Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:35 AM   #55606
sandquillgw
My hair glows when I sing

Really want to get started on my cosplays but I'm trying to wait and see if I get any gift cards for Christmas. I had fabric but then my cosplay list unexpectedly changed. I suppose I could work on some I won't get to wear till next year or so, or maybe some small props. It's cosplay withdrawl.

Katsucon '15
Zenkaikon '15
Wizard World Philly '15

currently working on:

Bravest Warriors - Catbug
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - Eucliwood
Candyland - Princess Frostine

Plus repairs and improvements on numerous costumes!!
sandquillgw is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #55607
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Soon there will be lots of progress! I ordered a few things from Amazon on Friday and the goggles and gels for my new GIR lenses might be here today! That means hopefully for Ohayocon I'll be able to both wear the goggles and see! Saturday I finally went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a male wig head to use when I'm styling wigs. My head is definitely bigger than the usual wig head, hopefully this'll help them look better when I put them on.
I'm hoping this weekend to get GIR's wig styled and ready to go. I may even try to get started on Wolfwood's confessional!

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #55608
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

A short story about my convention cameras~

So back in 2004, when I first started getting into cosplay and going to conventions, my parents got me my first digital camera. It's an Exilim S500 and I've been using it to this day. It's an amazing camera, just barely larger than a credit card and only .6 of an inch thick. Fits in all my hidden pockets without being heavy or bulgy.

But two years ago I felt that, while it was still a good camera, especially with the quality of the audio in the videos I was taking, it might be time for an upgrade. The pictures aren't really crisp and I have to spend forever focusing or changing settings to get a picture that still isn't quite as good as the photo instantly snapped by someone else.

After a lot of research on my end, my parents got me an Exilim S200 for Christmas two years ago. It's about half an inch longer than my old camera, and only .1 of an inch thicker (when it comes to hidden pockets it matters, trust me), and the pictures were the kind of upgrade I had been looking for, not to mention the amazing video quality. The only downside was it was kind of fiddly about not turning on when I wanted to use it. The camera was 4 months old when I took it to its first convention.

Two months after that, it was sitting on my bedside table along with a tall glass of water, which is completely ordinary for me. I somehow managed to shatter the glass of water in my sleep, thus dousing my new camera. D: It didn't turn on when I tried it. I decided that I was an adult now, with a job and capable of making up for my own mistakes, and so I bought myself a new camera, the same model, for my birthday. It was used and arrived not working.

And so I took it as a sign continued to use my old camera. I've gotten some really great pictures and videos since then. But at the last convention I went to in October, the best I could produce after fighting with lighting and focus was some appallingly blurry video with great audio, I thought again that maybe I should see if there were any good, tiny cameras on sale for Black Friday. I dusted off my non-working camera and charged the battery, just to make sure one last time that it wouldn't work. Nothing.

And so last night, when Amazon started their Black Friday sales (yes, already), I picked up my non-working camera to look for the model number to do some comparative research on dimensions and put it on the bed in the dark. After half a dozen picking ups and putting downs, I saw that suddenly the LCD screen was on. What. It was showing the original "enter the date" screen you see when you first start up the camera. It worked.

If the Cosplay Gods extend their reach to cameras, they must be laughing so hard right now.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #55609
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Arda's new Wizarding Wigs are beautiful. But I have absolutely no use for them.
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #55610
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Just started reading this manga called Rolan the Forgotten King. I REALLY want to cosplay Rolan.

I also found out I'd be the first person ever to cosplay him, so I think I'm gonna go for it! ^^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #55611
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Arda's new Wizarding Wigs are beautiful. But I have absolutely no use for them.
I feel the same way!

So my test last night worked better than expected! Can't wait to do the real test when I go home. Zangoose will be awesome.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #55612
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

A few of my friends keep trying to convince me to go to a certain convention in December, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #55613
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Started reading Kuroko no Basket Sunday night and I'm already to chapter 76.
Dear glob, is my cosplayer heart beating rapidly plus my jock side is calling.
Must pick character to cosplay IMMEDIATELY.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #55614
Hcoregamer00
PMX/Otakorp/Lunar Fest

I love the Fall weather for cosplay photography but the sun sets too early >_<

Photography Blog, dA, FB Fan Page, Personal Blog

Future Cons: Anime Los Angeles, Otakon Vegas
Hcoregamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #55615
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

God, I'm focusing too much on cosplays that are a year away DX

Damn you Rolan Flamberge and your expressive hair and pretty tailcoat/vest hybrid and the fact that I'll be the first person to cosplay you!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #55616
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Have to finish two costumes this week since it's some of the only "free" time I'll have before Winter Break, and I need to complete Fluttershy and my secret cosplay before then. Oh dear. At least they're not as colossal as my Gala Pinkie.

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #55617
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I like how my friend searches through his closet for his cosplay stuff the week of the convention, and can't find an important piece of the costume...*facepalms*

Also he doesn't have money to buy the thing again...
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #55618
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

One of my friends suggested I just use silver sharpie when I said I needed something to color my eyebrows... I wonder whether that would work well. o_o;;

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #55619
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumoshi View Post
One of my friends suggested I just use silver sharpie when I said I needed something to color my eyebrows... I wonder whether that would work well. o_o;;
I think I would be worried about getting it out if it does work. 0_0

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #55620
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I'm mostly interested in seeing the photos I appeared in and the videos as well but at the same time... I keep reminding myself... forget it, it won't be pretty... so I'll forget it.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote