Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1048 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #55051
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Eurg, I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I'm going to cut my bangs for Aki-Con. .-. Which is in 10 days.

I've had my (poorly cut) parted and pointily cut bangs for probably 5 or 6 years now. I like them this way, I think I look better with hair framing the sides of my face. But I can't be bothered to wear a wig for Homura if I already more or less have her hair naturally.

Also, flying to San Francisco the weekend after the con for a "welcome the baby to the family" party, and don't I just know I'll get a billion super fashionable people critiquing my new haircut?
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #55052
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Have I mentioned I love my mom? I told her that I'm going to be doing a cosplay that requires a mask over the lower half of my face, and asked if she'd help me make it. I was expecting her to freak out and worry about my being able to breath, but instead she said if I showed her how to use the materials, she'd be happy to. ^_^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #55053
Curucar

Done with embroidery for the night. I've taken to embroidering during football games (and any time the TV's on, really), but I've sweatted two stencils off watching the Broncos game.

That, and I'm ONE BLOODY SLEEVE away from finishing this embroidery project. Which is like 25 keys, but ONE SLEEVE. >_*
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #55054
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm writing an essay on costuming.
I'm also feeling an intense need to make costumes.

Huh, would you look at that?
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #55055
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I wanted to write my Sociology paper on Cosplaying in America but it's not a controversial American topic.

Also, I have the urge to cosplay as someone from Full Metal Alchemist really bad. Either Sgt. Maria Ross or Rose.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #55056
Chibi_Miyuki

^I was watching FMA earlier and also had the urge to cosplay from it.

After an anime marathon today, I want to cosplay SO BAD!!! Wondering if I still have that one dress...the material would work great for a Mirajane cosplay.
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #55057
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Did some more research on pleating a skirt..im still a bit confused but less confused then before

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #55058
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

So, I actually did it! I was able to solve the heat retention problem AND people impacting the tip of my wings! It feels a lot more sturdier and stable walking around in them with it being much more compact while making for a much better presentation!
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #55059
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I just realized something. I'm really looking forward to Halloween this year since I have classes after work, which means I can dress up. I'm looking forward to making people do a double-take since the last time I did Jane, even my hubby didn't recognize me at first. Then it hit me. I still haven't done a thing to her wig! I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend in addition to studying.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #55060
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Friends are coming over to sew tomorrow! Con is in 9 days! Go go go!

Things I need to do today:
Try on black tights to see which pair is best for Homura
Make stencil for the diamond pattern on her tights
Find my glue
Glue the Grief Seed back together
Maybe~ continue patterning Toshiya's kimono

Tomorrow our sewing session will be dedicated to helping my two friends finish their costumes.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #55061
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Paid shipping for my replacement braid bun. Hopefully it will be coming in soon. ^_^ I also started working so my time to work on cosplay just flew out the window. >_> Saber's shawl is taunting me to finish it....

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #55062
AlbinoShadow

I am exhausted after making all of Seth Nightroad's armor pieces...but they look so good now that they are all painted! Attaching them to the costume should be interesting. I am very excited to wear this cosplay for Halloween and then start on a new project.
AlbinoShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #55063
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

After learning about the impending 4th Witch and Wizard book, I'm determined to spruce Pearce up and wear him for Halloween. I'm really glad I have a new hat though, so I'll be able to wear it and not worry about the blood flow to my brain, since my old hat was REALLY tight with the wig.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #55064
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Trying to not get so excited but there's a chance that I might have a Once Upon a Time group with my friends that don't even cosplay! One wants to be Rumpelstiltskin(not sure which outfit yet, probably the one he wears when he meets Belle for the first time) and the other isn't sure. Even more motivation for me to pull off Red ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #55065
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Eeee, come faster Saturday! Second annual cosplay day in my city and man I can't wait. I haven't cosplayed since the end of JUNE.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote