Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #54331
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

I'm soo close to finishing Eternal Sailor Moon. I'm happy with the results, so far!

Gaah the con is next month, so damn excited! I've prepared a lot for this, and for once, I'm not panicking!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #54332
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by defectedmodel View Post
can't decide whether or not to cosplay for a small con coming up...
Maybe I can just change there... hmmmm...
I'm assuming you're talking about Ochiba-con. I haven't decided whether to go or not.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #54333
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocle_Complex View Post
Had the opportunity to be featured in another Cosplay website again and I noticed something. All the women interviewed all say that they're models, actresses, fashion designers, bio-engineers blah blah blah [insert list of more impressive job titles here]. Am I the only one that's unemployed and poor? D:

So put out the awful truth regarding dirt-poor finances, how I've sold most things I love just so I can afford cosplay costumes and the editor cut all those parts out. :| I guess people just want to live in the fabricated reality when it comes to some people's bummer lifestyles.
That is just rude. There are so many more of us out there who go broke for cosplay than the others. They should have left that in. It's just as important.

Last night I listened to this little voice that introduced itself as sanity. Right now I'm taking 3 classes in the evenings on top of work. I figure this is probably going to be standard for the next two years. And considering, at least for me, work and classes are more important than costumes. I've decided to just set Ten's blue suit aside until I can afford to have it properly made. I've got my Fangirl for next year, so I'll be good for the anniversary. I'm a little sad because I really want to get that suit done, but I want to have it done properly. Now I need to figure out what, if anything, is going to replace it.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)

Last edited by Pirogoeth05 : 09-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #54334
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Awww yeah, I'm at the hotel in Tampere right now with friends, waiting for Tracon to start tomorrow! SO EXCITED! >8D

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #54335
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Since I have no school today, I've been editing and uploading all my recent cosplay pictures...so tedious!
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #54336
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Holy crap, I just made myself a Millennium eye out of a bottle cap and some clay. Granted it it's the wrong color since I didn't have any gold clay and I used a soda bottle cap so it juts way out from my face, but I did it more to see if it was actually possible and it is!

Maybe with a smaller bottle cap, I may have actually found a way to make this crazy thing...getting it to stay on my face though, that'll be the hard part.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #54337
Curucar

How to look like a crazy person: go to Walmart at 10pm and only buy embroidery floss and cat food. I'm stuck in con meetings tomorrow and didn't realize that I was out of embroidery floss until tonight. The Sabriel nightmares have already began. I'm working on that surcoat whenever I'm sitting.
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #54338
booklover67

It's my birthday!!!! I'm actually really happy about that this year even though I usually hate birthdays just because I am so in love with where I am physically, emotionally, and mentally =D I have such amazing friends, am going to the perfect school for me, and am generally just so incredibly happy. Oh and I have awesome multicolored tips in my hair!! SO much happy yayness!

On a cosplay note, I really want to be working on my next cosplay right now to start off the year right, but I should really just go to bed! We will see how I decide =D

For the Future:
Akari Mizunashi from ARIA
Yuuko from xxxHolic (duct tape)
Erza Scarlet (Heaven's Wheel Armour) from Fairy Tail
D from Vampire Hunter D (very far future...)
booklover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #54339
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
That is just rude. There are so many more of us out there who go broke for cosplay than the others. They should have left that in. It's just as important.
Agreed. And the thing is I probably wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, but I did because I wanted to tell the other side of what it's like being short-budgeted and being a cosplayer. For whatever reason the guy ended up cutting out that part of the footage. The interview in general was meant to be light hearted, so maybe it was just too much of a bummer. I dunno.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #54340
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Out of boredom I looked up different brocade fabrics that I could possibly use for Ophelia and dang, the fabrics are expensive. 0_0. Like...$15 a yard. Dang. Unless I can find at least, one or two of the colors I need for cheaper, it looks like this cosplay might not end up happening. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #54341
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Sometimes being over-inspired is as bad as not feeling any motivation - I want to work on so many projects and I haven't yet bought material for any of them because of my indecisiveness! Eventually I'll have to make a choice, but it's so difficult.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #54342
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

I'm officially finished the Noroi/Curse song. I'm pretty happy with it, but I think it could have sounded a bit better =/ Oh well.
So with that done, I'm thinking that on the 14th I can start working on Rin's dress, since I have a P.A day. (A P.A day on the second week of school already? SWEEEEET!)
I'd like to finish Rin's dress early, anyway.
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls - Original "post-disaster"/"geared up" ver.)

Planned for 2015:
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts - Steampunk)
Fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)

Last edited by Kairi's-Fantasy : 09-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #54343
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Sooooo.... Guess who burned a toonie sized hole through the lining of her dress? Me! Me!
Do you know how fast acetate lining melts? FAST. REALLY FAST.

But did I get angry? Well, yes. But did I get violent and flip the ironing board over and swear to all the gods of the known universe? No. I did not. I merely applied a terrible patch to it and then found a bag of potato chips and a soft couch to sulk upon.

I like potato chips.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #54344
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

It's amazing. I come home from Dragon*Con and get completely inspired. Last night I sat down and straightened out my Miho wig. I love Arda! Just my little straightener and patience and it's completely straight. I just have to do a little trimming and teasing and it will be ready to go. So happy right now!

Today I sat down and painted the pocket of GIR's hoodie, got the first layer of DON'T PANIC on the cover of my Guide. I also ordered GIR's goggles, which should arrive on Wednesday. Yay! Tonight I'm going to work on layer two and maybe get some more work done on Miho's wig.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #54345
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Picked up some fabric for Zelos' pants, and then found the separates for Hatori Sohma.

Should also get my group's Sac Anime photos up soon.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote