Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1521 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #54331
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
That is just rude. There are so many more of us out there who go broke for cosplay than the others. They should have left that in. It's just as important.
Agreed. And the thing is I probably wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place, but I did because I wanted to tell the other side of what it's like being short-budgeted and being a cosplayer. For whatever reason the guy ended up cutting out that part of the footage. The interview in general was meant to be light hearted, so maybe it was just too much of a bummer. I dunno.

Anime Detour 2015:
ē Cat Mask Spider Splicer [40% Complete]
ēNew Batman Returns Catwoman [30% Complete]

Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #54332
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Out of boredom I looked up different brocade fabrics that I could possibly use for Ophelia and dang, the fabrics are expensive. 0_0. Like...$15 a yard. Dang. Unless I can find at least, one or two of the colors I need for cheaper, it looks like this cosplay might not end up happening. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #54333
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Sometimes being over-inspired is as bad as not feeling any motivation - I want to work on so many projects and I haven't yet bought material for any of them because of my indecisiveness! Eventually I'll have to make a choice, but it's so difficult.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #54334
Kairi's-Fantasy
Excalibur

I'm officially finished the Noroi/Curse song. I'm pretty happy with it, but I think it could have sounded a bit better =/ Oh well.
So with that done, I'm thinking that on the 14th I can start working on Rin's dress, since I have a P.A day. (A P.A day on the second week of school already? SWEEEEET!)
I'd like to finish Rin's dress early, anyway.

Planned (within a year):
Steampunk Kairi (Kingdom Hearts II)
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)

Last edited by Kairi's-Fantasy : 09-08-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #54335
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Sooooo.... Guess who burned a toonie sized hole through the lining of her dress? Me! Me!
Do you know how fast acetate lining melts? FAST. REALLY FAST.

But did I get angry? Well, yes. But did I get violent and flip the ironing board over and swear to all the gods of the known universe? No. I did not. I merely applied a terrible patch to it and then found a bag of potato chips and a soft couch to sulk upon.

I like potato chips.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #54336
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

It's amazing. I come home from Dragon*Con and get completely inspired. Last night I sat down and straightened out my Miho wig. I love Arda! Just my little straightener and patience and it's completely straight. I just have to do a little trimming and teasing and it will be ready to go. So happy right now!

Today I sat down and painted the pocket of GIR's hoodie, got the first layer of DON'T PANIC on the cover of my Guide. I also ordered GIR's goggles, which should arrive on Wednesday. Yay! Tonight I'm going to work on layer two and maybe get some more work done on Miho's wig.

2015 Plans: Ohayocon, MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #54337
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Picked up some fabric for Zelos' pants, and then found the separates for Hatori Sohma.

Should also get my group's Sac Anime photos up soon.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime (possibly Kraken Con and other small local things?)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #54338
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Okay... so it's at least looking like a dress now. Bad news is I can't find my zipper. Nor do I have an invisible zipper foot for my machine. So, fabricland tomorrow to pick up a new zipper, because after tearing the house apart and finding nothing, I figure I will gladly spend the $3 for the peace of mind.

The invisible zipper foot on the other hand....I'll have to special order one for the future, but for the moment I am S.O.L. Can one install an invisible zipper with a standerd zipper foot? Especially when one has never installed even a normal zipper before?

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #54339
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

So. One of my cosplay members found this xxxHolic artbook photo and casually said, "That's so pretty! I'd be Himawari if you guys did this cosplay!"

Cue me, a Watanuki cosplayer, hearing that I could have my very own Himawari, perking up immediately. I asked Eau de Decus if he would be interested in another Yuuko cosplay, to which he replied, "Like you even have to ask."

So now this is planned for Fanime. :3
My handmade fandom plush

Unread 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #54340
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

According to my sewing book, no, you can't put an invisible one in with a normal zipper foot. You can hand-stitch an invisible zipper in, however.
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #54341
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Pretty pleased that I finally have a good full-body shot of Pinkie Pie! The dress is pinned up a bit so that I'd be able to walk and hold my bag and not have to keep picking up my dress (it's extra long to accommodate the heels I have available to switch out for shoots), but you can hardly tell. Yay!

Discussed BRS Beast with my Strength a bit and we agreed that perhaps pleather would not be the best fabric to work with, so I'll be taking that back to Joann's tomorrow in favor of some different stuff. Ah well. I'm sure the other fabric we have in mind will be cheaper and easier to work with in addition to looking better in the end. c:

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #54342
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
So. One of my cosplay members found this xxxHolic artbook photo and casually said, "That's so pretty! I'd be Himawari if you guys did this cosplay!"

Cue me, a Watanuki cosplayer, hearing that I could have my very own Himawari, perking up immediately. I asked Eau de Decus if he would be interested in another Yuuko cosplay, to which he replied, "Like you even have to ask."

So now this is planned for Fanime. :3
Haha, all you be missing is a Domeki then. 8D Congrats on finding your Himawari! I am super excited for you! HEHE! :3

Next cons: Anime Detour, Anime Central, Anime Expo
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #54343
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Pretty pleased that I finally have a good full-body shot of Pinkie Pie! The dress is pinned up a bit so that I'd be able to walk and hold my bag and not have to keep picking up my dress (it's extra long to accommodate the heels I have available to switch out for shoots), but you can hardly tell. Yay!
Yay, congrats on the Full Body! Your Pinkie Pie looks extra awesome!

That reminds me that some of my cosplays don't have full body photos. 8D I should really get to it. >> Well, we'll see. Too busy with gathering materials for new cosplays. >>

Unread 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #54344
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
Haha, all you be missing is a Domeki then. 8D Congrats on finding your Himawari! I am super excited for you! HEHE! :3
We actually have one! He just kind of listened to us planning this without saying much. We asked his opinion and he just said, "Sure, whatever."

Pretty much what we expected.
My handmade fandom plush

Unread 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #54345
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
We actually have one! He just kind of listened to us planning this without saying much. We asked his opinion and he just said, "Sure, whatever."

Pretty much what we expected.
8D BWAHAHA! That's totally awesome! Please totally get pictures when you all are at Fanime with your done cosplay pieces. :3 I want to see! I'm sure it would be super epic! <3