Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1126 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #55006
touchmon
Make All The Things!

About half-way done with sewing the long trim onto the shawl. Also went to the Halloween store and picked up a king's crown. Now just need to make my horns. Errr buy supplies to make it first. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #55007
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Got a box of free fabric from nice old lady I got the new machine from.

I don't knwo what to do with it all! There's some pretty blue stuff I can use for Cinderella, and a pretty pink for lolita, but other than that....;_;

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #55008
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Managed to cut myself. ...Least I managed to avoid getting it on the white fabric I was working with at the time I suppose...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #55009
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hmmm, I've got a decent amount of a really nice glossy stretch suiting leftover from Quorra's undertop. Maybe I'll make a slinky tunic-shirt out of it. And if I don't have enough for that, maybe a skirt I could wear to work.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #55010
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

*PHEW* I've got the boning into Miku's bodice. It should be a lot easier from here on out.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #55011
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
*PHEW* I've got the boning into Miku's bodice. It should be a lot easier from here on out.
Ooh! What version of Miku are you doing?

On my end, I think I've got a costume for Momocon planned out. While I'm a bit sad Ciel didn't work out, I think I've got a much cooler (and cheaper), nice alternative.
Now, I'm really into Inu x Boku right now, and I know I have to cosplay it. Originally, I wanted to cosplay Ririchiyo, as I really love her story and she's pretty adorable. I will probably do her later since all I would need is a wig, but I got a really great idea for Karuta randomly today.
Most people either do her fanservice-y outfits or just have a lollipop or something for her, but since it's Halloween time, I figured I'd have the skeleton that comes with her 'demon' self:

While I certainly won't have anything that huge, it'd be cool to have a large skeleton to carry around with it. I'm hoping I can find something big enough that I can cut off the bottom half and just alter it so I could fit inside the ribcage and carry it over my shoulder, but since I don't know how managable that would be, I may just cut off the lower half of one and carry it around on my side.
Not all that epic, but I can't remember the biggest fake skeleton I've seen. I will go hunting at a few stores first, though.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #55012
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Ooh! What version of Miku are you doing?
Magnet

I'm hoping to get it done for NebrasKon. :fingers crossed: I also want to do Snow Miku but it's going to be awhile before I start that one.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #55013
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Magnet

I'm hoping to get it done for NebrasKon. :fingers crossed: I also want to do Snow Miku but it's going to be awhile before I start that one.
Magnet's always cool~
There's always a few versions of Miku I want to do, but..bleh, that wig Dx That wig scares the hell out of me xDD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #55014
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Since the Magnet version is curly the twintails are shorter making it easier to manage.

Unread 10-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #55015
Shirayuki~Chan

I'm in the process of drilling my horns for Aradia, which makes me really nervous! Thank god my mom is doing it, because I would've ruined my horns ages ago without her!

But my Aradia is almost done! It's the first costume I've done without buying it from another person/site! It makes me really proud of myself, because everything actually looks good! Minus my cracked horns, but I really like everything else!

Cosplays:
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Weiss Schnee (White Outfit)- RWBY

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #55016
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

It's annoying to make icons for the gallery...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #55017
Curucar

Embroideryyyyyy. I'll call it a day after 3 hours of sewing. So close yet so far with finishing this surcoat. >_*
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:06 AM   #55018
Chibi_Miyuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Lol. I got the imagery of your closet with a big cartoony mouth spitting out clothes onto you.
(And, jealous. Mine seems to swallow items I think would be useful at some point, here.)
Hahaha. Nice imagery! XD And that happens to me as well. I recently lost a shirt that would have been almost perfect. But the other day, I realized I have almost everything to cosplay a cowboy version of Fem!America from hetalia. So yay!
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #55019
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

It's that time again where an event is coming up and I'm stressing out because I always leave everything until last minute... augh, I even had to drop one of my plans and I'm still stressing out over just the one.

Trying to finish my Mituna cosplay for London Expo, it doesn't really help that the closest to a canon full body shot I have is this:

I thought the helmet and horns would give me most troubles but it's not those that are giving me the most trouble. Shades of yellow are stressing me out. I was going with a more accurate yellow like the one in the picture buuut it seems most cosplayers just go with a yellow because that yellow is hard as heck to find (I have gloves in the colour, found some paint that will work but I can't find any material close enough).

It doesn't really help that I sorta have troubles when it comes to recognising colours :/

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #55020
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloudInc View Post
It's annoying to make icons for the gallery...
I agree. The size requirements can really turn a good picture awkward Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
It's that time again where an event is coming up and I'm stressing out because I always leave everything until last minute... augh, I even had to drop one of my plans and I'm still stressing out over just the one.

Trying to finish my Mituna cosplay for London Expo, it doesn't really help that the closest to a canon full body shot I have is this:

I thought the helmet and horns would give me most troubles but it's not those that are giving me the most trouble. Shades of yellow are stressing me out. I was going with a more accurate yellow like the one in the picture buuut it seems most cosplayers just go with a yellow because that yellow is hard as heck to find (I have gloves in the colour, found some paint that will work but I can't find any material close enough).

It doesn't really help that I sorta have troubles when it comes to recognising colours :/
I think that any shade of yellow you can find that's sorta close will work, especially at the last minute.
I don't think anyone will come up to you and go "Oh my god, that is TOTALLY not the right yellow."
They will go "Oh my god, Mituna!" And not notice or care :3
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons