Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #53686
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
Dragon*Con memberships are still available right now. http://dragoncon.org/members.php - not exactly the cheapest convention in the world to go to at the last minute, but I've been jealously following prep for it on Tumblr and through friends who are going this year. It could be well worth it, with that guest list and some of the freaking amazing costumes I've seen in prep for it.

Hard part is going to be finding a hotel room in the area without breaking the bank. There are still some overflow rooms available, as of my last "but I wanna goooooo" check of the website.

Honestly, if you can go, I hear it's an absolute blast... if not, it'll be the same place, same time next year, and it gives you a whole year to plan and obsess And pre-registration for it opens up in early September, with really low rates.
Well that's good to know that there are still tickets! Hotel and ticket would not be a problem, it's the cost of the plane ride that may be an issue. Lol
But maybe I'll just plan for next year, I'm already planning to go to SDCC next year so why not add Dragon*Con so I can have a summer of epic cons to go to next year

It's a pirate's life for me! Savvy?

Find me on Facebook!

SparrowStyle Entertainment on Instagram

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #53687
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So, my new core costume lineup for 2013 is pretty much set.

Kaito - Max Factory [Vocaloid]
Sebastian Michaelis - Demon Form [Kuroshitsuji]
Folken Fanel - Black Winged Angel [Escaflowne]

All wings. I'm milking it!

Max Factory Kaito is possibly the most ambitious project I've ever had. It'll have wings and mechanical parts and EL Wires/LED. Completely made from scratch and rule breaking...
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon

Last edited by DarkCloudInc : 08-10-2012 at 05:21 PM.
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #53688
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Finished Orphen season two. It was a good series, and the ending didn't suck, so now I'm even more excited to cosplay Hartia at New York Comic Con.

Though I'm starting to get frustrated because I can't find my Tower of Fang Necklace. I had it last week when I was taking Hartia pictures and now I have no idea where it is.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #53689
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I asked my friend about comissioning Koromaru for me and she said she will try. ^_^ So happy and excited for that since I love the plushies she makes.

Also, I'm thinking about switching from Pascal to school uniform Cheria. It will be much easier on me and I just need a wig to complete that. Although, I have been looking around online and finding a wig with a short clip on ponytail in a raspberry/rose pink seems to be impossible. Either the color doesn't come with a clip on or the ponytails are really long. >_<

EDIT: After looking around a bit more, I found this wig. The color is perfect and the ponytails aren't SUPER long. The price tag though. >_> And I'm not sure if the ponytails are moveable or not. 0_o

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 08-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.
TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #53690
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

For a beginner I really screwed up my first cosplay adventure. First off..I live on $20 every two weeks so i was so stupid to think I could even afford commissions or wigs. Second I choosed the wrong ppl to cosplay! Everyone i picked had big warning signs of being expensive even if i tried to do their cosplay cheapy. Third and Final My dream con my first con i wanted to go to..I can't go no more cause the tickets cost too much and no one will take me no more. My family tells me this cosplay stuff is stupid and I need to focus on reality...for 15yrs of my life they allowed me to dress up for halloween but when i want to do it for a convention where ppl do it all the time they laugh at me and cut my allowance in half so i cant buy nothing..this sucks..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #53691
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkai View Post
ARGH. So I crashed my bike yesterday, this my first day being able to bike to work since the flu knocked me flat. How this relates to cosplay?

I'm going to a mini-con tomorrow.

And I think I sprained my ankle. It was okay yesterday. I was able to complete my ride home and walk a little bit, but today I can barely put any weight on it at all. ARGH.
ICE!
....well actually, RICE! You know, the classic rest, ice, compress, elevate thing. Obviously it won't be completely better tomorrow but you could at least try and keep the damage down. And unfortunately tomorrow you might not be able to do too much walking, but at least it's possible to pose with most of your weight on one leg....

I'm pretty happy. My dad ordered two wigs from Arda for my birthday! But it's a little sad that my entire birthday wishlist is cosplay stuff. And most of that "cosplay stuff" is rhinestones which are MAD EXPENSIVE. I still need to tell my mom which fabric to order...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #53692
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
Well that's good to know that there are still tickets! Hotel and ticket would not be a problem, it's the cost of the plane ride that may be an issue. Lol
But maybe I'll just plan for next year, I'm already planning to go to SDCC next year so why not add Dragon*Con so I can have a summer of epic cons to go to next year
Awesome - if you do go next year, I'll have to keep an eye out for you. Your costumes are amazing

I keep having ideas for costumes. I already have a list of costumes I want to do that will last me for years. I really don't need more. And yet, now I'm drafting up an idea for a Nyan Cat Ball gown.

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #53693
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Trying to figure out which wigs to get during the second part of Arda's sale. I know I'm getting my Duke Devlin wig, but I can't decide on whether to get Friagne or Faust VIII as well.

Oh well, I can always get whichever I don't choose at AUSA.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #53694
Enkai
The Answer is More Gesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
ICE!
....well actually, RICE! You know, the classic rest, ice, compress, elevate thing. Obviously it won't be completely better tomorrow but you could at least try and keep the damage down. And unfortunately tomorrow you might not be able to do too much walking, but at least it's possible to pose with most of your weight on one leg....
Yeah, that's what the doctor said when I went today. I just wish they had crutches to loan. I decided I'm still going; it's good chance to see old friends, and I'm doing a panel. Fortunately, it IS a small con, so there's not much walking to do. I can also try to pose with the wrapped ankle behind me. Fortunately for the costume I'm wearing (the one in my avatar), the exposed leg with the butterfly tattoo is my good leg.

Also fortunately, the tattoo is painted on dance tights. 'Cause yeah, I just noticed I got a bunch of bruises out of the crash too.

Next Events
Fanime 2016
Anime Expo 2016
Enkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #53695
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Damn it, why is it so impossible to find black embroidery floss in this neighborhood? I need just ONE skein; I thought I had enough but my last skein is so old it's disintegrating while I stitch, so I obviously can't keep using it. It's literally ALL I need to finish this pillowcase I'm making. But no store at all in my area that doesn't require a 45-minute or more bus ride has any embroidery floss. Dollar stores don't carry it anymore, the hardware store has some sewing and knitting supplies but no embroidery floss, no crafting or sewing stores in the area despite downtown being a hotpot of shitty overpriced artisan wares... and I'm not wasting $5 of bus fare and half my day to go and buy ONE $1.50 skein at Michael's or Fabricland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #53696
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Hopefully going to JoAnns with my friends today. I need to pick up a long zipper so I can finally get Camellia Luka out of my sight as well as more embroidery thread for myself and possibly satin for the fabric flowers I need to make.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 08-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.
TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #53697
Lady Death
The Sarcastic Bunny Queen

Random question: Is it possible to be into Lolita fashion and be a tomboy at the same time?
Lady Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #53698
Kyuushin
Wakawakawakawaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Death View Post
Random question: Is it possible to be into Lolita fashion and be a tomboy at the same time?
Random answer: yes. Depends on the mood of the day. Sometimes I feel like I wanna be grily and cute, sometimes I wanna be in jeans and a t shirt and throw all the f--cks I give away.
Unread 08-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #53699
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

I've officially made a list of things I need to do before Anime USA:

For Hatori:
I need a new tie,
a new coat,
A new vest if I can find one in grey
and to either find or make a plush white snake to be Ayame

for Lucille:
I need to finish modifying the coat.
I also need to actually BUY the coat first, but I'm having a hell of a time finding one DX And my friend has two white coats. Where does she keep finding them?!

For Gin:
I need a turtleneck
and I need a pipe. Hopefully I can make one that won't set off security.

So yeah. It's really not that much, but it's all mostly Lucille's coat DX
Unread 08-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #53700
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I just figured out what to be for halloween this year. An easy costume that I have aclose-enough wig for and the perfect clothing (I have a lot of black, leather, and plenty of leggings and close-fitting shirts plus a pair of base boots I bought for Quorra but could also be worn before working on them). I like a cyberpunky femme fatale look when it's cool enough outside:P); Molly Millions from Neuromancer. Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier. Now, how do I make it look I have mirror sunglasses attached to my eye sockets and easy-to-detach four-inch razor blades under my fingernails?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote