Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #53086
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Lmao it was meant to be a slip on dress and I was going to alter it so that it'd be more form fitting, but I tried on the mockup and it was like WHOA big.

Yeah, there's that, and the fact that my family just can't be reasoned with. XDDD
I know what you mean. I had to take in my Tamaki underdress so much(plus it doesn't help that I am tiny. >_>). I never end up using patterns the "correct" way. XD It's just to help me get the basic shape and I go crazy from there.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #53087
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My friend and I just talked for around 2 hours about Orphen. Now I'm really excited to have Hartia almost done! Now if only I could talk her into working on either her Orphen or her Lai cosplays...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:48 AM   #53088
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So... it would seem that there can be such a thing as a well known cosplayer... puzzling. How does one become a well known cosplayer?

Oh yeah, YAY! Sebastian's wig is in and it looks great enough that I may not have to seriously style it. I may have to only lightly style it with hair products and such...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #53089
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I hate having to wait for something to come in the mail. When you're ALMOST done with what you've been working on and all you have left is slowly making it's way to you. ~_~ Blast!

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #53090
Lohari
Robo-zukin <3

---

Last edited by Lohari : 06-03-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Lohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #53091
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Oh sweet, I realized I pretty much have everything I need for a Kenshin Himura cosplay already from parts of other cosplays.. except the sword and wig. xD (and scar)

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #53092
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Finish the bfs Tuxedo Kamen costume today? I THINK SO!!!

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #53093
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireChaos View Post
I have to finish a cosplay by Thursday night, but I'm so worried that I won't get it done because A) I'm not totally sure what I'm doing, and B) I'm a huge procrastinator :P
Ahhh... sometimes when I do my cosplays, I feel the same way too. >>;; Especially about Sailor Fukus. They... just intimidate me and confuse me all the time!!!!!! *shakes fist*

Next cons: Anime LA, Anime Detour, Fanime, Anime Expo
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #53094
Altrus
I love dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohari View Post
Ughhh, why are paints so expensive? Q n Q I need golden paint for my Beatrice, but I feel bad for spending so much money for such a little prop xD
Get a Model Color from the Vallejo set. They're reasonably priced acrillic paints for modelwork.
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #53095
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I've almost got the sides of Hartia's coat stitched down so it will actually button up the front now, like his. ^_^ Now I just need the red trim and some clasps and it will be finished.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #53096
xDaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
I hate having to wait for something to come in the mail. When you're ALMOST done with what you've been working on and all you have left is slowly making it's way to you. ~_~ Blast!
I am going through exactly this at the moment. I have finished my outfit and I'm going insane waiting for my wig to arrive. It's been almost a month, hurry up and get here already!
xDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #53097
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Went to Jo-Anns and used a ton of coupons and got a bunch of stuff. ^_^ I wish I got more butternick patterns though since they were being sold at .99 cents... >_> Oh well. At least I can get back to work on embroidering now and finishing up Tamak.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #53098
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Finally done with bias tape! Thought I'd be making bias tape for the rest of my life for awhile. Now I get to hand sew it to my headpiece. Joy. Have 2 weeks to finish it so I'll have time to practice putting it the costume and walking.
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #53099
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

[Super-long rant post]
I'm in one of those ruts where if I don't get or start something for a cosplay soon, I will probably start whining about how I'm a horrible cosplayer or how everyone's so much better than me or I never make friends at cons anyways or whydoIevenbother... I really don't want to e-e

But here's my dilemma..if I want another costume or another part of a costume I need to buy it or the materials to make it..thanks to the accident yesterday my grandmother didn't get her money, meaning she can't pay me until the end of the week, meaning I can't get anything until then and...I'm pretty much stuck at home with nothing to really do except play Wii and look at cosplays and draw and get just a little more disheartened about everything >A<;

I really want to get the stuff to try to properly make this cane into Ciel's...all I would need is clay and paint but I can't even get that until this weekend! orz Then I have the sword I could make...or a stuffed animal if I tried..I have ideas but none of the materials to achieve them right now.

Also, I have the money for my Ciel wig but the shop is moving location, so they're closed until the 19th, meaning I have to wait until Monday to order it.

URGH. I don't want this break! I want to work on stuff! Dx Why is it always when I want to work that my life decides it wants to prevent me from it?

TL;DR: Oh my god I am about to want to stop cosplaying and need to work on stuff NOW but life wants to keep me from it.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #53100
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Waaaaagh, paycheck tonight, paycheck tonight! ... But I'm trying to control myself. While I will have the money to buy my scale armor, that doesn't mean I should. Not yet. >.>

... PATIENCE, Y U NO HAVE WILL OF IRON?
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote