underdress. Now I'm in the ref-hunt and planning stages for (ccs) Sakura's 2nd Movie dress and (TRC) Sakura's halloween artbook dress. I really want to go by Joann's soon so I can actually get some material to start actual work on these cosplays. >_< I even have a giftcard to use that I won at Animazement!

Also, I must have lost my mind if I'm planning on having Suicune and Halloween!Sakura -plus whatever my brother decides on doing for halloween - done before halloween.
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

Last edited by kitsuneheart : 07-01-2012 at 08:35 AM.
kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #52691
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Do I want to make this cosplay I'd like to make when I have little coconuts and the charater has big coconuts? It's to revealing to try to make my coconuts look bigger. In matter of fact my coconuts might vanish in this cosplay and I might look like I'm crossplaying. OUI at times I wish I had a lovely bunch of coconuts.
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #52692
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I wonder if it will be better if the embroidery is symmetrical or not. I am working on the pattern for the skirt and well, it looks really odd to me right now(it is asymmetrical) although from the little bit of the ref image that I could see of the other side, it looks like it is asymmetrical...but it looks so weird...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #52693
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I brought the wig I ordered for Faust VIII to my friend, and she tried styling it like his and she just couldn't make it work, because the back wasn't thick enough and was too flippy. I was really upset because I still don't have a wig for Faust, and I suddenly felt incompetent in my ability to pick out wigs, so I angrily took a comb to it.

...that's when it started to look like Denmark. Not a complete waste after all.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Nao Midorikawa-Smile Precure, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #52694
Kerodohi
No longer active

Went fabric shopping yesterday. Came home with buttons and a zipper.
FABRIC STORE. Y u not carry wool in the middle of summer?!
I wanted to work on my dress...
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #52695
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
EXCELLENT. : D

Now that is how you get a sewing machine~

Straight and zigzag stitches are basically all I've ever used when sewing costumes. As long as you have those two stitches, pretty much all but the most elaborate costumes (or ones made of crazy materials) are within your reach!
Good to know! c:

Hrmmm... I'm highly considering cosplaying Sapphire from Princess Knight, but I don't know if those are tights or just really form-fitting pants. Leaning towards the tights, but I'm trying to make sense of it. xD; I suppose I could lengthen the top into like a super short dress or something? And then wear like, a couple pairs of white tights and a pair of white flats? Hell if I know. OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote