Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #54736
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,754
Hmmm, one of my friends wants to do a Hiiro no Kakera cosplay.. now I get even more reasons to watch the show so I can cosplay together with her. XD I've been interested in Hiiro no Kakera for quite some time now and planning to watch the anime.
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #54737
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Hmmm, one of my friends wants to do a Hiiro no Kakera cosplay.. now I get even more reasons to watch the show so I can cosplay together with her. XD I've been interested in Hiiro no Kakera for quite some time now and planning to watch the anime.
Do itttttttttt. Although the anime isn't really that good. >_> Which reminds me that I wish the trees would hurry up and turn red. The weather is already slipping towards winter cold. I need autumn for Tamaki dang it! Give me the right season!
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #54738
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Do itttttttttt. Although the anime isn't really that good. >_> Which reminds me that I wish the trees would hurry up and turn red. The weather is already slipping towards winter cold. I need autumn for Tamaki dang it! Give me the right season!
Yeah, I've heard it's not the best but I want to watch it anyway because I like the character designs and stuff. xD Also I heard there's a second season in the making...?
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #54739
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Spontaneously purchasing a wig at a convention might have worked out for me. I've had a couple of cosplays I want to do floating around in my head: Ciel and a Vocaloid, basically. It was an awesome stall and they had everything displayed nicely, and let you handle the wigs and try them on if you were honestly considering purchasing them. They had a lot of Vocaloid wigs, too (though no Vocaloid 3). I had to pace around the dealer's room a bit to decide which one to get (I knew I HAD to get one) and decided that, out of those, Gumi would be the best to get. (Ciel I would feel like I've spent too much on, Miku was already tangled a bit in the display and I KNEW I can't handle that quite yet, Teto I was fearful of what would happen if the curls fell out and didn't know what versions I could do besides default, don't like her that much, etc.)
So, now I have a beautiful Gumi wig~ I think I'll put a link to my photobucket in my signature, that's where I put everything xD And just to be sure I don't let it go to waste, I already managed to score some really nice goggles for $5, and am looking into what else I would need. Love is War seems to be the easiest version to do for now, so I'll probably start with that.
I am so excited though, I love it, oh my gosh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #54740
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer
 
Marbleyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 518
Off to go buy knee highs for Aya. She's almost nearly finished except I need to give my hair a quick dye job. Hopefully my godfather will dye it for not a lot of money.

Everything for Ritsuka is on mail order. Ears have been ordered, commissioner has been paid almost two weeks ago and she's wonderful so far, wig is in the mail and should arrive soon. My friend bought me a tail and all that is left is buying ribbon and bandages. I offered to pay for my friend's Soubi cosplay but all she needs is the ribbon for her neck. It will be her first time crossdressing. xD
__________________
[size="1"]Future Cosplays
Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena [Complete]
Hannah Anafeloz from Black Butler [Complete]
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #54741
touchmon
Make All The Things!
 
touchmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Yeah, I've heard it's not the best but I want to watch it anyway because I like the character designs and stuff. xD Also I heard there's a second season in the making...?
Yup, the character designs are amazing especially the demon forms. *_* I wish Tamaki or the other three heroines would have a demon form design too because I think it would be awesome to make. Plus it's Kazuki Yone. XD And yup, season 2 is going to be out in a couple of weeks.
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #54742
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yup, the character designs are amazing especially the demon forms. *_* I wish Tamaki or the other three heroines would have a demon form design too because I think it would be awesome to make. Plus it's Kazuki Yone. XD And yup, season 2 is going to be out in a couple of weeks.
Yeah, what I've seen a few pics of those special forms they look awesome! That's the main reason why I want to watch it, haha.
Oh, so soon? Sweet!
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #54743
Kerodohi
No longer active
 
Kerodohi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,274
Ahhhh, why did I start reading RuroKen again? Now I want to fix every part of my half-finished Battosai cosplay, and then cosplay Okita from Peacemaker. Grrrr!
Must. Save. Money. Must. Finish. In-progress. Cosplays. First!
*goes to look at wigs*
__________________
No longer cosplaying, sorry :\ Have fun!
Kerodohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #54744
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,026
Target has beautiful masquerade masks. But I don't have any use for them.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #54745
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!
 
Fish-and-Chips-Yum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Target has beautiful masquerade masks. But I don't have any use for them.
In other news, I'm looking for a good masquerade mask. /flees to target
__________________
~Cosplays~


+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #54746
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
In other news, I'm looking for a good masquerade mask. /flees to target
Wait wait wait how cheap are they? Even though I know I'm not going to a ball for a good many years I want one!! ;w; I already have a purple one but that doesn't work for any of my characters...oops. (In related news, Earthbound still has the PERFECT mask for any fancy Kaito cosplayer. It has piano keys and stuff on it, half blue half white..thought it might be a pretty high priced thing though.)
I need to stop by Earthbound and look for stuff again. They have a lot of random bits that can work really well for cosplays.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #54747
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Wait wait wait how cheap are they? Even though I know I'm not going to a ball for a good many years I want one!! ;w; I already have a purple one but that doesn't work for any of my characters...oops. (In related news, Earthbound still has the PERFECT mask for any fancy Kaito cosplayer. It has piano keys and stuff on it, half blue half white..thought it might be a pretty high priced thing though.)
I need to stop by Earthbound and look for stuff again. They have a lot of random bits that can work really well for cosplays.
They are about $20.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #54748
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
My jellyfish is kind of annoying me at the moment. Or maybe Pretty Little Liars is just making me not want to work, because all day I was just sluggish and unmotivated. Buhhhh.
So tomorrow if I work on it I shall watch Dance Academy while I work. I did get things done today though. I cut out all the tentacles and tomorrow I think I'll burn the edges and work on the mockup for the top.

Satin is annoying. I forgot about how slippery and difficult it is to sew with. MOAR PINS!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #54749
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON
 
StarsCASSiOPEiA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,069
Renaissance Fair in cosplay is a go so long as my early admission apps are all in by the end of next week.

TIME TO GET CRACKING.
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
  • Suzuha Amane (Steins;Gate): 12% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #54750
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Renaissance Fair in cosplay is a go so long as my early admission apps are all in by the end of next week.

TIME TO GET CRACKING.
OH SHOOT COLLEGE APPS
I knew there was something I should have been doing other than sitting here attempting and failing to work on my jellyfish costume.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.