Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1129 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #54031
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Almost done adding the trim to Pegasus' jacket. Watching the Yu-Gi-oh movie while working on it is wonderful motivation.

Aaaaaand I just sewed my own hair to my jacket. Whatisthisidonteven...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-23-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #54032
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Sigh, here I was hoping to be able to go to Miami Comic Con, but I doubt that's going to happen. I probably won't have nearly enough money by the end of this semester to be able to go. As it is, I don't think I'll be able to even buy Gakuko's wig in the next Arda sale - which I suppose is fine, I don't need it till spring... But it's a disappointment. I was hoping to take Melfina out for another spin sometime soon, possibly Zelda. At least I can go to the Zelda concert in Miami...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #54033
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Oh thank goodness, Im finally done with the tedious part of Pegasus' jacket: sewing the bias tape around the collar. Now all I have to do is add the stuff around the cuffs and sew the buttons on the front. That can wait until morning though, since it took longer for me to finish the damn collar than to watch the movie DX
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 08-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #54034
LeekFish
Clow Reader

So it looks like there's a photo of a bedazzled Miku figure that surfaced recently.

Now, I'm not sure when exactly that happened, but come on, I totally did it first.

I now feel the need to one-up this and add even more rhinestones to my fabulous ensemble. Curse my perfectionist, competitive nature. So much for retiring Miku, hahah.

Man I am going to go broke from rhinestones.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #54035
defectedmodel
Android

Getting ready to be Rogue for day 2 of Fan Expo >.<
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #54036
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkai View Post
Just watched Pirates of Penzance for the first time...

And OMG I want to do Angela Lansbury's pirate costume SOOOO BADLY right now. Fortunately, since I'm only 26, I think that's one that can wait a while. BUT IT'S SO AWESOME

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have undeniable proof that I will in fact be cosplaying well into middle age, if not longer.
I know the feeling! I'm planning to do Kevin Flynn's black robes from TRON: Legacy. I figure I have some time to get them finished. Yay for cosplays that work when you're older.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #54037
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Finished my Pegasus Jacket. Hallelujah.
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #54038
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Reading the review thread helps when choosing a Cosplay

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #54039
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Heated craft foam and shaped it for the first time today. I think I was afraid of the flame burning me than the craft foam. I wonder if this will work or should I just use wood or something for the wings on this staff.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #54040
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

uuuuurgh, WHYYYY does Quorra's armour have to have such a ridiculous pattern to it? There's so many fiddly little cuts and pieces and raised sections and seams that overlap the lights and shoulder seams that are on her BACK and a weird collar...... My brain is yelling at me that it's going to strike if I keep trying to make it understand this. X_X
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #54041
Enkai
Spiffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee_Frye View Post
I know the feeling! I'm planning to do Kevin Flynn's black robes from TRON: Legacy. I figure I have some time to get them finished. Yay for cosplays that work when you're older.
Yup! I've got a few of those like that, although the ideas don't always work for both my husband and I. My husband can keep pulling out Walter (Hellsing) for decades so long as he keeps his hair long, but my ability to keep doing Seras probably won't last too long past 30. Similarly, I think my ability to pull off Olivier from FMA (one that's on the kinda-want-to-do list) would be best aided by another 10 years of age. I think my Madame Red one is one I can easily pull off till I'm pushing 40 so long as it still fits.

I know as long it fits, nothing's stopping me from costuming certain characters when I'm older, but it's nice to feel like I'm pulling it off.

Next Events
Minna no Anime Halloween Party
Anime Los Angeles 2013
Animation on Display 2013
Enkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #54042
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Finally got a picture of my finished Pegasus jacket.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3274364/
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #54043
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Crap. Almost forgot to sew up a sleeve onto an undershirt to prevent it from sliding down...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #54044
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Finally bought the third to last piece for Pikachu! Goddddddd. Never again will I style my own wigs or do gijinkas.

But now I just need to get some old Converse and figure out what color the vest should be.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #54045
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Finally got a picture of my finished Pegasus jacket.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3274364/
Oh I likie! ^_^

Gah, my motivation to finish Saber is drifting away on the wind. No, no no. Stop it brain. You cannot lose motivation to work on Saber now. I put way too much effort and money into this already. >_< I know you want me to do Bacterial Contamination instead but I have to finish Saber.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote