Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1095 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #55426
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

3 Days until Anime USA, and I just realized something awesome. I was going to be wearing my Kohaku costume to school on Friday for the convention, and that's the day I have to play a butler for my drama class. My Kohaku cosplay a vest, a tie, a long coat and a short wig, which is pretty much exactly what I was gonna wear for the skit I love it when cosplay comes in handy in real life.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #55427
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

My wig and corset are in Chicago now finally. I was worried..don't think the cheap prices of eBay are worth the stress anymore though.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #55428
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Tried on everything I have for Both Hatori and Kohaku in preparation for this weekend's convention. I also learned I can color my eyebrows for both of them with relative ease. So excited for Anime USA!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #55429
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm in the planning stages of my Ukyo cosplay. After I finish Royal Suit Alice, I'll start on it. But I'm a little tempted to do her in the girl's school uniform. She only wore it in one episode, she usually wears the boy's uniform to school, but it's one of my favorites. She is most recognized for the outfit in my avatar. I'll probably end up doing her usual outfit but might do the uniform as alternate because she is just so cute in it.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #55430
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Really excited to cosplay from Hetalia . Hopefully im able to cosplay Russia and/or Canada for winter this year. Ever since I had a new-found love for Hetalia thanks to my friend Steph, im now hooked. Im also looking foward to seeing if I can cosplay others like Scotland (asdfhhjkl Scottie *_*, Prussia (I LOVE PRUSSIA XD), Germany ect. This should be fun =w=;;
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #55431
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My dad and I went to buy me a long black coat for my Isaak Von Kämpfer cosplay. When we got out of the store, I showed him a picture of Isaak to show what it'd look like when I was done. His reaction "ahh, sweet!"

My dad usually makes jokes about my cosplays and says stuff that only he thinks is funny (don't get me wrong, he supports it, but still) so having him say something enthusiastic like that makes me really happy.
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #55432
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Zelda's wig made it to my house. I also need to buy some shoe lifts so I can work on Miranda's boots. She has some long legs.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #55433
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Finally bought the egg shaped styrofoam for my niece's chibi moon wig and clay for her hair accessories and some stuff to make some fabric roses for my nephew's Tuxedo Mask cosplay

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #55434
Zaiten

I'm wondering where I can get the best deals on the Styrofoam heads for wigs. I'm trying to find some in my local towns but man.. I almost miss living right next to a big city!

I'm also feeling nervous as my wigs have come in but I'll be my first time attempting to style one so I'm just sort of leaving them there for now.. well, except for a few bad pictures! Yay fail bathroom shots.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #55435
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
I'm wondering where I can get the best deals on the Styrofoam heads for wigs. I'm trying to find some in my local towns but man.. I almost miss living right next to a big city!

I'm also feeling nervous as my wigs have come in but I'll be my first time attempting to style one so I'm just sort of leaving them there for now.. well, except for a few bad pictures! Yay fail bathroom shots.
sallys beauty supply?

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #55436
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post

Try the wig stores or Sally's. hobby lobby has some but are for big heads like me.

I'm now wondering how to even put on a corset @_@

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #55437
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

So happy get to go fabric shopping this weekend!!! I'm hoping to have enough if things work right. I just may be able to finish a Reira cosplay for Ikasucon if i'm lucky.

On a another good note i was able to find the perfect long black nails for Schera's gloves at the halloween store i worked at before it closed. still want to take her a slow and precise as possible so i doubt she'd be done within the year.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #55438
ghosgreen

I got a taste trying my Halo Marine armor for the first time....WOW! It felt awesome to finally be able to wear it! Four years! Four long years of struggling my way through cosplaying I finally got to wear it! Damn I am so close it's crazy! Sorry...I'm just a bit excited, it's been a long journey for me. A little back story when I first started out cosplaying the costume I really wanted to do was Halo. But that kept getting pushed back again and again because of lack of resources, or lack of knowledge, not happy with a certain piece or no money to put into it. So I've slowly been learning and progressively getting better and better and in the mean time I've perfected other costumes and now got some really cool costumes under my belt now but Halo has always been eluding me these last few years. Always just out of reach. So getting to this point it's really an a accomplishment for me. Rather fitting too since things are finally falling into place and I have the resources I need to get this done and I'm taking my costuming to a new level if that makes sense lol.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #55439
amber_wheeler88

Trying to decide if I want to do a long wig for my genderbent Kakashi Sensei or his normal hair. I just CAN NOT decide! Gah!
amber_wheeler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #55440
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Where do I go after the next build... I probably will work on my "photoshoot only" wings

In the next build, I'll be merging the last two builds I've made into a single wing.

I need to rework the harness to minimize weight as well as minimize the amount of space taken up in luggage space because it's a huge premium for the realty.

Perhaps, there is still much to do.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote