Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1144 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #54826
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

..yes, thanks, girlfriend. I suggest costumes we could do using your wig you already own, and you have no interest, even though it's from a series we both love. Thanks.
I just want my Gumi goggles to get here. Also, I want to go to Pica Pica and get a Vocaloid shirt, but that's beside the point.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #54827
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Maaaan, you're so busy. o: Let me know if there's anything I can do for you on this end to make it easier! If you're designing their mascots, that's an amazing honor and a fantastic way to get your name out there. o: You can do it, I have faith in you!

Saturday, Nov 3 at 8pm, is looking like the probable Sakura-Con AA signup date.

Ooh, so there's actually stuff going on for Day 0? Sounds like fun! Getting badges early is the best reason of all. Because missing out on con time while standing in line is some serious suck.

Good luck with the contest!
Dude you have NO idea. xD; In addition to school and work, that's two potential Artist Alleys, convention artwork + mascot designs, 8 or 9 more costume designs to make for my RPG MLP group, and working on actual cosplays. I have to aim to finish Fluttershy by Winter Break, and then once one of my roommates is back from Japan this winter we'll be starting construction on Ultimate Madoka which I want to try and have ready for Sakura Con. And I'm sure I'm forgetting other things too. @A@;

I'll let you know if I can think of anything, although reminding me about AA opening will help because I totally forgot to keep checking the forums. xD;;; As for the mascots/other artwork, it's definitely a huge deal for me so I'm super excited, although it's undeniably a lot of pressure. And thank you! ;u;

Yup, it's only mostly small stuff like Gaming Hall opening and a few video rooms, but Swap Meet is fantastic and one of the main reasons I refuse to miss Thursday. xD

And aaaaa thanks again c:

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #54828
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Why won't my Wal-mart restock the freaking blue fabric I need? I need 3 yards, and they still only have the same 1 yard there
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #54829
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So. While looking back on the previous generations of wings I've made, I've suddenly found myself unable to remember what I did and what generation of wings I'm on. It's either the cold meds or I've really rebuilt my wings that many times. Just for the sake of face, I'll say cold meds.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #54830
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I realized the cosplays I could do for this party thing could be The Beast Gumi version. I already have the outfit, I just need a crown, cape and horns. From looking at the prices in actual Halloween stores, I guess I'm going to be going online for this. -_- Although I do want to attempt to make the horns but I'm really not sure how with the limited resources I have in my dorm room. Would floral foam cut with a plastic knife? 0_o

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #54831
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

I'm soooo happy to finally have pictures of my Lucy cosplay.
Took me long enough, it's been finished for over a year. xP
In progress:
| Kaworu Nagisa - 85%| Uta - 75%|
| Human!Karkat Vantas - 75%| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 35%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #54832
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Taking a break from Cosplay work today

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #54833
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

Me and my friends have finally decided for sure that we are going to cosplay Final Fantasy III for Anime North in 2013!
So once we decided, right away one of them said "So can we start now?"

I'm like "Dude! I know your excited, but just wait a bit. We have a lot of time!!" Not to mention, I still need to finish 2 cosplays before that!

Somebody is a bit eager to make their first official cosplay!
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Blossom (Powerpuff Girls - Original "post-disaster"/"geared up" ver.)

Planned for 2015:
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts - Steampunk)
Fem!Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #54834
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Dang it! I've been reading so much Shaman King I want to work on my Faust VIII cosplay now, even when I'm not wearing it to a con for over a year! Oh well, I'm going to try to do the pants this weekend.

Oh god, someone knock some sense into me now. I just got to the part in the manga where's he's wearing the badass outfit with the bone legs. Must...cosplay...somehow...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 10-04-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #54835
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Yay four-day weekend!
But I hate it when I can't think of what I need to do because there's just SO MUCH.
Or maybe I'm just avoiding fixing my last mistakes on the tutu because it's a paaaaaaaiiinnnn.
And I might not be looking forward to the top which has some alterations that I need to make since it'll look really fudging awkward as it is because I'm so flat. :|
It's already pretty late though I guess I'll just try to finish up the headpiece. And tomorrow I'll go shopping and burn edges and work on altering the top....
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #54836
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So I just discovered the otome game Toki no Kizuna and in it the main heroine has an awesome "oni" form like the guys. Well then....this might be a problem. >_> I wish it was more like HnK instead of Hakuouki in style though. Still looks awesome though... *adds to future list*

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #54837
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Trying to restore my confidence by finding a new series I adore that is recognizable but not often cosplayed, not to a ridiculous amount at least. Because..I'm pretty sure Ciel won't be plausible, there's just too many little worries and I don't want to basically ruin the series because of a bad con experience when I wear it again. I just need a break from it.
Now, I'm tied between Lamento and Pandora Hearts. Lamento is fairly obscure, but oh my god Konoe's design..<3 But, Pandora Hearts is fairly similar to Kuro, which I really like, even though it's older.
It'll probably end up coming down to cost and what I can afford for these two. I do think this is just one of those times I need to step away and cosplay something without worrying about a group or friends doing the same thing..though I'm surprised none of my friends have cosplayed Pandora Hearts yet, haha.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #54838
Curucar

New bribery method for embroidery: no embroidery, no Avengers. It was no Doctor Who (with the brand new eps excepted), so I just stopped watching the old Who episodes... :-X
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #54839
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Ohh goodness! why can't finding something so simple and what seems like it's worn often, so hard to find when i need it.

on a positive note i am extremely excited for this sale at Hancocks. i'm so excited to buy this fabric and work on this cosplay.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #54840
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
I'm soooo happy to finally have pictures of my Lucy cosplay.
Took me long enough, it's been finished for over a year. xP
I know that feeling, it seems like by the time I get photos of my cosplays I've already gotten better at sewing/construction and think they look bad.

So it seems like I'll have to go ahead and buy the fabric for my flatmates Iron Man jacket myself if we want to get it done in time since there are no fabric stores around here. That's actually fine by me, I can spend some time getting colors that will work and to repay me she'll pay my part of the cable bill next month (and I'm joking that my other friend is repaying me for her Hawkeye jacket by helping me for a video for one of my classes, this feels like the oddest barter system ever xD).
The only bad part about this is OMG, two weeks to make the Iron Man jacket, two weeks to finally finish most of Tatiana's outfit, and then a week after break to get my Holo cosplay in order for a shoot (and I still have to work out Coulson's make-up/hair, I swear if school doesn't keep me busy then my own projects do).
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote