Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #53431
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Question for you all re: cosplay in swimsuits.

I was looking at doing a few cosplay shots with some friends in/around water, and I'm debating what I should do.

Since I already cosplay Suki, I was thinking that that would be a fun summer cosplay, especially since there already is a beach scene. She has a canon swimsuit, but it's not that recognizeable, as well as strapless-- eeek.

She also has the Fire Nation outfit, which I think would be a lot cooler to make-- but do you think that would transfer well to being a swimsuit? I'm not sure.

Gah, decisions! (And thanks for any help deciding in advance!)
Haha, the link for the canon swimsuit redirects straight to a site instead of the image. BUT from your description of the outfit, if the swimsuits bothers you a bit, don't go for it. You might look rather uncomfortable in it. I say go for the Fire Nation outfit. It doesn't really read 'swimsuit', but I think it'll work anyways (like it's some kind of fancy swimsuit, haha!) :3 And definitely, it would be much cooler!

Good luck!

Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #53432
BlackroseHunter
Like;;Cute;;Aggression

I've officially decided to dress up as my OC from young justice Ace for Halloween..I should probably get started on it now then I guess, since school's starting soon and I won't be able to work on cosplay as much as I want, plus AUSA coming up. I hope it comes out as good as I hope it will.http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...unter#/d59a607
Fire! Elsa (Frozen AU)

Otakon 2016:
Sardonyx (Steven Universe)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Echo (Jurassic World)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #53433
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Fabric district run while I was down in LA yesterday yielded a bunch of cheap fabric for muslins, but no success on the other things I was vaguely hunting for. Which is good -- I really don't need to spend more money on fabrics I'm not using for a while. >_>;

And my embroidery for Catelyn's cloak is progressing nicely. Now if I could just get to sewing outside of my work breaks, I might be able to work on her dresses too ... *fails*
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Tumblr ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #53434
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Apparently my wig was delivered to my apartment this morning.

I'm not getting back home til Sunday. D:

Hopefully they left it upstairs in front of my door and not downstairs on the table in the lobby. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #53435
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I'm soooooo tired of staying up all night for the past couple days. The positive side of staying up, is I have been getting a lot of stuff done so that helps out. But my room likes like a tornado hit it. Well..time to get working on the commissions, weee!

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #53436
dotingly
princess

Though I've been telling myself for ages that I need to finish up an outfit I've been working on for well over a few months, but I keep getting distracted! And I just recently fell in love with the Madness of Duke Venomania PV and ended up throwing something together for Miku really quick... akjhfakjhfa aaah
dotingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #53437
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze

I wanna do a small summer cosplay related project but I don't know which character to pick xD Oh well wig shopping season is coming up soon and I'm sure I'll come up wit something :O
Otaku Gunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #53438
alorian
pressing on with courage

Jeeze Louise, $50 just for Setzer's shirt stuff, and that was with a coupon, not even counting the pattern. Man, lace is expensive.

I know I'm doing these costumes all-out, but yeeegh. I shudder to think of the price tag for that coat. It's got like twelve acres of gold trim.

:: Next Con: AUSA 2015 ::
:: Zack & Cloud - FFVII ::
~b i s h o n e n i n k~
alorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #53439
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I really want to cosplay p4 Naoto in her detective older outfit. I already have a wig and the outfit isn't too complicated. Plus I haven't seen anyone do that version yet. Dang it...and I will have time to shop before my internship today too...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #53440
Naomi Gardenia
DreamSpirit

Super Happy! Ordered my drafting supplies today, spent last night doing the break down of each design ad number crunching for yardage. I'm very pleased with myself that I found motivation to get so many of the miniscule details out of the way without having to force myself. AND I got all the budgeting done for January's road trip.

Now onto Phase Two: Drafting, Fabric Purchase, Construction, group organizing, and of course driving music selection XD. I thought I would fall behind but it looks like I'm on time (I never like to say "ahead" of schedule because there always seems to be ten million things left to do at the last minute. XD)

Now if my card would hurry up and get here so I can finish hotel booking for Ohayocon, Katsucon, and PAX East =P I'm taking this as a step in learning patience and persistence, lol.
Naomi Gardenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #53441
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

It's time! It's time! It's time to cosplay! It's been a very restful month since my last con and it'll be an even longer dry period till my next major convention, Youmacon. Oh, wings! How I have missed you, I'm only implementing a small update so nothing should break. I've rebuilt the majority of the left wing just for this event.

In retrospect, I probably should've gone and done a major rebuild for this convention using a few of the significant revisions that I've been floating in my head since this convention has key similarities to ACen, 6" rule and physical location. Oh, well.
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #53442
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

FFFFFF I am so excited about finally having a design for a Rarity cosplay that I just wanna go out and do it, maybe possibly get it done by the 18th seeing as how my plans for that night are still up in the air, despite the fact that the time frame is near suicidal for me. Especially considering I'm pretty sure the design I came up with is just a tad beyond my skill level.

Gakuko is not doing a good enough job of getting my mind off of it! DX

Alas, part of the problem is that I want to make Rarity so badly so I can just go out and prance around like a... well, pony. XD But the costume itself won't be needed until Halloween. I'd make it only to be able not to have an excuse to wear it until October. Granted, the type of dress I have in mind can be worn outside of cosplay too, but I don't even have any special occasions to wear it for either. -w- Damn this need for instant gratification.

Either way I've been looking around and I can't find a pattern that even remotely looks like what I'm trying to go for. I'm probably going to have to go to my great aunt and see if she can help me draft a pattern... and tell me what to do in general. ^^; She has more of an idea of how to make a bustle than I do...
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning

Last edited by Reily96 : 08-02-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #53443
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

I hate those dry cosplay spells where you can't do anything...

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #53444
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another View Post
I hate those dry cosplay spells where you can't do anything...
Here, here.

Ugh. The one thing I was looking forward to ending off my summer was my Ciel wig. Which, by the way, I'm STILL having issues with. It might have been a misunderstanding, but if it isn't, The Five Wits are about to have to deal with a VERY stressed out and moody teenager, god bless them. Especially if they don't answer the email I sent them tonight. If it is tomorrow before they do...oh boy, I pity them, because I will be on a stress and hormone induced rage.

On another note...I fail at trying to do secret cosplays. Only a few hours and one of my friends guesses it Dx I am CONSIDERING cosplaying Gamzee...though I really am not sure. I remember how miserable I was dealing with the immature Hetalia and KH cosplayers, and...while a couple of my really awesome good friends plan to or already cosplay Homestuck, one that I know is a bad apple cosplays Karkat. Plus, while everything else would be pretty easy, I am the world's worst at makeup...and not sure if my parents would even let me wear it :/ Harrumph. It's pretty much on edge right now whether I will or not.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #53445
defectedmodel
Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragonx View Post
There was a topic about the necessity of contact lenses in cosplays. I'll just repeat what I said from there. Wearing contacts would only be necassary IMO if the character had such noticeable eyes that everyone comments on. Other people here opined that most people would rarely notice another cosplayer's eyes to make a lenses.purchase necessary.

So I believe you will fine wih those lenses you have.
Yep, you're right. I decided not to waste money on new ones, good enough!
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote