Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #53896
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Link Link Link is all that's on my mind.

AND DAMNIT EBAY I DON'T WANT LIVE STEEL. GIMME SOMETHING WOOD.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #53897
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

GAH beach vacation why must you tempt my money! I don't want to spend it so I can save it for cosplay stuff, but the beach has a Dairy Queen! DX
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #53898
Kairi's-Fantasy
Excalibur

Porom is almost finished... I just have to figure out how to attach the shoulder armor and... do the wig test (Which I really don't want to do ... I'm so afraid for this wig =.=)

Planned (within a year):
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #53899
xIkuna

Ohmigod- I just got the Hunger Games and I'm watching it for the 3rd time and I really want to cosplay Katniss, Foxface and Effie but I can't- and ohmigod I just really want to. Maybe when Catching Fire comes out...?

Cosplays:
Ino Yamanaka- Naruto Stage Play Live
D.Va- Overwatch
Mistress 9- Sailor Moon

xIkuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #53900
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirayuki~Chan View Post
Ohmigod- I just got the Hunger Games and I'm watching it for the 3rd time and I really want to cosplay Katniss, Foxface and Effie but I can't- and ohmigod I just really want to. Maybe when Catching Fire comes out...?
XD I've wanted to do Katniss since I finished reading the books....but I didn't have a great imaginative visual. -___-

Then the movie came out and I was like, YUUUUSSSSHHHH >3<

Btw, as soon as I got off work (Best Buy) I bought it and acted up in joy. 9.9 lol

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2016 (September 29-October 1st)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
MLP:FiM Rarity: 100% complete
Mortal Kombat Jade: 0% complete
TENTATIVE: TLOK Korra: 0% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #53901
jshields86
Ronat

EEEEK! im getting super excited about my first cos play in a couple of weeks at cragon con. Im cosplaying as Garra with my own hand made gourd and everything! I did my first dry run a couple of days ago and it went very well im happy to say. If any one is going to DC* look out for a Garra with "her" own Anbu body gaurd walking with "her"

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Dr. Suess
jshields86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #53902
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Photo editing...so much photo editing now. I love how they look afterwards, but I've never liked doing it.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #53903
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

If all goes well and I don't blow all my money on stuff at the beach, I should be able to get the stuff to make my snake Ayame plushie, my Duke Devlin vest, and If I'm REALLY lucky, the stuff to do my Pegasus Jacket when my cosplay group hangs out next.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #53904
Talossa
We try hardcore!

Extra hours at work is excellent news for my cosplaying budget, but terrible news for my cosplay-working-on time. Ah well. I'll work on it in winter when things get quiet again. ^^
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #53905
Curucar

Time to look like a dork with a single black chunk in my hair! The only demi-perminant dye that had BLACK has very sketchy reviews. I'm doing a test chunk before I dive in and colour all of my hairs.
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #53906
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

lsfgyusa,fdsafsda back from the obon festival they had in the town an hour away from my place. Was pretty much gone ALL DAY because they postponed it due to a power outage caused by a thunderstorm earlier in the day. So I got some odd looks as I walked the streets in a kimono. At the same time, I got some beaming looks and flattering compliments from the old folks in kimono. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. ... At the same time, several people came up to me thinking I was an employee for the festival when it finally opened. XD Whatever the case, good times were had. Got to see the lanterns floating along the water and got a great view of the fireworks from the cafe balcony in the gardens.

And then when I get home - my Ferrari came. My parents have been looking at me weird the past week because I kept talking about "my Ferrari" and how it should arrive within the week. I never really told them it was a wig. XD Whatever the case, since I'm home incredibly late, I probably won't get a chance to admire it properly until late tomorrow when my panel is done and the niece has gone home. -w-

Whatever the case, being at the Japanese Gardens during Obon has really fired me up. I totally want to keep going forward with Len and get started on Iris (though that won't happen for a while XD ). Len, however, I'm sure can be wearable by the garden's spring festival - perhaps I can even enter him in the contest... but I'm remembering last time and the huge outdoor wait, and I'm not sure I want to handle a costume that adds 30lbs to my own weight in that type of heat. ^^; ... At the same time, I did want a photoshoot of Len there anyways... Ah, I'll think harder on it later. -w-

I've also revamped my cosplay schedule. I'm honestly going to push lady Loki way to the summer. Much as I'd like to have her done by Wizard World's ComicCon Miami, I doubt it's going to happen. I'm just going to take things slowly and not push my luck. I have time - just because I want something now doesn't mean I can't wait for it. Needs vs. wants and all that. So Gakuko, Len, and Rarity take precedence right now... Maybe Iris if the time and funds are available.
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 77%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning

Last edited by Reily96 : 08-19-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #53907
EpicNiss

Working on finding a Girls Generation cosplay as strange as that sounds. Got my Vanille cosplay off my hands, and just purchased a maid cosplay, which I love with allll my heart. But man, my budget is mighty lean for new stuff this year :/
EpicNiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #53908
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I'm so happy to be working on my wings again! Oh the joy! Unfortunately, its a lot of meticulous work and time to correct the issues I've had with the previous designs as well as solve the issues that had plagued my last design. However, with the results I've been getting, I'm extremely pleased.

A lot more work with the drill press which means that more work will be done in my workshop rather than my sewing room.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #53909
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I really need to stop having these weird cosplay dreams ._. this is the second night in the row, and both of them had me without a cosplay, which I was freaking out about xD But it's alright, I was hanging with lalasosu, Hannah (PS's Grell), and Joi (J-o-I-FulCosplay [Not sure if I got the dashes right] on dA) in one and apparently that makes everything better in my head.

Also, Looking into making stuff for cosplay again..just glanced at a few patterns while we were at Walmart the other day (no, if I buy patterns, I will do so at a fabric store) and now my mom expects me to want to make everything x-x I'll definitely have to make something cute for her at first if I do..maybe that cat Ciel from the comic I read, it's all pink and fluffy xD

And I got some extra money the other day since my parents gave my sister a good bit of money so she could get a car. Now I'm debating spending it on one of those Funtom bunny plushies a CosCom member is selling. I would still be able to save enough for the cosplay I want, and I've always wanted one..for those who don't know, the official not-as-fluffy and smaller ones cost $20 more, and I don't doubt commissioning one from someone would be just as much as this. If I wait a bit so I can convince my parents to let me get it, I think I'll get one. (I just can't spend any more than $30 until about November)

And AWA get here while I wanna be Len!!
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 08-19-2012 at 08:48 AM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #53910
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

man, I haven't been here in a while. .___.

Mostly because I haven't had any new cosplay projects lately. I scrapped all my projects for 2012-2013, and can't go to Aki-Con, so my next con won't be until Sakura-Con 2013. stupid college tuition *grumble grumble*

However, good things have happened since SC'12, and it makes me really excited to get back into cosplay. My Diamond Crevasse Sheryl Nome won third place in Kuroneko-Con's cosplay contest, and a friend of mine agreed to do a PSY and HyunA pair cosplay with me at SC'13~~ I've even found the wig I want to use for HyunA already. I'm super excited for this cosplay! <3