Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1178 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #54766
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I am super excited that you are bumping up Ultimate Madoka to next year and ALSO that you got such an insanely good deal on the starry fabric! I kind of want to pick some up for me, because it was so pretty but I have no idea what I'd ever use it for. o:

Hopefully 7 yards is enough. o: It's a gigantic skirt, but 7 yards is... a lot. How wide is it?
BRSB is being postponed (again; man I've been wanting to do Beast for a hell of a long time now xD; ) as a trade-off of course, but it's for the best. I need my STR's help anyway and it'd be easier for us to order all of those LEDs and resin and whatnot in bulk. xD; But hey, now we can take pictures together if she's finished in time for Sakura Con. If not, she might be debuting at Fanime instead, since she'll be even more chaotic of a project than Pinkie Pie was and I need to make prints and buttons and whatnot to sell at Sakura Con, assuming I make it into Artist Alley. OTL

I'm not really good at figuring out yardage yet, but I can say for sure that the fabric isn't particularly wide. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. >>;
__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #54767
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
BRSB is being postponed (again; man I've been wanting to do Beast for a hell of a long time now xD; ) as a trade-off of course, but it's for the best. I need my STR's help anyway and it'd be easier for us to order all of those LEDs and resin and whatnot in bulk. xD; But hey, now we can take pictures together if she's finished in time for Sakura Con. If not, she might be debuting at Fanime instead, since she'll be even more chaotic of a project than Pinkie Pie was and I need to make prints and buttons and whatnot to sell at Sakura Con, assuming I make it into Artist Alley. OTL

I'm not really good at figuring out yardage yet, but I can say for sure that the fabric isn't particularly wide. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. >>;
Yeah, BRSB is a really big project. o: Once you learn LEDs and resin, teach me teach me. o: I need to learn one or both for future costumes.

And we should totally take pictures together. : D Homura is going to look super shabby next to your Goddess Madoka, though. xD; Ohwell.

At least most of the Goddess Madoka project will be sewing-intensive. Unless you're making her bow/wings to go along with it? I find that sewing goes a lot faster than props. Because waiting for things to dry.

Maybe I'm going to try going to Fanime. o: Still not sure about what I'm doing. Partially because I don't know when my wedding is going to be... Probably the year after, at this rate. .-.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #54768
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon
 
seiryuux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,132
Trying to figure out how there is a white discoloration stain on my Ninth Doctor black leather jacket and how to fix it
__________________
You either END GAME or you don't play the game at all!!!
PSN: seiryuux
3DS Friend Code: 3497-0813-7759

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #54769
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy
 
Yet Another's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 570
Grabbing a $15 gas mask on Saturday. Now I just need a WW2 era dress, and I'm set. (YAY FOR SPUR OF THE MOMENT COSPLAYS!)
__________________


Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #54770
Serako
Female gentleman~
 
Serako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 163
Okay so not only were my daveshades crushed, but I'm not getting paid now FOR FIVE HOURS OF WORK OUTSIDE so I can't afford baby blue eyecontacts.
Guess who's not going as sexy alec lightwood for halloween?
__________________
Looking for people near the Shreveport Louisanna area to cosplay with!!!
CURRENT IN PROGRESS
Fem-tenth doctor
Vanya (white violin), The Umbrella Academy
Wiccan, the Young Avengers
http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #54771
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
It just seems the easiest to do at the moment xD I should be good as long as I can get to a thrift store soon, the part I'm most worried about is a flag or megaphone. Thanks for the other versions, though, I'll keep them in mind :3

...your brain is a very cruel and jealous one when you aren't thinking O_o Nah, I had an almost identical dream once when I did Alois xD Our brains, they're cruel ;-; But from what I've seen, your Camellia Gumi is coming along nicely (Good god why do we always love the same things)
Yes, the only explanation. My brain is jealous of my awesomeness. XD And thanks! If only we were closer to each other so we could go to the same con and derp together about persona and vocaloid. XD
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #54772
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!
 
SakuraxTsubasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,315
I got some free orangey red leather today! I wonder what I can use it on.....

I was also offered a TON of velcro, but I never use velcro....shame.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #54773
MotherSilver
Registered User
 
MotherSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 298
Cosplay dreams. Lately I've been having a lot of them. They started with my first one as me in my night elf and the body paint kind of looking sketchy. Then had one for my Vanessa, and now I'm having one for another costume I'm doing with body paint. I haven't had one for Amaterasu, but for some reason any costume related dream I have is terrifying :/ I haven't had an unfinished/bad body paint costume yet but still they're nervewracking.
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #54774
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Maaaan, I think I'm getting spoiled cosplaying from anime. There are all these magazine scans and figurines and artbooks and guidebooks and the anime itself goes frame by frame to make for easy peasy screenshots. References everywhere!
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #54775
MotherSilver
Registered User
 
MotherSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Maaaan, I think I'm getting spoiled cosplaying from anime. There are all these magazine scans and figurines and artbooks and guidebooks and the anime itself goes frame by frame to make for easy peasy screenshots. References everywhere!
I'm actually excited because I JUST found this picture of my character. And there is only one picture of her on the internet because it's the official artwork. But I just found the official sketches and references (even some side ideas before the character had been decided) and thank you cosplay gods IT HAS A BACK AND SIDE VIEW.

This apparently doesn't happen so I am so super excited. I want to start NOW but I just started a new job and I'm just now starting to be able to save money. But other than that-COSPLAY EXCITMENT!!!
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #54776
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
I'm actually excited because I JUST found this picture of my character. And there is only one picture of her on the internet because it's the official artwork. But I just found the official sketches and references (even some side ideas before the character had been decided) and thank you cosplay gods IT HAS A BACK AND SIDE VIEW.

This apparently doesn't happen so I am so super excited. I want to start NOW but I just started a new job and I'm just now starting to be able to save money. But other than that-COSPLAY EXCITMENT!!!
References with back and side views are unspeakably amazing! Congrats on your find! : D

I was looking through a Puella Magi Madoka Magica guidebook for pictures of Oktavia for a friend's costume and lo and behold, they have sketches and closeups of her! Multiple pages of her different forms and the crown and the tail and everything! Also, all of the pictures ever of Homura's shield. So great...

Finding JRock references is so difficult in comparison. No one ever wants to turn around or show you anything below the knee. And screencapping lives and PVs with low lighting is a nightmare. .-.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #54777
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yes, the only explanation. My brain is jealous of my awesomeness. XD And thanks! If only we were closer to each other so we could go to the same con and derp together about persona and vocaloid. XD
...we're both on the east coast at least unless you've spontaneously moved right? XD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #54778
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
...we're both on the east coast at least unless you've spontaneously moved right? XD
Yup, still on the east coast. XD
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #54779
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yup, still on the east coast. XD
YES!
...now I want to replay P3P again. Dangit. xD I have so little left if I want to do Minato though...it makes me happy c:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #54780
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
YES!
...now I want to replay P3P again. Dangit. xD I have so little left if I want to do Minato though...it makes me happy c:
Yes! We shall meet! XD I offer to be your Minako. =3
__________________
Working on...
|Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Player Character(God Eater)|Morgiana(green blouse version, Magi)|Camellia Meiko(Vocaloid)|Emerald(RWBY)|Cerise Wolf(Ever After High)| Yona (Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
TMLiza
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.