Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #54496
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Lol, found my baby blue color fabric today at a Wal-mart, but it was sort of late at night and no one was around to cut it for me :/ I ended up just leaving it, but I'll eventually get it. I have until November anyways
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #54497
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Ugh. Facebook just locked my cosplay account and I'm a bit tired of this. But I kinda don't really give a shit.
It's just that I don't know where to put any of my random cosplay related progress and babbling. And I don't want a fanpage because I like having actual friends and getting notifications when people comment on things I comment on and such.
Aw, I'm sorry! Our group had that happen about a year ago. D: We started a fanpage, mostly because FB is rather nice for cosplay ramblings that don't always fit here or on dA. I'd recommend getting a fanpage - it's not really about "omg i'm an interwebz celebrity" so much as an outlet for direct interaction with fans of the same medium.

It really is worth it for the most part - at least in our opinion. Just a pain to get it going after an account is shut down. If you have an iPhone, there is a separate app for Facebook Pages, which is a really easy mobile option to keep your personal and page accounts separate. It might be the same for Android users, but I'm not sure.

In any case, good luck! :3

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #54498
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibierwin View Post
Very, VERY happy with my progress this weekend. Not only was I able to finish Panty's gun, but I was able to go out and buy the right color of thread for Yoh and buy what I need to make my homemade binder!!!

Also a little public service announcement. Target is selling fashion glasses (aka non prescription/clear lense) in their $1 section. I saw that they had black, turquoise, and red. Just in case anyone needed a cheap pair.
VERY helpful, thanks, I'm looking for a cheap pair of red frames for my Rarity cosplay!
Friday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (awakened Junketsu) (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Kraehe (rehearsal outfit) (Princess Tutu)

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (20%)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #54499
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Yup. Been roped into a second cosplay group also debuting at Fanime. This is definitely going to be a busy year.

But hey, we have a full group! Honestly, that always seems to be impossible. And I'm happy that everyone liked my idea. RPG-themed MLP group, here I come! xD

Now... where does one find a good rainbow wig? OTL There's this one that I've seen that is short hair with some black in it as well, but I can't seem to find it online anywhere. Ffffffffffuuuu...
The Five Wits has a full short rainbow wig, no black in it like Arda's.
www.thefivewits.net
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #54500
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Planning a Loveless group cosplay, start looking for props and accessories, check amazon.com recommendations a day later...

Wait, WHAT.

Ahaha...suggestive.

Unread 09-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #54501
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Aw, I'm sorry! Our group had that happen about a year ago. D: We started a fanpage, mostly because FB is rather nice for cosplay ramblings that don't always fit here or on dA. I'd recommend getting a fanpage - it's not really about "omg i'm an interwebz celebrity" so much as an outlet for direct interaction with fans of the same medium.

It really is worth it for the most part - at least in our opinion. Just a pain to get it going after an account is shut down. If you have an iPhone, there is a separate app for Facebook Pages, which is a really easy mobile option to keep your personal and page accounts separate. It might be the same for Android users, but I'm not sure.

In any case, good luck! :3
Thanks! I'm strongly considering making a page just because that was the second time and I like facebook......I'm just not a fan (pun intended) of making a fanpage because like having "friends."
Or--let me ask you this--what's the difference between having an account and a page? I liked having all these random people on my newsfeed and getting notifications when people comment on other people's statuses that I had also commented on. Aside from the fact that I as well as others said that having a fanpage feels a little attention-whore-ish...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #54502
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Thanks! I'm strongly considering making a page just because that was the second time and I like facebook......I'm just not a fan (pun intended) of making a fanpage because like having "friends."
Or--let me ask you this--what's the difference between having an account and a page? I liked having all these random people on my newsfeed and getting notifications when people comment on other people's statuses that I had also commented on. Aside from the fact that I as well as others said that having a fanpage feels a little attention-whore-ish...
I totally agree with the "attention-whore" feel that a fanpage can carry, but really, I feel that it's rather evolved beyond that - mostly because Facebook hasn't given a cosplayer account any other option. I was a bit wary at first, but I've learned that a fanpage is - in my opinion, of course - a pretty useful tool.

A fanpage is very similar to a regular account, except the major difference of letting people "like" your page instead of friending you. You're still able to interact with those who interact with you, as well as pages that your page likes. I find that a lot of the people my group interacted with are still very active with the fanpage, so I'm still able to keep up with con friends. Fanpages also allow you to "like" back other fanpages, so your feed can be as narrowly cosplay or as personally wide as you'd like.

I love dA, Coscom, and Facebook for very different reasons, but I find that FB allows for a more casual interaction for day-to-day posts.

Unread 09-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #54503
Lady Death
The Sarcastic Bunny Queen

Wow...I haven't been on here for quite a while!

Just got my costume about two weeks ago, but the tie...I have to find a better tie for my cosplay.
All I have left to do are the swords.
Lady Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #54504
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
The Five Wits has a full short rainbow wig, no black in it like Arda's.
www.thefivewits.net
Dang it I keep forgetting about Five Wits, thank you! xD But I feel like the one Arda has would suit my design better; how does one find it though? I can't see it on their site anywhere. OTL

EDIT: Oh pfff found it wow I feel silly. Noooooo why is it out of stoooooooock?! OTL

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%

Last edited by LeekFish : 09-17-2012 at 09:10 AM.
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #54505
Kiichigo

On the topic of fb, dA and such - today I deleted my deviantart account and it feels wonderful. My interest in cosplay in going down the drain, especially because 1) I no longer have many options for photoshoots and 2) I simply cannot find any characters that I want to cosplay.

But seeing all these fab cosplayers on dA constantly working was giving me all these feeling of not keeping up with the speed that cosplay in Denmark is growing with so I decided to let go. I was much happier when I had just started cosplaying anyway
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #54506
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Slowly starting to get back into making things but then again school and filming is taking up so much of my time. But at least filming is almost done....

Cannot believe I got my smartgun just not looking forward to buying the rig for it. Grrr need to save money up for that.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #54507
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Planning a Loveless group cosplay, start looking for props and accessories, check amazon.com recommendations a day later...

Wait, WHAT.

Ahaha...suggestive.

It seems like there are more and more people planning Loveless groups and such. My former roommate already has long dark blonde hair so I asked her to be my Soubi. It just sucks that she won't be able to go with me to Kollision Con.

I need to stop watching Anime for a little while and just focus on the two cosplays I plan on doing for Kollision. I got talked into doing Aya Hoshino for Kollision Con. Then my other friend wants me to be the Panty to her Stocking.

I only have so much moneys to spend before I am broke and then I can't go.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #54508
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Back from vacation (which was awesome). Promptly smacked in the face by work deadlines (hello, OT) and possible new termite infestation at home (get to call the pest guys today, ugh). Suspect universe of conspiring against me getting anything done on cosplay. T___________________T And I need to work on Therese for AV too, damn it.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #54509
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Well, at least according to a lot of people on dA, it seems I did a good job on my G.I.R. goggles. I just hope they work well while in costume.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #54510
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Seriously. >_< I'm still planning Ophelia right now. What the heck brain? Can't you focus on the cosplays that need attention right now? Like Pascal who still needs pretty much everything? I relented with possibility cosplaying Kyouko if I find a turquoise jacket that works for her.

I think I'll just make Marie's accessories today...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote