Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #55276
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Jo-Anns. How I love you. I got coupons in the mail today for next weekend. Honestly, I wasn't really planning on going but now...coupons! Need to get some fabric for Pascal's belt and twill for Chizuru and maybe something else...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #55277
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Panty's wings are almost done! Just need elastics to finish them off.
Also thinking of putting on High Five Ghost later. In the mood for dressing up!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #55278
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friend and I made some money for AUSA today by helping my Nana clean out her cabinets. Now it's time to relax and finish cutting out Peta's triangles.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #55279
Curucar

Beh. I braved the horrid crowds at Joanne's today since I was hellbent on getting some lining installed, but now I'm too tired to do anything. x_x
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #55280
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

My knee is hurting too much for me to do much so just going to browse eBay for wigs

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #55281
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Wasting time and procrastinating on my Halloween costume by trying to figure out if I can pull of Kirito, because holy crap I love his swords.

But ughhh I hate my shirt thing for my Halloween costume. I might change it completely. In other words, make a new one. Because I'm not really sure it's worth it to try and alter it. :|
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #55282
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Speaking of Halloween costumes... tried finishing Rarity's dress today and got very, very little done. Most of my time was spent going "EFF YOU DRESS, EFF YOU BAW." To top it off, couldn't even start the skirt because I cut one of a pattern piece that said Cut 2, and now I need more fabric. And after I just went by JoAnn's today. *headdesk* I started on the bustle, but when I realized I'd have to gather by hand since I'm dealing with tulle, I said "NOPE." Tomorrow. Tomorrow...
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen

Last edited by Reily96 : 10-27-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #55283
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Boo, feathers are expensive. There went me trying to do my next costume for mega-cheap. Guess I'd better see what I can find for free/really cheap (and if my Mom knows any poultry farmers nearby), although I need about a pound of the things, and not little fluff feathers...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #55284
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

On a mission to get some cosplay stuff done today.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #55285
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I really wish I could go to Jo-Anns today before the freak storm so I can get some cosplay things to work on if there's no school tomorrow. Oh well.

I also ended up buying a wig for Morgiana. It was only $17 and the seller had mostly good ratings so I'm hoping it will ends well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #55286
Kerodohi
No longer active

Hmmmph. I had a dream last night that I somehow acquired two more wigs.
Imagine the disappointment when I woke up T_T
Unread 10-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #55287
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

I was thinking about making something like 'life manga' - same manga style but with real photos of cosplayers and funny dialogs))
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #55288
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Heh, so now I know which of my next cosplays need attention, because I finally planned when to wear them with my friend/cosplay partner. This is good! |D
Next to be worn will be Mukuro (with her as Fran) and Porrim - less than a week away at the AniMaCo!
After that Gareki from Karneval (she'll be Nai) in January at the Japan Festival
And then Panty (with my friend as Stocking) and Kankri in March at the Leipzig Book Faire~
w00t
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #55289
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Rejoicing because school is cancelled for two days! (Perfect timing, this week is end of quarter testing, and I could really use the extra time!) Now I'm eagerly awaiting for my mom to come home so we can go to the craft store so I have stuff to work on.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #55290
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My friend and I did a Halloween 5k today as Riku and Duke Devlin. Aside from making Yu-Gi-Oh abridged jokes the whole time and running across the finish line playing "I'm bringing sexy back," I learned two things:
1) My friend is vicious when it comes to exorcise and is apparently my new personal trainer
2) my Duke wig holds up pretty well to wind and running and not tangling too badly. Hopefully it'll stay that was once I get it spiked.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote