Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 869 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #54211
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragonx View Post
There's always Ochiba-con (formely Northern Anime Festival) in late September and *shudders* December Toronto Anime Convention (DTAC).
Mmmmm....winter convention.....that sounds pleasant. <3 I have often wondered what it would be like to be cold while in costume. Perhaps an excuse, if I actually need one, to make Red Riding Hood and her epic cape of epicness.

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #54212
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Mmmmm....winter convention.....that sounds pleasant. <3 I have often wondered what it would be like to be cold while in costume. Perhaps an excuse, if I actually need one, to make Red Riding Hood and her epic cape of epicness.
I just want to warn you, there's a reason why I shuddered and it wasn't because of the cold.

I wasn't there, but I heard last year's DTAC was poorly booked in part because of a double booking with a hunting convention and in part the MTCC staff severely limiting where DTAC goers could be at the convention centre. So I'd be weary of DTAC.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #54213
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Got Pikachu's vest fabric, just need the shoes and I'm done!

Meanwhile, America is still at a dead end. Might just move his mechanic outfit to Wasabi and use the sweater vest one for NDK.

GAH IT'S SO CLOSE AND HIS WIG IS STILL HORRIBLE.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #54214
Vault21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
A winter one would actually be nice for me. I go to Anime Central in the spring, but most of the characters I'd like to dress as have coats, or a similar layered style that's way too warm for Spring. Wish I had thought to do one of those cosplays when the convention was in April this year.
Vault21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #54215
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

I've been tempted to go to Katsucon, which is local to me, and in winter. It would allow for some interesting costume options, and make layering more tolerable. But I have no desire to drive in a potential blizzard in this area - I seem to remember one of our great storms in recent years overlapping with the convention.

Tonight I started stitching the bias tape around the bodice of my Pinkie Pie costume. By hand. Because I can't fit the boned corsety thing through my poor sewing machine. Over about an hour, I managed to do 5 inches worth of stitches, about 3/4 of the way up the back edge.

And then, like the lunatic I am, I decided I'll mask the edge of the bias tape with a rope of embroidery. Yeah... if I'm lucky, I'll actually finish this thing before Dragon*Con next year.

Convention Line-Up: BronyCon 2013 - Dragon*Con 2013
Eris (Female Discord, MLP:FiM), Casual Gala Pinkie Pie (MLP:FiM)
The 10th Doctor, blue suit variation (DW), Queen Mab's Party Dress (Dresden Files: Cold Days), Party Pirate Pinke Pie

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #54216
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friend helped me pick an outfit of Kaito from Fairy Cube's to wear at Katsucon. The only problem is...The version is from Volume one when his hair was much shorter than it is in the later volumes.

...and I noticed he has weird bangs that crop right below his ears. So I'm going to need a whole new Kaito wig. Oh friggin' joy DX
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #54217
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Well, that was about two hours of my life sacrificed for cosplay. Apparently giving into my right side of my brain's incessant demands that I cosplay Red from OuaT has caused me to hunt down and print off pattern lineart, screenshots and photograph items I already own that will work for this costume, before glueing them into a new 5 subject notebook.

Why I am never this organized in everything else in my life, I will never know. At least I can carry this with me, for when I see x fabric on sale for x costume I can purchase it, because I will have all the quantities on hand regardless if I am actively looking.

The only question remains as to the identity of the remaining 4 tabs in the book.

@bluedragonx - Noted. Thanks for the heads up.

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #54218
Shirayuki~Chan

Gosh darn-it. Homestuck updates, new characters are introduced and suddenly I want to cosplay one. *sigh* Me and my switchy-cosplay self >.> I have to think this one through... *doublesigh*

Cosplays:
Daenerys Targaryen- Game of Thrones
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Tharja- Fire Emblem: Awakening

Shirayuki~Chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #54219
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Went through my old clothes to weed out the ones I want to donate and I found a pretty red sparkly tank top and a black furry vest. Huh, wasn't expecting that. I kept them cause I might be able to use them for a gijinka or something.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #54220
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Almost. Done. Just some touch-ups.

This commission took SO MUCH LONGER than I expected. But I'm happy because my customer is happy. :3

Next con: Yaoi Con (Burlingham, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #54221
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Found a new Kaito wig online. Hopefully I'll be able to get it from the website's booth at Anime USA so my friend can style it.

Now I'm really excited to cosplay Kaito again.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #54222
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

I really hope the duct tape holds up. Had absolutely no time to adjust the thigh strappings
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #54223
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I never knew how hard it would be to find a picture of the back of Roman greaves . -_- I need to know how Romans attached them for Saber. Some pictures have them as belt buckle sort of things but those looked pretty modern.

Now I'm not even sure if I should be making one or two greaves. It seems like there was usually only one worn on the left leg since the right was usually protected by a shield. In the one ref image, it shows only her left leg which does have a greave on it so that's accurate. However, the higher officers apparently did have greaves on both legs which is making me wonder whether to make two or one. -_-

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 08-31-2012 at 10:54 AM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #54224
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Due to low funds I had to drop going to a con and go to another. ;(

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #54225
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Realizing that wig you bought for cheap from another coscom user- which you planned to use for a character that requires serious cutting and styling- is absolutely gorgeous, thick, beautiful, and realistic, and the color and length is perfect for another character you want to cosplay, but she doesn't have bangs and the wig does, so you might as well just cut and style it anyways.

Man, I'm going to hate myself for cutting this beautiful wig.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt

Last edited by ShadowDrac : 08-31-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Pfft, lol, that gif is huge. XD
ShadowDrac is online now   Reply With Quote