Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-05-2012, 05:42 AM   #54841
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
So I just discovered the otome game Toki no Kizuna and in it the main heroine has an awesome "oni" form like the guys. Well then....this might be a problem. >_> I wish it was more like HnK instead of Hakuouki in style though. Still looks awesome though... *adds to future list*
Wawawawaaaaaaaaaaait now this sounds interesting!
*googles*
Mother of god.. the character designs... <3

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon
Souji Okita (SSL) - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Kitacon (1-2 March 2014)
SAT Keisuke Sannan - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Gin Ichimaru - Bleach
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #54842
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I have my Sad Kitty Ear hat! I'm wearing it right now (at work)! It's so cute. It is a little big on me, which is great because then when I'm wearing it for Miho or Piro it won't be too tight. Yay for not getting a headache because of the hat!

Working on:
Dr. Shannon Abbey, Rebecca Atherton, First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Jessie

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), Kevin Flynn (black robes)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #54843
Convulsive
My name is Kan

I wish I had some cosplay stuff to work on, but sadly i am only an eel.

Fall Break with nothing to do sucks. I would sew, but my machine is broken. maybe i should make another makeup video.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #54844
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Yay for going places with my mom. I got some very nice green eyeshadow for Camellia Gumi. A quick check of the Konohana feathers in the basement told me they are still not stiff enough. -_- Ugh, I am going to cover them a couple more coats of modge podge and hope for the best. At least the greave looks like it is coming along well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #54845
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

My Mukuro cosplay is complete!! *dances*
Next up:
| Kyouko Sakura - 85%| Peko Pekoyama - 70%|
| Satsuki Kiryuin: Junketsu - 70% & Senketsu - 60%|
| Nagito Komaeda - 55%| Ryuko Matoi - 55%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #54846
MissAngie
My dreams are my wings.

I need to decide soon what type of blue fabric i should buy for jubilees shoes and gloves..Soo hard D: and the yellow coat <,< so i am kinda on a hitaus on working on it cosplay. buuuut I am done with the mask for my Black cat! Haha,but i am borrowing the suit for an event tomorrow so..^^'

Next cosplays will be working on :
.:Sailor Saturn | 5%
.: Hanji Zoe - SNK | 20%
.:Anthy Himemiya - Utena revolutionary girl | 0 %
"I will never see the sky the same way I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday" -
MissAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #54847
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

I just love final fantasy cosplays. Once I get a stable job I am going to stock up on a lot of them! Till then Sora,Tifa,Cloud, and Aerith will do for now.

Working on
Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn)
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #54848
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
My Mukuro cosplay is complete!! *dances*

Yay!!!! I can't wait to see 8(>v<)8

on a cosplay note, i finally ordered my wig for Scheherazde. I am so excited to to start working on her some more. i found the perfect glove to use as a base at work. things are comming together.X33

~Working On~
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Clawdeen Wolf Ver. (Monster High)~20%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)

~Planning Stages~
Cana Alberona (Fairy Tale)
Yuiko Hawatari (Loveless)
Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)

~On Hold~
Scheherazade Al-Rahman(Trinity Blood)~3%
Princess of the Crystal (Mawaru Penguindrum)~10%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #54849
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
Dude you have NO idea. xD; In addition to school and work, that's two potential Artist Alleys, convention artwork + mascot designs, 8 or 9 more costume designs to make for my RPG MLP group, and working on actual cosplays. I have to aim to finish Fluttershy by Winter Break, and then once one of my roommates is back from Japan this winter we'll be starting construction on Ultimate Madoka which I want to try and have ready for Sakura Con. And I'm sure I'm forgetting other things too. @A@;

I'll let you know if I can think of anything, although reminding me about AA opening will help because I totally forgot to keep checking the forums. xD;;; As for the mascots/other artwork, it's definitely a huge deal for me so I'm super excited, although it's undeniably a lot of pressure. And thank you! ;u;

Yup, it's only mostly small stuff like Gaming Hall opening and a few video rooms, but Swap Meet is fantastic and one of the main reasons I refuse to miss Thursday. xD

And aaaaa thanks again c:
You can use the same artwork for the two AAs, right? Because I think you said the MLP con was before Sakura-Con. So in theory, you could make mostly MLP arts for that con and then focus on various other arts (or just more MLP) for Sakura-Con. Also, why are you the one who has to design all the ponies for the group? D: No one has any ideas or input to give you? Seems kind of unfair. .-.

I will keep an eye on the Sakura-Con AA thread for you. o: I'm already stalking their entire forums, peeking in one a specific thread won't be hard.

