Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #54106
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Leave for PAX on Wednesday completely redesign and paint my ODST armor to give it a MLP theme to it.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #54107
defectedmodel
Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragonx View Post
Don't we all. I mean, at least people should have the decency to come and ask, like I did on the Friday. It's a great pic, BTW.

Though in my case, I actually made a joke of it, had my tarot cards spread out and sat down cross-legged so someone could take a pic if they wanted (and a few did).
o.O That's not me lol.

Yeah it's fine if people ask, of course, but if you see that I am half asleep lol.. then.. come back in a minute XD
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #54108
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

oh, Quorra, WHY does your armour/top/bodice thingy have to be so ridiculous? I'm still trying to get the pattern to sit correctly, five hours later. I've cut and pinned and re-sewn and overcut so much on the pattern cloth (when making my own, I use old bedsheets for pattern pieces/mockups) that I probably need to cut a whole new one to alter any more. Largely, I can't get the back and shoulders to sit quite right on me due to me having wide AND rounded shoulders plus a swayback- though the swayback part, I fixed the problem- and the back of the shoulders/first cutaway at the side is both too tight and doesn't match up evenly. Rrrrrrgh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #54109
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by defectedmodel View Post
o.O That's not me lol.

Yeah it's fine if people ask, of course, but if you see that I am half asleep lol.. then.. come back in a minute XD
Hehe, whoops!! Yeah, I found that out earlier today.

Anyway, Fan Expo Canada 2012 has come and gone. While still having some of the same issues as before, I still had a great time with the Doctor Who Society of Canada and a surprising amount of Persona cosplayers this year compared to last. Time to tag and upload some more photos.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #54110
Shana05
Survivor

The Renaissance Faire starts next weekend. I'm working hard to finish up Merida to wear to it. Luckily, the thing goes on for six weeks so I got lots of time. I just need to add the frill to the sleeves and neckline and the dress is done. I want to make her cloak to but I might skip it for the Faire. I'm afraid it will be a little too hot to wear it.

A-Kon 2016: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Rinne ??????
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #54111
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Got the email order confirmation on my Homura costume~

Hopefully it gets here before Aki-Con and doesn't need too much fixing like the Starry Sky uniform. Now to see about socks...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #54112
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Decided to do a bunch of test runs tonight. I tried on most of Takeshi, and by far, MOST COMFORTABLE COSPLAY EVER. Also very happy that Sherlock looks good and Yoh is coming together nicely.
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #54113
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Some people can be really abrasive.

Anyhow, kind of nervous about my first masq but right now, I'm focused on rebuilding my wings again. I should definitely wait to see the results of it being field tested this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerodohi View Post
@Kaylee_Frye: The cosplayer who did the Doctor Who Weeping Angel costume used pantyhose, I think. Sewed them very carefully into gloves, then painted and with fake nails stuck on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another View Post
You'll have to wear the 'gloves' as you paint them and as they dry, or else they will shrink, before gluing on the nails too.

Found $20 knockoff Converse THAT FOLD OVER YAY. Just need to find the fabric, finish America's wig (PROCRASTINATION CAUSE THE WIG SUCKS,) order the coveralls, blacks socks and grab those black knockoffs from Family $$ before I'm completely done with everything.

Oh. And America's glasses.
Yay! I was looking to do this for my demon sebastian next year.
---
Planned Cosplay 2016 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Kazuma Adventurer Pantsu Thief [Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku]
Anime Expo: Fri-Gathering host!
Power Persona Q version [Shin Megami Tensei]
Anime Expo: Sat
Chaos Dirge of Cerberus [FF7]
Anime Expo: Sun
Tuxedo Mask [Sailor Moon]
Anime Expo: Mon

Last edited by DarkCloudInc : 08-26-2012 at 10:57 PM.
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #54114
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Decided for my friend's birthday, I'd take a string of old plastic pearls I had, paint them blue and give them to her for her cosplay of Anna from Shaman King.

Yeah, that was around 3 hours ago and I'm still not done. And I have Blue paint all over my fingers. Fun DX
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #54115
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Planning things for my Sora and Luigi cosplays.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #54116
Kanno
Lost In Translation

Cleaning an astonishing amount of fake blood off my Dilandau costume after a stage performance. Who'd have thought a little glob of red face paint could migrate from the face to the wig to the shoulder to the front and then somehow to the leg?
Kanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #54117
defectedmodel
Android

I'm going to try to take a break from cosplay for a few weeks ;_; gotta redo my portfolio and find a new job. Le sigh.
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #54118
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I give up! I was going to wait until I got back from Dragon*Con to make the 'gloves' for Death. But I can't stop thinking about it and how awesome it would be to have them for Dragon*Con. I need something to help me stay up late tomorrow night anyway. Why not let it be making the 'gloves'?
I think I'm going to stop by Target at lunch and get some tights and see if I can find some fake nails that will work on me. I have some at home, but they curve too much and I need this to look as real as I can. Also, if I do this right, I can get away without wearing the jacket if it's too warm. That is a concern being in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend.

2016 Plans: MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #54119
Cynamin
Crafty Geek

My husband is my awesome Cosplay problem solver.

Last year just before Dragon*Con he found me the perfect shoes for my Harley Quinn and a shirt for last minute Amy Pond.

This year, he figured out how to make my Irulan hat using pleated blinds.

Which means I will get that costume done in time, and with less hairpulling than I thought. Yay awesome sweetie!
Cynamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #54120
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Gah. So I wake up this morning, excited to see my Pascal's staff since it would be finished drying and all...and the wings bent over while it was drying. I really have no idea how it happened since it was stiff before. So now I'm throwing on more glue and modge podge and hoping it fixes the problem.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote