Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1107 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #55651
Serako
Female gentleman~

Can I cry? I keep saying I'm gonna get my Alec sweater done but just found out that HEY my method of dying this thing SUCKS.
AND TO YOU, YOU STUPID ALEC WIG: I hate you. Your beautiful for a steriotypical rainbow-y gay man but...but... Alec's a cat lady with moth holes! WHY MUST YOU BE SO LONG AND SEXEH?! I mean your half way down my neck, your longer than my real hair. I'M A GIRL.
UGGGGGGGHJHHHHHHH
Everytime I think I'm happy with my progress I see a pic of Kevin, the real actor picked to play alec, and I just wanna crawl into a corner and burn down the world.
Should've chosen "Sebastian" to cosplay. Me and him, could seriously burn it to the ground.
Seriously.
-_-
Vanya (white violin), The Umbrella Academy
Wiccan, the Young Avengers
http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #55652
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

@Touchman: I think it's just a ponytail wig with additional clip on ponytail. Like the Jeannie wig from Arda.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #55653
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Finished the shoulders to Syaoran's cape. Debating whether to make more progress on the cape or to read more Kuroko no Basket/Yu Yu Hakusho.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #55654
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Got my Kaito wig styled, I'm so happy! Now I'm pretty much set for Katsucon (with that cosplay anyway.)
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #55655
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Ugh, my friend always seems unprepared for every con. He was planning on getting more hair coloring this week for a con this week, but ended up not having money. The whole $2 or so...now I may have to take him to the store the day of the con to buy more, since his parents sure won't bring him to the store. Don't want to wake up earlier, especially since I'm doing Black Friday shopping tomorrow too... :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #55656
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Arda is tempting me with their new winter wigs. May have to buy the Valentina for my Boo cosplay...among other things.
@Kell, I've decided on making a sorcerer Boo. Because magic.
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #55657
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Arda is tempting me with their new winter wigs. May have to buy the Valentina for my Boo cosplay...among other things.
@Kell, I've decided on making a sorcerer Boo. Because magic.
>.>

<.<

How'd you know I was here?! :P

The idea sounds intriguing! I just got my shoes for Luigi, so I'm set! Just need to order the vacuum parts for the Poltergust!

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #55658
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Just found out that my friend that I normally go to conventions with probably won't be able to go on Sunday for a convention happening this weekend. If he ends up not going on Sunday, not sure if I should skip too since I may be bored Although some of my other con friends may entertain me :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #55659
CautiousAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Arda is ALWAYS tempting me with their wigs. I have zero will power. ><

I actually just got done dying one of their wigs! It's not quite as dark as I wanted, but i'm still SOOOO HAPPY about it right now. And since my house if full of relatives for Thanksgiving, I can't really squeal about it like I want to.

http://cautiousamber.tumblr.com/post...-my-akashi-wig
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

2014 Events: Kawa Kon, Nakakon, Anime Central, Cosplacon,ACE, Motaku, Nebraskon

tumblr / deviantart
CautiousAmber is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #55660
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

@CautiousAmber: Yeah, I've been eyeing Arda for so long now. But my cosplay ideas keep changing so I never end up buying myself a wig! I did buy my best friend their Nia Candy Striper, and the Valentina complements it so well (for an Alice in Wonderland idea I have). I guess it will be an early Christmas present for myself.

@Kell: I always know when you're on cosplay.com. You and every other logged in user!
Unread 11-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #55661
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I'm itching to photograph some local cosplayers. >_<
I really want some more practice and there are lots of lovely backdrops around Nashville.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #55662
CautiousAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
I'm itching to photograph some local cosplayers. >_<
I really want some more practice and there are lots of lovely backdrops around Nashville.
Nashville has some gorgeous locations! I've been there several times.

I'm hopefully going to be getting a better camera soon + taking a few photography classes, I can't wait to do some real cosplay photoshoots. <3
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

2014 Events: Kawa Kon, Nakakon, Anime Central, Cosplacon,ACE, Motaku, Nebraskon

tumblr / deviantart
CautiousAmber is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #55663
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Never thought I would be getting a lot of cosplay stuff done on Thanskgiving but I have. 0_0 Morgiana is pretty much done, just need to make her leg wraps and necklace, Saber now has a necklace and I just finished putting the details on the greave, now need to figure out how to attach it to my leg. >_>

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #55664
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Phew. I feel like I have been on a whirlwind fabric acquisition period, with only moderate success.

Red has her cloak fabric and lining, her skirt material, and possibly her bodice material (if I feel I am satisfied with the one I bought) collected. I haven't been able to find overskirt material as of yet, that matches. But we're getting there.

Non-generic/Generic steampunk thingie has her skirt material, and corset material, but not the linings, contrasts and some random notions.

In short, I have lots of random fabric, less money, and a naked dressform awaiting her next fashion show.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #55665
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hmm, I wonder if the woodbaby puppet site (the people that make the shoulder-puppets with heads that move by that hidden cable device) could do a sort-of-custom colour order for an owl. I'm going to get myself an owl one, and I would LOVE if they could do one with the specific markings/colours to Owloysius from MLP. Especially since I was going to wear it for, first off, my Twilight Sparkle cosplay. How many can say they've got a shoulder-Owloysius for a prop?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote