Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #55156
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

My G.I.R. wig arrived this weekend. It looks awesome! I tried a little Silver Sharpie on it and it's going to look perfect. Now I just need time and gloves to get it done. Luckily I have until January to do that. Jane, on the other hand, needs to be done for Halloween. I wish I could decide which looks better, cutting it her usual style or just pulling it back and going for a different look. Ugh!

At least when I get home tonight I should have my two new wig caps and color ring from Arda waiting for me! I can't wait to use those wig caps. And that color ring is going to make getting wigs a whole lot easier.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #55157
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Holy crap, I actually found a greenish blonde wig for Peta! I never thought I'd find a wig that's actually green-tinged blonde, buy I did! Must buy ASAP!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #55158
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
You have no idea how happy I am to see that you picked up your calendar!Chizuru cosplay again. Be prepared for my stalking! xD
Haha, I am prepared! The funny part is, I dropped it so I could take a break from cosplays with long sleeves but that was the same reason why I picked it up again. XD And now this means I can actually finish Hakuouki(the game). I couldn't play it cause it made me want to cosplay Chizuru.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #55159
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Haha, I am prepared! The funny part is, I dropped it so I could take a break from cosplays with long sleeves but that was the same reason why I picked it up again. XD And now this means I can actually finish Hakuouki(the game). I couldn't play it cause it made me want to cosplay Chizuru.
Haha, that's quite funny!
Ah, you remind me.. *looks at PSP* I have yet to play it. *headdesk*

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #55160
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Haha, that's quite funny!
Ah, you remind me.. *looks at PSP* I have yet to play it. *headdesk*
I just played through once and it ended up Okita's bad ending. That was depressing. >_>

Also I realized there are no back pictures of Chizuru's outfit. I have no idea what the back of the obi looks like...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #55161
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I just played through once and it ended up Okita's bad ending. That was depressing. >_>

Also I realized there are no back pictures of Chizuru's outfit. I have no idea what the back of the obi looks like...
I can imagine...

Hmmm, I'll try and see if I can find something!

*~In progress~*

Unread 10-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #55162
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Having no luck finding gold fabric for Nami's skirt

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #55163
Akahime
Red Princess

This never happened to me before when I was in cosplay, but yesterday when it was still a con weekend, a boy gave me a Cinderella Study Set (had a short ruler, two pencils, an eraser, and a sharpener) he got from a "Fun Anime Box" (those mysterious boxes of random anime stuff, or something like that) and gave it to me since he loved Juvia from Fairy Tail. :3 He was too sweet and I was uber touched! <3 (Even if one of the reasons was he didn't want it, I still felt he was too sweet)! I never got gifts before. Hahaha! <3

Quote:

Dudes, my sister tells me Okita's ending is one of the hardest to get. One mistake and you don't get a good ending with him. LMAO She played on the DS one? I think? Or one of them. I still have yet to play his storyline. But I'm afraid to. 8 D LMAO
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #55164
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Gah I'm torn. I found a wig in the perfect color for Peta: Green tinged blonde-which is an impossible color to find-but I showed it to my friend and she said "Isn't Peta's hair longer?" and after a quick google search...yup. He has freaky waist-length man hair and the wig only comes to somewhere around my mid-back (I'm guessing.) So I'm not sure if I should get the wig and sacrifice a couple of inches in the hair-accuracy department, or get an ash-blonde wig that's the right length, and then tint it myself with sharpies....and sharpie dying is hard.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #55165
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Gah I'm torn. I found a wig in the perfect color for Peta: Green tinged blonde-which is an impossible color to find-but I showed it to my friend and she said "Isn't Peta's hair longer?" and after a quick google search...yup. He has freaky waist-length man hair and the wig only comes to somewhere around my mid-back (I'm guessing.) So I'm not sure if I should get the wig and sacrifice a couple of inches in the hair-accuracy department, or get an ash-blonde wig that's the right length, and then tint it myself with sharpies....and sharpie dying is hard.
I'd go with the wig. I don't think so many are going to notice that the wig is a bit too short.. and even if someone did they would probably just assume you wanted to save yourself from the tangling hell that comes with long wigs.

*~In progress~*

Unread 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #55166
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Just finished cutting out my stencils for my Homura tights. Not sure my finger is supposed to bend like this. .-.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #55167
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Kollision Con is a month from tomorrow. My wig isn't here yet and I'm getting really irritated.

As crazy as it sounds. I'm already planning cosplays for 2014. I have the two set I am doing for next year.
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #55168
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
I'd go with the wig. I don't think so many are going to notice that the wig is a bit too short.. and even if someone did they would probably just assume you wanted to save yourself from the tangling hell that comes with long wigs.
That's what I was leaning towards doing, it's just easier this way
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #55169
Chibi_Miyuki

Darn! The dress has disappeared! Sigh, oh well, guess that just means I have to go out and buy fabric for Mirajane's dress. Shoot, that fabric would've worked really well too. :P
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #55170
Ookami12
Banned

If you want something simple yet cute and adorable try dressing kigurumi style. You will guaranteed get loveable hugs wearing this i recently bought the wolf kigu. But you can get characters like pikachu and totoro! just visit the link below to check it out!
Ookami12 is offline   Reply With Quote