Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1177 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #55486
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

I think the duration between conventions for the winter is too long. I have plenty to do, but just feel utterly unmotivated to touch any of it lately. Bleh.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #55487
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Just ordered a wig and my lenses shipped. Yay! Tomorrow I'll make a trip to Joann's to try and find a pattern for my surprise cosplay.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #55488
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

It has been ever since Kuroshitsuji that I've gotten so into an anime that I WANT to watch it every night, and I'm really glad I took a chance on Sword Art Online. It's right up my alley, and it seriously only took me and a few others a few minutes to plan half a group, haha. I just hope my parents understand I need passion to cosplay whatever I plan to, and right now all my passion is in SAO, not Ciel or Gumi >_< I don't wanna be scolded for getting wiiigs.
I am excited to be Silica, though. I've already contacted a website that does moving dragon/gryphon puppets to ask whether it would be possible to get something close to what Pina looks like, or whether I'll have to find a good commissioner to get a plushie (either would be fine, I just thought it might be cool to get a moving one..plus, if anyone knows or is a good commissioner that would be able to do it, go ahead and message me so I know you exist XD)
I just...December hurry up >_< I don't think I have the money for a wig right nooow..

EDIT: On the same subject..bah..why is it always me ;-; Of course a girl comes up and says she wants to be the same character as me. I'm always the one stuck with doubles. It isn't like I hate them or anything (and there will no doubt be other Asunas and whatnot that I hang out with, especially if I wear Silica to more than one con), it's just frustrating that it always only seems to be me, even when doing minor characters .~. Hmph. //minor rant
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 11-10-2012 at 10:05 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #55489
Curucar

Hm. I'm five hours into my sewn scalemaille project and seriously considering completely starting over. I'm just not happy with the 1/2" spacing for the scales-- I think it'd look more like properly woven scalemaille with 3/4" spacing. T_T
Unread 11-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #55490
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

So, I cut out my pants and sewed them together. The good news is, THEY FIT!

The bad news is, they just barely fit, everything is fine with them, except where they are on my hips. If the pattern had fit on the fabric like it should of, I would of have perfect pants, with no problems.

Luckily I'm currently trying to loose weight to begin with, so hopefully I can loose enough where they'll fit. Because I can still move in the pants, they are just slightly uncomfortable around my hips. And it's noticeable that it's tight there. Though if push comes to shove, I can add a tiny bit more fabric to save them. and I'll have a tunic to cover the top of the pants to begin with. c:

What I am working on:
(New)Utena Tenjou - Revolutionary Girl Utena
(New)Mokoto Tachibana (Ver. Future Fish) - Free!
(New)Marika Kato (Ver. Space Pirate Captain) - Bodacious Space Pirates
(Fixing)Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #55491
ghosgreen

So busy...got reminded about a commission I'm supposed to be doing, then the other one I need to get started and the costume I need to finish, plus everything else I wanted to get done before the kon. Not to mention the school work, job and another side project I'm working on. Ugh starting to feel a bit overwhelming and a bit frustrating now.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #55492
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I'm a bit loopy from the pain killers I'm on...

So I ended up messing with my wigs...and by messing I mean making a big mess with them because I own a lot and I don't trust myself with scissors when I'm like this...Anyways apparently the whole idea of 'oh, I could just use this for a different cosplay' doesn't appear to work with me nor does selling my wigs online. I've sold more to my friends irl then online. Also, a few I forgot to wash after hairspray and look like dead rats according to my parents so I need to wash them in the near future.

So, I've added another person to my cosplay list. Sinbad from Magi because I'm far to ambitious for my own good. Seriously.... I have a lot to finish! Not to mention school!...which I am behind in still from my last convention and trying to get Saber done.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #55493
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Need to fix up orihime wig and find some shoes to fit her. Still waiting on Misty wig...which will probably need to be adjusted and add wefts to like my Orihime one. Still need to dye her shirt,find new shorts,a pokeball,red bag,and some white sneakers. Also need to save up for Rangiku wig. So much still left to do...

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #55494
wildtigerbunny
i've got daddy problems

so my old wig for korra is becoming a tangled mess and is really awful looking, the one i ordered not long ago has been delayed, so it seems i may have to buy one from ardawigs and pray it gets here by the 17th. But if all goes well i should get it by friday. I already made the hair tubies thingies(at last) and now i'm just debating whether I should go jacket or no jacket. i got confused as katara once when i wore the jacket so now i'm a little weary of it.
Raven:Teen Titans - Dragon Age: Grey Warden Commander -
wildtigerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #55495
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Finally have pictures of my Mukuro cosplay! *dances*
In progress:
| Uta - 85%|
| Final Haikyuu Qest!Tooru Oikawa - 80%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #55496
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

About my Lord Raptor cosplay. Looks like I might need to buy a red morph suit for the body details
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #55497
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Found out about a new-ish con roughly in our area, and within ten minutes we already have a schedule planned.

Boom. Instant motivation to work on cosplay.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #55498
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Soooooo, Kell, I may try doing a casual Boo cosplay instead of 1920s. And I'm formulating design ideas in my head.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #55499
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Soooooo, Kell, I may try doing a casual Boo cosplay instead of 1920s. And I'm formulating design ideas in my head.
That's good too! I'm working on the Poltergust 3000 for Luigi, so we could get some really funny photos. :3

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #55500
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I need to start touch up painting some props and making sure my cosplay is all good for a convention Thanksgiving weekend...Maybe on Thursday on my day off
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote