Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #55111
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Augh mountains, why did you get cold all of a sudden? I got some photos of my Holo cosplay today but not tons since it was windy out, hoping they turned out good. And I had forgotten that I do really like that cosplay, someday I will have a chance to make some of her other outfits and wear them to a Ren Fest or something.
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #55112
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Sooooo….my brother said he’d buy me a wig for my birthday!!!! But it has to be like from the $20’s -hopefully $30 (if not $25). But idk what to get? :/ I’m searching for the wigs that I need that are in that price area. :P

Yoruichi wig (purple wig)
Twilight Sparkle Wig
Orielle Wig (long brown wig)
Saki Morimi (a peachy/orange wig)
Or another long (deep) orange wig (the other one I might let my niece use it for malon)
Poison Ivy (red/cherry wig)

So many other choices!!!!

W.I.P:
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon 41%
Ballerina Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug Ballet au 58%
Emma Swan (ballgown) - Once Upon A Time 60%
Monika Drevis - Mad Father
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #55113
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Well, after talking with my friend for a bit, I guess I'll put up a couple pics of Tamaki. Not many since I'm probably never going to wear her again since I don't like how it sits on me. I wish I knew what to do with it. There's not enough fabric to use for a mockup for Mafuyu. >_<

Also need to get a different wig for Heroine. I didn't realize how light the Tamaki one was. I'm seeing if there are any other characters I want to cosplay with light brown hair otherwise I might just sell this wig to get the darker one I need for Heroine along with an OC I've been wanting to cosplay.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #55114
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Trying to find someone that isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg for a clip-in bang commission. I don't wanna touch the clip in bangs and screw them over.

I also need to buy some cover up for my tattoo. I wasn't cosplaying when I got my tattoo and now that I've started cosplaying, it's difficult to cover it.

My hair needs to grow longer in about a month for Kollision. I wish there was just a magic potion to make it grow longer.

On the plus note, I found a way to keep my crappy wig cap in place without it sliding off or causing me problems.

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #55115
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Yay, progress! I'm mostly done with my shirt now, and tomorrow hopefully I can finish it and maybe even start/finish the corset. At the very least, I want to have started the corset and then bring it with me to mentorship to work on it.

I had my friend over earlier and I was helping her with her Halloween costume. When we finished her skirt, she put it on and started prancing around because she was really excited. Then she turned to me and asked if I felt the same way whenever I made something. And of course, I do.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #55116
LeekFish
Clow Reader

My friend helped me find a really pretty wig for Fluttershy, yay! Shame it won't arrive in time for Halloween, but I highly doubt I could have the whole outfit sewn in time anyway. I'll also have to put in a circle lens order at the end of the month, hrm...

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #55117
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Got my replacement braid bun in and the color is EXACTLY the same as my Lizzie wig. 0_0. Huh, I guess I owned an arda wig this whole time without even knowing. ^_^

Also I realized that since I'm never going to wear Gakuko again, I can dye the sleeves and use them for Chizuru's calender outfit! I would need to edit them slightly and make them a bit shorter but it is a possibility!

Quote:

Unread 10-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #55118
zeldawulffie205
aknijig reyalpsoc

Yaaaaay~! I re-convinced my mother to let me cosplay, and next year we're going to Orlando Animé Day (I'm gonna make a Luxray gijinka hopefully.) :3 We're also taking sewing lessons at JoAnn's and I'm saving up for an 100$ sewing machine we found. I have saved up about $32 dollars so far...

32/100
Almost there! c:
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #55119
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Trying to work out how to get two cosplays at Christmas. I just have to not buy anything until then.
...I will fail xD But I just..want more cosplays. I dunno. I feel like I don't have enough that I could wear to a con if I don't have plans, even though I have Len and could throw something together with Gumi for a meetup.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #55120
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Also I realized that since I'm never going to wear Gakuko again, I can dye the sleeves and use them for Chizuru's calender outfit! I would need to edit them slightly and make them a bit shorter but it is a possibility!
Chizuruuuuuuuuu~~
I'd love to see that cosplay!
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #55121
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Chizuruuuuuuuuu~~
I'd love to see that cosplay!
Haha, it will probably end up happening for this year if I can figure out how to make hakama pants without messing up too bad. XD

Quote:

Unread 10-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #55122
Kerodohi
No longer active

Quote:
Haha, it will probably end up happening for this year if I can figure out how to make hakama pants without messing up too bad. XD
Whatever you do - quadruple-measure your pleats and TRY THEM ON CONSTANTLY.
(I made a pair of hakama that ended up being too big because I cut the size right but pressed the pleats in the wrong spot and only realized after the waistband was double-sewn on top. I'm still a bit angry over my idiocy hehe)
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #55123
Blood_Sword
Pocket samurai!

Quote:
Hakama aren't too bad to make. xD You can do it!
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #55124
Shana05
Survivor

The base of both Alice (Royal Suit) and Miku are done. I just need to put the zippers in and make the big bows. I've started on Alice's bow as it requires fabric paint as well as the apron. I do need to go to Joann's again because I bought the wrong size zippers for both of them.

A-Kon 2016: Spyro Gijinka (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) - fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Rinne ??????
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #55125
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

I'll hopefully be able to get fabric for Peta this week, since my friend was at Walmart and she said there was a perfect fabric that would be light enough that I wouldn't sweat to death while wearing it. Unfortunately I have to buy it NOW when I'm not cosplaying Peta 'till next summer, since walmart changes their fabric selection so frequently DX

I foresee hating triangles by the end of this project.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Chuuya Nakahara-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote