Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1523 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #54871
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Soo, just ordered my wig for Porrim, and since I've finished making the dress and horns, all I have to still is buy the fangs, contact lenses and piercings.

And I think I'll shorten the shirt I got for Mukuro, even though it is an S. Surprising it's so big, as I'm actually rather tall.
But I am soo looking forward to finally wearing him! x3

~ ♥ ~
| Facebook | Tumblr | WorldCosplay |
~ ♥ ~
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #54872
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Gold trim came in. *_* So pretty but I can't attach it onto the shawl cause I don't have my fray check here. >_> I'm also a bit worried by the amount. It doesn't look like it is 3 yards....

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #54873
pltshp
i did what i have to do

I've finally ordered some shoe lifts. I feel that I really do need them for Garry, and they'll come in handy when I cosplay Gary (since my Ash is actually an inch taller than me...) and, of course, Thor.

I actually had a horrible moment of pre-cosplay doubts last night regarding Garry where I nearly cancelled the order for the wig and blue rose. Huffff. I got over it though ; n;
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #54874
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Everything is a waiting game or a "Will I have enough money?"

Waiting on Ears, Jacket and Wig this week. I swear it feels like it's been forever since I purchased the wig.

I will now have extra cash to finish buying the rest of my stuff for Ritsuka and hopefully get my hair done for Aya. Hair needs to grow longer!

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #54875
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Just got back from an early hetalia day meet up. It was so much fun ;_;

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #54876
Isaye

Sewing is so hard. And expensive. ;_; I'm practicing by sewing normal things before I try sewing more cosplay stuff but I don't think I'm cut out to do it. I won't get better if I don't practice, though... oh well.

I've had my mind set on being Kotone and I already bought a little fabric for it but then I thought about how cool it'd be to be Silver or Green or Touya or Touko or something because I love pretty much all of the Pokemon characters. And then I decided I want to be Nano Shinonome and Kyou Fujibayashi but I guess those can wait until next year, unless I can find someone selling a used costume for 40$ or less.

Next year I also plan on being Natsuki Usami. I wonder if my costume will be recognizable enough, and I'm pretty short... I have an old fishing rod somewhere that I can unstring and bring as a prop. Perhaps I could buy a blue apron and iron-on an H. I have no idea how I'll make a blue suit jacket, I'll probably pass on that. OH, and by then I'll have new glasses because I'm overdue for an upgrade, so I'm going to have Natsuki glasses for the next 2-4 years. -u-

Urghh all of these characters would normally be in cosplay groups. I barely talked to anyone last year and stuck with my 2 friends I came with, but next year one will be cosplaying Hetalia and the other won't be cosplaying at all. I hope I'll make some friends this time. ;v;

/end conversation with myself
Isaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #54877
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaye View Post
I love pretty much all of the Pokemon characters.
This is my curse too.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #54878
Isaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
This is my curse too.
D:
I want to be every character. But I can't. Can't be every character.
Isaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #54879
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

So after sawing through the heels of the boots I'm going to be using to make Long-Fall Boots from Portal2 and showering to get the smell of molten acrylic AKA hellfeces off my skin...

How the butt am I supposed to feasibly support the springs on this thing without said supports being A) garishly visible to the point of looking non-canon, or B) tearing upwards when any amount of weight is put on them and giving me involuntary knee implants from Portal1?

Mysteries.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #54880
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

I had a productive cosplay day today! I got Fabric and notions for Faust's pants and shirt...thing. I was going to do the pants today but my friend's sewing machine had a bitch fit and I only got one side of one of the blue stripey-things sewed. At least I have the fabric now though.

Duke's vest is pretty much done though. I just have to cut the collar off the red dress shirt I'm making it out of
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #54881
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Bought my first sewing machine today! Wee!

Going to spend the evening reading the manual/yelling at post-season baseball. (:
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime (possibly Kraken Con and other small local things?)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #54882
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Starting to gather material and patterns for my Halloween costume. Found beautiful goldish red taffeta at Joann's for 50% off. 2 yards cost me $6. And Simplicity patterns are $0.99 so I'm stocking up on those. I will be making a mock up of my cape to make sure I know how much more fabric I need, but it will probably be 2 yards or so...
I'll probably make my crown in the next couple of days. And a modified pattern for my dress...
All I have to do is borrow my friend's sewing machine. First self made costume in seven years. I'm a little nervous!

Edit: Congrats Kell! I look forward to hearing about your sewing adventures and I will share mine!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #54883
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Edit: Congrats Kell! I look forward to hearing about your sewing adventures and I will share mine!
Yay! I have a lot of scrap fabric lying around, so it will be sacrificed to the cause.
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime (possibly Kraken Con and other small local things?)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #54884
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

I've been watching MLP on Netflix for a few weeks with the wifey, and she's on a big-time pony kick. She's got a couple of shirts and toys and such. She also mentioned she'd like a Twilight Sparkle wig, so I got it for her as a present. She's kind of shy and I never thought I would get her to cosplay (she doesn't even dress up for Halloween) but I think she might actually do a Twilight Sparkle cosplay for the next con! So excited to help her...
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #54885
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I am expecting the size and race related comments from my first con will be bad and it scares me everyday since I've never had to take much judgement since I tended to hide behind a video game avatar like in WOW or second life. My cosplays are not the best I know and I look awful in them but I just hope to have alittle fun.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote