Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1095 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #54001
LeekFish
Clow Reader

So, I guess I'm going to SacAnime now! Wasn't expecting to still be in state; my flight back north is the day after the con ends, haha. Luckily I kept Pinkie Pie home for that photoshoot, so I can bring her along; the rest of my costumes are up north in my apartment. Shame that I can't bring Tsubasa Sakura, but oh well. There won't be much space in the car anyways. =u=

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #54002
Talossa
We try hardcore!

Why is it that every time I actually have time to work on my costume, I get sick?
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #54003
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

So since I sleep without a shirt on to bed. I realize. I have a farmer's tan.

>and yet I had planned on cosplaying as Akihiko from P4U soon.
>suddenly, i feel like it would either cost more just to tan or be way too out of my league, but i really want to do it. :<

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #54004
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

My cosplays are being questioned..so i will hide a few from them

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 08-23-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #54005
Lady Death
The Sarcastic Bunny Queen

Last weekend, I looked at the tailoring shops in town and found one that might be able to make a cosplay dress. (The other shops I saw only made university jackets and the like)

I'm glad that my request was accommodated by a kind old lady and that my savings were able to cover for it! (I still have a good amount of change)
I will be able to have my cosplay dress done by the first week of September.

And I finally got my wig back to its former condition after soaking it in a pail of water and some Downy.

However, I have to make the hair bow myself, which means I have to practice stitching one first.
Lady Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #54006
myalchod
reflections and dreams

... looks like I need to fix the waistband on that taffeta skirt of mine and maybe finish putting together the outfit I was going to wear with it. Coworkers really really REALLY want me to wear cosplay in to work on Hallowe'en, and as long as I leave the hoops at my desk I can wear that into the cleanroom without problems.

"Well, why can't you just put it on right before the lunch?"

"Um, guys? Do you have any idea how long this takes to put on ...? >_<;;; "
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #54007
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Gah, it took over an hour to cut out all of the feathers for Konohana's wings. And that's not even all of them either. Just the lighter ones that go around the base. Now I have to modge podge them all. At the rate this is going to take the first one will be dry by the time I finish all of them.

I also ended up spray painting the other side of Saber's sword although it's a bit messier than the other side due to the fact I was doing it quickly cause the mosquitoes were starting to eat me alive. =_=. Hopefully when it dries I can sand the paint down a bit in the bad spots.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #54008
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Second day of workshopping is today. Hats are coming along nicely, actually. Not that I actually did a lot for them, but progress is progress.

I've decided that I'm the kind of person who gets all creatively motivated when I have other people working around me at the same time. But when I have other people around, I get distracted and don't get much done. I'm completely lazy and unmotivated when I'm by myself, but my concentration is stellar, and so if something needs to get done, I advance by leaps and bounds in a single day.

It is kind of an obnoxious predicament to be in. .-.

On the other hand, we decided that my friend is really good at making the bases of costumes because she's dedicated and awesome at sewing from patterns. She just dives in and measures and cuts fabric and sews it together in the same sitting. I'm totally suck at even the simplest of patterns and can't make clothing that looks like clothing; it takes days for me to even make the first fabric cut. On the other hand, I'm thorough and meticulous and spot-on with things like tiny detail work, tediously precise sewing, and taking in things by 2 inches or more and hiding the excess in a seam somewhere. She's impatient and makes a lot of hasty moves, settling for a "good enough" by the end of the sewing session.

And so we've decided that in the future she'll be the one to tackle a lot of the bases for our costumes and I'll be the one to do the final finishings and trims and details.

I rather like this arrangement.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #54009
spiritualizes

God, I really want to start getting to work on my cosplays, but I think I might be jumping the gun - plus school's about to start and I just have to make it to midterms and then I can really get cracking! At some point I'm going to cave.

sakura haruno, shippuden (naruto) 70% | morgiana (magi) 75%

spiritualizes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #54010
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I'm finally committing to my next major project.

I've gotten lazier and lazier over the years and I've taken a lot of detours away from JRock cosplay, but ever since I saw Moi Dix Mois perform live and hear their interpreter whisper excitedly to them about Haunted and got to shake Mana's hand, I've been really inspired and I really wanted to come back to the kind of cosplay that thrills me the most.

I'm going to start on my Myaku Toshiya Remake. The second incarnation of my original dream costume. The costume that I built Haunted to go with.

217 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes, 39 seconds until the Party Starts!

Maybe next year I can start on my Haunted Remake, because my ultimate dream cosplay is pairing Myaku Toshiya with a working, playable Haunted Killer 3epo.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #54011
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I've pretty much drawn up my Max Factory Vn02 Kaito wings and all. However, the current situation with my wings has me worried and curious at the same time. The weight has went up noticeably since upgrading to the new standard which is an 1/8th inch thicker and harder.

I will be testing if the new construction methods will eliminate the need for harder wood in the con, Youma, after the next one, Chicon. The structure will be strictly for my white wings as that is going to be a single day affair. Once the current wing structure has been vetted, I will keep that with my black wings. I will also bring the ACen vetted structure as back up. If there is time, and I believe there is, I will be rebuilding the black wing structs since there was an adjustment on the base level.

So, in the next two months, there'll be definitely one, but possibly two, new wings.

I just want a non-breaking unified structure...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?

Last edited by DarkCloudInc : 08-23-2012 at 01:49 PM.
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #54012
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
I've decided that I'm the kind of person who gets all creatively motivated when I have other people working around me at the same time. But when I have other people around, I get distracted and don't get much done. I'm completely lazy and unmotivated when I'm by myself, but my concentration is stellar, and so if something needs to get done, I advance by leaps and bounds in a single day.

This so much. Odd how hard it is to work alone, but when you have company it's even harder! XD -suffers from this madness herself-

Speaking of working... -stares at staff head that needs paperclaying- Err... I guess I better get to work.

-starts up Anne of Green Gables and gets to work-
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #54013
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Dropped my very first Cosplay...it hurt but I will get though it

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #54014
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

woohoo! FINALLY figured out Quorra's sleeves and finished my mockup shirt.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #54015
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
Dropped my very first Cosplay...it hurt but I will get though it
=( What happened?! Don't say it was the Chun-Li!!! Whyyyy =(

My cosplay rant of the day....

It seems I always have to contact my Yuna commissioner and request progress, rather than them actively giving me updates....-___- Call me high maintenance, but I wouldn't be so irate if it was the other way around....*sigh*

And with school preoccupying my mind right now, when I think about it, I haven't received/requested an update for about two and a half weeks. 9_9 And my deadline is near....TIME TO E-MAIL!

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote