Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #54436
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Watching videos on making Sora's shoes from crocs! Also still looking for bleach robes for Rangiku

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #54437
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I guess I officially just gave up NYCC for school and ballet and sleep (not that I need it yet).

I really hope that my mom lets me go to at least ONE con this year. School year.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #54438
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Just sold my Sebastian cosplay! That means I can proceed with what I need to buy to complete my present one.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #54439
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I had the weirdest dream last night, in which Deidara from Naruto popped out of the floor in my school cafeteria, styled my hair like his, and disappeared.

...NO! BAD COSPLAY-LOVING BRAIN! TURN OFF NOW! DX
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #54440
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Right before I left my dorm to go home, a package came in with the skirt for Heroine. Uh yeah, it was way too long and it was a lot less brown that I thought it would be. -_- I didn't have time to try it on and stuff so I guess when I go back on Tuesday, I'll roll it up and see if the skirt looks really odd with the jacket. It shouldn't though since the skirt just BARELY peeks out from under the jacket so the color shouldn't matter much.....hopefully.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #54441
eebee

As usual, after the first hour or so of tedious detailing, I find myself wondering why I care so much about these costumes. xD

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #54442
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Watching more tutorials tonight. The more you learn the better

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #54443
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I like how I was planning on just relaxing and doing nothing on this little break at home. Nope. Ended up running down to the basement and cutting out the last set of Konohana Sakuya's feathers I needed along with coating all of the other feathers in one layer of hard coat modge podge. I'm really hoping this will get the feathers stiff enough to keep their shape.

Quote:

Unread 09-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #54444
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I went to Savors today and got a ton of stuff. I was considering doing a Tohma Seguchi cosplay for a yaoi convention starting in Kansas City this January. I found the perfect jacket for it there so it's a go. He has the same hair as Alois so I don't need to get a new wig for it.

Also they put a bunch of Halloween stuff out and I got a lot of pieces for Alice. I found a pair of long black gloves and some fingerless red gloves. I was originally planning to just get black gloves as the ones she wears with her Royal Suit dress confused me. Wearing the red fingerless gloves over them makes them look more like the ones in the game. I also got a knife and cleaver to mod into the vorpal blade and vorpal cleaver.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #54445
Holierthanthou
Haku Strider

My mom is having someone who works at the theatre with her help make my Russia coat, but the problem is she's trying to make the fabric a darker brown than what I need ; ~ ; I'm very happy about the help, it's just that she has the theatre mentality of "if it's close enough no one will care" and not the cosplayer "I would like to be accurate to the character" mentality. I also would be SO not happy if Russia's coat was a dark brown and not the light beige that it is... I'm kinda stressing out about it, since I want this to be a REALLY good cosplay. Russia's my favourite character, and I want this to be the cosplay I'm super proud of and if the coat was dark brown it'd kinda kill me a bit on the inside.

Also there's this one girl I kinda hate that thinks she's best friends with me and thinks that I'm gonna take her to the con with me >.<
Russia-APH (FINISHED), Dave Strider- Homestuck (FINISHED), Terezi Pyrope- Homestuck (FINISHED), Feferi Peixes- Homestuck (FINISHED), Sherlock Holmes- Sherlock (FINISHED), Cecil Palmer- Welcome to Night Vale (FINISHED), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (99% Done), Cicero- Skyrim (30% Done)

Facebook ~ Tumblr ~ Deviantart
Holierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #54446
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I just realized that I forgot to upload the few pictures I got from Otakon on here. Oops. I'll work on that.
I was about to head out to get the majority of my fabric since I have a long weekend without much more than auditions going on but the dance store was closing and I realized most of my coupons are for Sunday. So I guess I'll be buying stuff for my Halloween costume on Sunday.
But I'm done pleating and have cut out the panty. Since I only have a few alterations to make on the panty, this should be a bit easier. The only alterations I have to make are to make it smaller, so it shouldn't be an issue. I don't think.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #54447
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Drew out the final emblem thing along with about half of the border design. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to freehand the rest of them since I stopped drawing it on cause it was so boring. Plus I only had half a sheet worth of design and had to keep moving it. I really wish I brought the embroidery supplies back with me so I can get started on that to see if I'm able to do it. >_<

Quote:

Unread 09-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #54448
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Homura costume is heeeerrreee~!

And it looks damn good for the $80 I paid for it. Took 3 weeks total to arrive from the day I ordered it.

Things I need to fix:
How the insanely high collar fits
Mod the skirt so it sits lower and looser so I flash less people...
Replace the ridiculously obvious zippers and their bright shiny pull tabs with ones that blend in more. A lot more.

Things I need to do to complete the costume:
Buy and mod a headband
Figure out the tights

I... might make tights. Out of lycra or something. Because my other option is screenprinting the purple diamond designs onto tights while I'm wearing them, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about sewing geometric designs onto stretchy fabric.

And I'm nixing the high heels. Because this is my "I'm going to a super small con and I want something I can flop on the floor in and derp around with friends in" costume and heels are a no go. I don't go to Aki-Con to show off my magnificent craftsmanship, I go to have a good time hanging out with my friends.

Sakura-Con is for showing off, and speaking of which, I have to get a move on with that kimonooooooo. D:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #54449
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Why does the 2 bigger Wal-mart stores I stopped by today not sell fabric :/ Need to check my Hobby Lobby and Joann...
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #54450
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Plan for tonight:

~ Send in an order and more or less say goodbye to all my moneys
~ Style at least two wigs
~ Make a list of everything my group needs to buy tomorrow when we run errands

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote