Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1522 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #55666
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Hm. Debating about making a sewing blog, since journals are still down here. Can't think of a good name for it though. Pins and Needles is taken in every shape and form. Wise-Guise is a company and Bobbin for -, I can't figure out how to finish. *sighes* Any ideas?

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #55667
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Bobbin For Threads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #55668
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

Finally uploaded the pictures from Anime USA that I took as Hatori! http://www.cosplay.com/costume/408618/

Now I just gotta get my butt in gear and upload the Kohaku ones.
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,

Last edited by Quinn the Shiki : 11-23-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #55669
AnimeLuxray25
Rampardos! ♥

Woot...might be done with my gijinka!Luxray tail soon. Just gotta sew the black part up and attatch it to the star. Still deciding whether I should stuff the black part or just leave it flat. Hm. I'll figure something out.

Night y'all.

~ " don't judge other cosplayers, 'cause in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps " :3 ~

2016 Cosplay Plans: Leafeon. - 80% [Pokémon]
Poochyena. - 100% [Pokémon]
Magnemite. - 0% [Pokémon]

2016 Conventions: Hmm...

my deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
GPXplus: AnimeLuxray25(Feed my Pokémon! :3)
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #55670
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Bobbin For Threads?
Heheh, punny. I like puns, we're going in the right direction. Bobbin for Baubles? Ermemmm....How about Magic and Stitchcraft? Or could I replace "Magic" with another like sounding sewing term?

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #55671
riotousrhythm

So excited! I got my boots and a few hundred dollars worth of fabric for my Alter Saber cosplays for mega cheap thanks to black friday. I can't wait to start on these! My wig won't arrive til around christmas time but everything else will be here around my birthday.
riotousrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #55672
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

Got myself a new wig for Lui. I'm really excited to start working on some more of his outfits now ^^
Weirdmageddon!Wendy-Gravity Falls, Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Oswald Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Kirara Amanogawa-Go! Princess Precure, Mami Tomoe (Charlotte Hoodie)-Madoka Magica, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #55673
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I just played Ib today and it brought up so many feels! I wanna do an Ib cosplay now... Now I just need one of my tall friends to be Garry with me. X3
Kagerou (Fire Emblem: Fates) - 63%
Foleo (Fire Emblem: Fates) - planning
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #55674
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I wanna get my Poison Ivy and my Shirayuki wig for Christmas :/ They're both soooo.....red! xD

W.I.P:
Princess Luchia Nanami - Mermaid Melody 25%
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon 41%

2016 Cosplans
Cinderella (Brandy version)
Beth Tezuka - Bravest Warriors
Steampunk!Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Burlesque Black Cat - Noflutter
Snow White - Designer Doll
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #55675
ghosgreen

I'm a little ticked off at one of my friends at the moment. Just got asked to make a helmet as a display piece that is about 3 to 5 inches tall in two weeks. There's a lot of problems with this. Smaller does not mean easier and it does not mean cheaper. Not when you're trying to get high definition details either trying to carve those little details into a small piece. Ugh I'm just annoyed she only gave me a two weeks heads up and my other friend who is thankfully gonna help me is not happy about this either. But despite all this it is for Christmas so I'm gonna do it and I even gave a small discount. I'm still not happy about the whole thing but ugh. Oh well. I think in the future I need to write a policy for when I take commissions to at least give me a better heads up.

Last edited by ghosgreen : 11-24-2012 at 01:27 AM.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #55676
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Went to a con today (will be going next 2 days also), and it was really kind of lacking Panels just sort of suck, and there was not much going on due to lots of people not being able to go due to Thanksgiving weekend. Within 1 hour of the con starting, me and some friends went to the mall nearby. The mall was actually really crappy with lots of closed stores, but the looks from people at all of us in cosplay was awesome!

What did end up making my night though for me was when me and some other people went to check out a panel The Pocky Game. The panel was over already, but the person running it still had the room for about 15 minutes, so someone suggested we dance. Lol, me and some other people ended up going Gangnam Style, and it was soooooooo much fun ^.^

That and earlier in the day me and a friend did the elevator scene from the Gangnam Style video randomly XD
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #55677
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Why is this pattern so gosh darn confusing? Man, leave it to me to pick something seemingly simple only to have it turn into a ton of frustration. Sigh.

Oh, and my sewing machine needs to be taken in for repairs or something because nobody can figure out what's wrong with it. :I Luckily my roommate's mom is letting me borrow hers.

But on the bright side, snagged some stuff for Fluttershy during the Black Friday sales, and going to Joann's in the morning for more fabric. Whoo!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #55678
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Airing out the pleather/vinyl a bit before starting on Quorra. PHEW. Why does vinyl have to smell so bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #55679
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Impulse bought a new wig for Charden Flamberg (Black Cat). Curse you, Epic Cosplay Black Friday deals.

I should have it before the con next weekend, so yay!
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: Fanime (possibly Kraken Con and other small local things?)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #55680
Quinn the Shiki
Please Hug Ricky Gracely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Impulse bought a new wig for Charden Flamberg (Black Cat). Curse you, Epic Cosplay Black Friday deals.

I should have it before the con next weekend, so yay!
Yay Charden! I can't wait to see pictures ^^

went on a post-black friday shopping trip with my mom and got a ton of cosplay stuff. She also bought me some seriously epic, awesomely accurate and wonderfully comfortable boots for Ludwig as an early christmas present! I never thought I'd be able to find shoes that look so much like Lui's Hooker boots of doom and don't murder my feet but these are wonderful!