Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1099 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #54886
Isaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
This is my curse too.
D:
I want to be every character. But I can't. Can't be every character.
Isaye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #54887
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

So after sawing through the heels of the boots I'm going to be using to make Long-Fall Boots from Portal2 and showering to get the smell of molten acrylic AKA hellfeces off my skin...

How the butt am I supposed to feasibly support the springs on this thing without said supports being A) garishly visible to the point of looking non-canon, or B) tearing upwards when any amount of weight is put on them and giving me involuntary knee implants from Portal1?

Mysteries.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #54888
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I had a productive cosplay day today! I got Fabric and notions for Faust's pants and shirt...thing. I was going to do the pants today but my friend's sewing machine had a bitch fit and I only got one side of one of the blue stripey-things sewed. At least I have the fabric now though.

Duke's vest is pretty much done though. I just have to cut the collar off the red dress shirt I'm making it out of
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #54889
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Bought my first sewing machine today! Wee!

Going to spend the evening reading the manual/yelling at post-season baseball. (:

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #54890
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Starting to gather material and patterns for my Halloween costume. Found beautiful goldish red taffeta at Joann's for 50% off. 2 yards cost me $6. And Simplicity patterns are $0.99 so I'm stocking up on those. I will be making a mock up of my cape to make sure I know how much more fabric I need, but it will probably be 2 yards or so...
I'll probably make my crown in the next couple of days. And a modified pattern for my dress...
All I have to do is borrow my friend's sewing machine. First self made costume in seven years. I'm a little nervous!

Edit: Congrats Kell! I look forward to hearing about your sewing adventures and I will share mine!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #54891
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Edit: Congrats Kell! I look forward to hearing about your sewing adventures and I will share mine!
Yay! I have a lot of scrap fabric lying around, so it will be sacrificed to the cause.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #54892
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

I've been watching MLP on Netflix for a few weeks with the wifey, and she's on a big-time pony kick. She's got a couple of shirts and toys and such. She also mentioned she'd like a Twilight Sparkle wig, so I got it for her as a present. She's kind of shy and I never thought I would get her to cosplay (she doesn't even dress up for Halloween) but I think she might actually do a Twilight Sparkle cosplay for the next con! So excited to help her...
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #54893
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I am expecting the size and race related comments from my first con will be bad and it scares me everyday since I've never had to take much judgement since I tended to hide behind a video game avatar like in WOW or second life. My cosplays are not the best I know and I look awful in them but I just hope to have alittle fun.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #54894
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I thought I was going to be productive today and figure out if I did have enough trim for the shawl but...Black 2. Yeah, something tells me getting anything cosplay related down right now might be a bit difficult...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #54895
Curucar

Eeeeeemmmmbbbbooooiiiidddeeeerrrryyyy. I can safely say that I'm 70% finished with Sabriel's surcoat. And I still hate needlework. >_* I thought I would tolerate-- even LIKE-- it by the time I was close to finishing this project, but noooope.
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #54896
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curucar View Post
Eeeeeemmmmbbbbooooiiiidddeeeerrrryyyy. I can safely say that I'm 70% finished with Sabriel's surcoat. And I still hate needlework. >_* I thought I would tolerate-- even LIKE-- it by the time I was close to finishing this project, but noooope.
Time makes the heart grow fonder.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #54897
touchmon
Make All The Things!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I decided to check the gold trim I just got in today with the shawl and I'm about a foot short. Thankfully the person listed the same product again(at 3 yards) so thankfully I can get more. Just a bit annoyed that I need to buy $10 for 3 yards when I only need a foot....

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #54898
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Finally got around to cutting up the skirt pieces for Rarity... and I am a half foot short on fabric. Good thing I found out today. I really need to stop procrastinating on this. ^^;
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #54899
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Two weeks till convention and I'm only about a half way thru my cosplay. Awesome, why dose it seem like the only motivation that gets me going for a cosplay is 'oh crap my convention is soon!!!!'. Not that I haven't been busy (screw you 19th century books!) but still. Well least my bodice almost done (need to finish sewing on the bias tape) and most of my prep work is done (aka cutting and ironing).

However, I made a mistake and need to run to the fabric store soon to make up for it. I need like 2 more yards of white, a 1/2 yard of velvet, bigger bias tape, and fringe. Till then I can't finish anything. Also, I realized I will probably be at wallgreens at midnight friday of hexxp printing out my progress shots because I didn't get around to painting the bottom till then. >.>;

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #54900
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

So over the weekend, I ordered a replacement for my Vriska wig because my other one is a hot mess lmao (I'm also gonna use it for another cosplay though) and this marks the first time I have ordered a heat resistant wig! This will be interesting to work with. Also, I ordered some more makeup, this time in Snazaroo Light Grey 18ML... super cheap so I'm excited!

I have started working on my secret Homestuck cosplay as well.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote