Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #53461
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

So after pestering people about letting me know what FanExpo tickets they want to get, I actually worked on my cosplays. Sewed and pressed the hem of the GoTs dress, painted and glazed the decorative ring thing, and now I must thread the cording through the top of the dress so I can work on pressing in the pleats and tucks to make it hang right.

Not going to get started on the bodice tonight, but I've decided to purchase a nice (and by nice, I mean terrifying and functional) skin tone shaper to wear under the dress. I forsee swearing and curse upon houses in the change room again...

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #53462
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragonx View Post
Huh?! *takes a look around the Net* O.O

DO IT!!

(On that note, I think I just suckered myself into getting a Vita )

EDIT: OI! Now I have to make Aeon and Lust Arcana cards too!
I'm actually thinking of making it my Halloween costume to make life easier. Haha. XD And there's a lust arcana now!? 0_0 *googles it* Ack. Hopefully there will be a nice high quality picture up soon so I can also add it to my deck. I'm also thinking about adding the minor arcanas as well but maybe I will make them smaller since they aren't as important as the major deck.

And I was looking at my Saber ref image more closely and I noticed a few things I have not noticed before. One being the fact that some of the shawl is on her shoulder and it shows that the top line does not have the border design but just a straight line. Which is creepily what I was planning on doing! The shawl is also much bigger than I thought it was before but it's too late to change the size now. -_-. Oh well, at least mine will be manageable.

Also I'm going to need to look at children's bracelets for Saber since the ones for adults does not fit my small wrists. And to think, I thought finding a gold thick bracelet would be easy to find...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #53463
defectedmodel
Android

This wig is making me want to tear my hair ouuuuuuut. What a pain it is to style D: D: D:
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #53464
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
And there's a lust arcana now!? 0_0 *googles it* Ack. Hopefully there will be a nice high quality picture up soon so I can also add it to my deck.
Yeah so do I. I just hope Giant Bomb doesn't screw it up like they did with the Justice Arcana. Though to be fair to them, most tarot decks have Strength as VIII and Justice as XI, while very few decks and the Persona games have it the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I'm also thinking about adding the minor arcanas as well but maybe I will make them smaller since they aren't as important as the major deck.
I was thinking of doing the same, but two things got in the way. One, I couldn't find any pics of Persona versions of Jack/Knave, Queen or King of the minor arcana; two, my deck would be so ridiculously thick and bulky that I wouldn't be able to shuffle them LOL

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #53465
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Kin-Yoobi Con is barely more than a week away.

Still don't know what I'm wearing.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #53466
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friends and I were doing a photoshoot today, I was Hatori from Fruits Basket. As a joke, my friends made me pose all sexy (My friends are really weird XD really weird.)

Somehow this turned into us planning to make a crossplay calender to put in our sewing lair. We just need our costumes, and appropriate weather XD

Like I said, my friends are strange XD

Also, I finally got pictures of me as Hartia (minus the pants, I don't have the right color yet!) And some non-fangirl-inducing ones as Hatori.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-02-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #53467
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragonx View Post
Yeah so do I. I just hope Giant Bomb doesn't screw it up like they did with the Justice Arcana. Though to be fair to them, most tarot decks have Strength as VIII and Justice as XI, while very few decks and the Persona games have it the other way around.

I was thinking of doing the same, but two things got in the way. One, I couldn't find any pics of Persona versions of Jack/Knave, Queen or King of the minor arcana; two, my deck would be so ridiculously thick and bulky that I wouldn't be able to shuffle them LOL
Yeah, I got messed up by the justice arcana too. >_>

And I have the Persona 3 artbook which has the pictures of the jack, king and queen of the minor cards. It's DANG tiny though(like around an inch...) I really wish I knew a way to blow them up without it getting blurry.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #53468
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Well my tail and legwarmers for my Raver Nyan Cat arrived yesterday and I finally tried everything on today. It looks great. Now I'm looking at make-up tutorials to figure that part out.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #53469
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another View Post
I hate those dry cosplay spells where you can't do anything...
Yes, I going through that as of this moment and until hopefully only until September. Don't have the money to buy fabric at all. D8 I have so much to do before October, my next con! I gotta start saving up and stuff!
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #53470
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
Yes, I going through that as of this moment and until hopefully only until September. Don't have the money to buy fabric at all. D8 I have so much to do before October, my next con! I gotta start saving up and stuff!
I'm waiting for a wig, and my next paycheck; hopefully my mom will go in half with me with the binding stuff.

I also want to kill myself about not waiting to order Alfred...ARDA Y U HAVE SALE NOW AND NOT MONDAY? At least I can keep some change from my friend's wig payment cause of it.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #53471
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another View Post
I'm waiting for a wig, and my next paycheck; hopefully my mom will go in half with me with the binding stuff.

I also want to kill myself about not waiting to order Alfred...ARDA Y U HAVE SALE NOW AND NOT MONDAY? At least I can keep some change from my friend's wig payment cause of it.
:3 Ohh a wig. Nice! I had a wig-buying compulsion not too long ago. >>;; TOTALLY HOLDING BACK, IT'S QUITE PAINFUL. Ughhh. My paychecks mostly go to my student loans. = m= Yay for being a college graduate. /not/

OMG. I feel the same way about sales when I got no money. 0,o YOU JUST SEE THINGS right at the moment when you got no money for. :/

Hopefully there will be another chance for you and I for those great sales! I need a wig by Spring for a cosplay too (it never hurts to buy too early). >>;;
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #53472
Blue Leader
The Gundam Fanatic

Gah! Why can't I find a decent visor/face shield for my helmet!? I've been looking and looking, and I just can't find anything close enough that I can use... ><;;
Blue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #53473
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
:3 Ohh a wig. Nice! I had a wig-buying compulsion not too long ago. >>;; TOTALLY HOLDING BACK, IT'S QUITE PAINFUL. Ughhh. My paychecks mostly go to my student loans. = m= Yay for being a college graduate. /not/

OMG. I feel the same way about sales when I got no money. 0,o YOU JUST SEE THINGS right at the moment when you got no money for. :/

Hopefully there will be another chance for you and I for those great sales! I need a wig by Spring for a cosplay too (it never hurts to buy too early). >>;;
I'm getting the Rufio during their September sale- I need a good hawk wig by next August, and might as well get 15% off now! Also, the summer wig collection is making me burn from the inside out. They're so pretty ;_;

AND YES. As soon as I waste my money, BOOM.

Now that I've figured out Pikachu, I have to blow $16 on a damn hoodie. (And there was this pretty pink one I wanted....) Maybe I'll just grab a cheap ass cardigan or something?

Meanwhile, I finished America's flip flops.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #53474
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Why is it that the moment I decide to save money for Aki Con, three new cosplays show up that I want to do in addition to the three in progress? ;A; And my parents will throw I fit if I spend all my money....

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #53475
PileuptheEricas
GLaDOS Potato

Attempting to learn the Motteke! Sailor Fuku dance from Lucky Star, if I were to ever, hypothetically of course, cosplay someone from it (most likely Konata, she fits my criteria perfectly with her height and what not hehe ^_^' ... ;_; ) I need to learn the dance! If someone were to ever play via speakers at a con I'd have to do the dance, it'd be expected from me!

My Butler!Grell ideas is at a standstill for now, ;_; I am looking for a coat a bit. Also, I'm kinda working on it by growing my hair out! That counts! ..Right? X'D

"~Let's go on a journey, from today on, just the two of us-~"
"~Pile up the Ericas' lonely shadows-~"
"~Pile up our solitude.~"
PileuptheEricas is offline   Reply With Quote