But speaking of cosplay crunch time happening 6 months in advance, I NEED NEED NEED TO WORK ON TOSHIYA. It's not even funny. I have to repattern the kimono before I can do anything else, and I just... can't. Making bases is just not my forte. And I have to figure out a new kimono collar, since I've more or less decided that I want the new collar to fold over on top of itself, like it was apparently supposed to all along. And I need a new spiked collar. And maybe new gloves. Hopefully the fact that I have an amazingly precise sewing machine and I'm not handsewing hundreds of yards of ribbon with invisible stitches on each side this time around will allow me to make up for all the time I've wasted diddling around on starting the pattern.

And the wig. Oh man, the wig. Not only am I incapable of styling my own hair, I have no idea how the back of this wig is supposed to look in order for the front to look like it should. Is it like, a bun with dreadlocks attached?

Also, I was thinking about remaking Haunted earlier this week. And I finally remembered that next time is going to be the time when I HAVE TO TRY AND FIX ALL THE INACCURACIES. Like the fact that my current Haunted is, for the most part, flat. It has ridges on the surface, yes, but the real Haunted is actually hollow and has exhaust pipes sticking out from in between the individual segments. Not sure how I'm going to make that happen. Oh, and things like the shape. And maybe ask for a more vibrant purple next time.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #54850
Convulsive
My name is Kan

i completely re-organized my cosplay room.
holy.
crud.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #54851
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
You can use the same artwork for the two AAs, right? Because I think you said the MLP con was before Sakura-Con. So in theory, you could make mostly MLP arts for that con and then focus on various other arts (or just more MLP) for Sakura-Con. Also, why are you the one who has to design all the ponies for the group? D: No one has any ideas or input to give you? Seems kind of unfair. .-.

I will keep an eye on the Sakura-Con AA thread for you. o: I'm already stalking their entire forums, peeking in one a specific thread won't be hard.
Yeah, and pony art is pretty easy to make since the characters are so simple to draw, so I'm not too worried about prepping prints for Ponyville West. It's mostly just Sakura Con I'm anxious about. So much to do. xD;

And our group is still figuring out what we're doing, so both my Rarity and I have been each working on our own designs for each character in an attempt to create a more uniform look. And I'm incorporating the ideas they've already provided and some of them have already done concept sketches, so it's not all from scratch. Basically what we're trying to do is get a broad range of ideas going so we can decide on a final set of designs. So for example, I designed a Bard version of Pinkie Pie, and the Rarity in our group is working on a Gunner design for Pinkie. I'm designing Druid version Fluttershy, and she's doing Ranger Fluttershy. And most of the group has been tossing ideas around, so it's not that difficult for me to create my own interpretations of everything, and I want to take a shot at it, it's simply just time consuming.

Much appreciated. c: I already have my Washington tax number, so that's ready.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #54852
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

;_; I need to get cracking on Jem.

WHY MUST MY MOM BE SO WEIRD ABOUT BUYING FABRIC?

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #54853
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I think I actually impressed my mom with something cosplay related today. She was legit shocked when she found out that I made the camellia flowers and didn't buy them. Yes mom, I actually can make things, surprisingly. -_-

I also ended up sewing the flowers onto the dress and tried on the Camellia Gumi dress again. I'm not really sure how it ended up being semi-hard to breathe along with being a bit loose on the top at the same time. How in the world does that even happen?

And I discovered my long orange wig is actually a copper color(totally thought it was lighter than it actually was) which gave me an idea to do a Minako with long hair cosplay after being the Seal for three years interpretation something or other. Going to have to think more about that one.

Of course after watching the first episode of Kamisama Kiss I want to cosplay Nanami. Her personality is just awesome. Wish her hair wasn't that weird brown/black color thing.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 10-05-2012 at 09:23 PM.
touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #54854
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Of course after watching the first episode of Kamisama Kiss I want to cosplay Nanami. Her personality is just awesome. Wish her hair wasn't that weird brown/black color thing.
You totally should! I just finished my Kurama cosplay, and the series needs more cosplay love.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #54855
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

"Dream Cosplay." Ya huh. I had a moment of that last night....litterally. I dreamt of a silver gown I was wearing, and it's killing me that I can't remember specific details about it. I remember flashes of the silhouette and the detailing on the sleeves which I spent half the day spacing out over at work, and still haven't figure out how one would sew them. But gods, it was such a pretty dress...the colour was that irridescent silver of moonlight.... or silk duponi....<3

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote