Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 264 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #54601
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Ahh D: I hate when life tries to send signals like that q-q Don't worry, if it's really meant to be, something will fall into place! (This sounds like I'm giving you relationship advice...well, basically, cosplay is one of the cruelest lovers you can have...)
XD Yes, yes it is. Why cruel world why?

My nana said when the wig comes back in stock though, I can get it on her, so that's nice. And I'm going to get my Lab coat probably next week

I'm mostly upset that I can't win the bet I had with my friend that if I come to school on Halloween as Faust, he'd write One Direction a fan letter. DX Oh well, maybe for spirit week >) This cosplay is happening, no matter what. I've already invested money and time into buying a skeleton and making a scythe, so it is happening eventually.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #54602
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Welp, my RPG-themed MLP group is still in the design phase. My Rarity and I are currently collaborating on designs for each and every one of us in an attempt to figure out a cohesive, "group" look, since having everyone working individually hasn't been going particularly well. And since our group has been growing a bit, that means 10 designs to do. @A@; Rrrgh... And I have prints to work on for Sakura Con, too...

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #54603
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
On my end, I am excited. I didn't realize how easily I can cosplay from Persona 3 now that I have a fake gun to mold into an Evoker. Though I still need to ask gf about the cosplays we were going to do together...since I'm not sure if I can buy her Lizzie wig for her or not. I hope I can somehow, that's a couple cosplay I've always (secretly) wanted to do. And then Garry would be nice, once I find someone to make the coat for me, though I dunno if she's still doing Ib or not. Then there's still Aoki, and now I'm really fond of IA's design...
TOO MANY COSPLAYS, SO LITTLE EVERYTHING QnQ
*inserts persona comment as we already talked about this on fb but I need to make a comment* I approve! XD Also I love IA's design. I just wish her hair wasn't that weird white/blond/pink color. I don't think my skin tone would work well with that light of a color.

The brain bun I bought from Arda already shipped. 0_0. Wow. I knew they were fast but...that was FAST! I also finished the middle design on the shawl. Only the border left! Let's do this! Or start this...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #54604
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
*inserts persona comment as we already talked about this on fb but I need to make a comment* I approve! XD Also I love IA's design. I just wish her hair wasn't that weird white/blond/pink color. I don't think my skin tone would work well with that light of a color.

The brain bun I bought from Arda already shipped. 0_0. Wow. I knew they were fast but...that was FAST! I also finished the middle design on the shawl. Only the border left! Let's do this! Or start this...
Probably not. Thankfully I am ghostly pale, so light blonde looks fine on me xD I seriously had her hair color (and length) when I was young.
Besides, I'd just go with a light blonde when cosplaying her. The white just looks odd, and the pinkish usually clashes horribly with a cosplayer's skin tone or her skirt.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #54605
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Almost done with the bias tape on Kohaku's vest. I've gotten the weird rectangle-looking thing around the buttons done, so I just need to do the other side of the collar and along the bottom. Then that'll be one less thing I have to do for this cosplay, and I'm getting my fake guns hopefully next week.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #54606
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Yay! I finally went shopping and bought most of what I need. I'm still a little bummed Joann Fabrics didn't have the lame', because the only place I've found what I needed is Etsy, where it's going to be $12 to ship a few yards of the flimsiest fabric EVER.

Quote:
brain bun
Teehee!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #54607
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Teehee!
There's a joke here that I'm not getting. XD

*throws shawl and other embroidery thing across the room* This border is not working. It is not working at all. I cannot get the lines right and it looks stupid and argh! I hate it. I even edited it a bit to see if I could do an altered version of it but ugh. It looks like crap. >_< I wanted to do the whole shawl by hand with embroidery but this is not working. I think I'll just sleep on it and try again tomorrow but the way it is going, it looks like I'm going to need to find some trim that will work.

Quote:

Unread 09-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #54608
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
There's a joke here that I'm not getting. XD
A brain bun or braid bun? Unless you actually meant brain. In which case.......don't mind me.

Speaking of braids, I just finished playing with my Princess Tutu wig. I'm not sure how I feel about it.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #54609
Reily96
Ambitious to a Fault

Blagh, busy weekend coming up. I really need to keep on going with Rarity's dress, but I don't think I'll be able to this weekend. Blagh... maybe I can fix up the pattern, at least.

Also been on a Korra kick. It doesn't help that I have been reading a lot of fanfiction. I now find myself in a place where I'd love to cosplay one of the Korra characters but have no idea who. I mean, I would love to do a random Chi Blocker, but a costume like that might just give me heatstroke. >.>

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #54610
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
A brain bun or braid bun? Unless you actually meant brain. In which case.......don't mind me.[
Ohhhh. *cough* Yeah, brain buns... yeah! *cough* XD

Quote:

Unread 09-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #54611
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Well it looks like I'm not going to Clarksville Daycon later on today.
Man, this week..this entire MONTH has been filled with disappointments.
And two out of the three events were due to my mother being...difficult.
The only thing that made this day feasible is that I got eyelashes and fangs for Vriska at Party City.
Melodiana - Kamidori Alchemy Meister (0% complete)
Shiro - Deadman Wonderland (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #54612
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Found out that my out-of-stock Faust VIII wig that I was so upset about is coming back in November. That's a pleasant surprise since I wasn't expecting it to come back in Stock until Christmas.
Unread 09-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #54613
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Been looking at lace trims on ebay. I found this one, this one, and this one. I'm leaning towards the second to make the border out of for the shawl but would it fit though... I stink at the whole picturing it in my head thing.

And I've been listening to Life Reset Button by Gumi a lot lately. >_> I just need an orange hoodie to make that cosplay...

Quote:

Unread 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #54614
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

About to toss Quorra's undershirt fabric in the wash so I can start today... the stuff I found will work great for the all-black portions, but I'm pretty bummed that I couldn't afford/find a similar substitute for the hexagon print on her sleeve-tops and chest. Soon as I have the money, I'm doing so.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #54615
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

-_- So apparently my bank is being a total (insert word of choice here) and didn't notify me of this whole 'weekend purchases won't be processed until the next business day' thing. WTF? Now I'm -$8 and won't be able to get my new wig, since that'll put my balance at like $16, and not $20. -_-

Meanwhile, gonna try and finish the torso piece of chainmail today. Been putting it off for too long.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!

Last edited by Yet Another : 09-22-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote