Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1110 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #55681
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

I just played Ib today and it brought up so many feels! I wanna do an Ib cosplay now... Now I just need one of my tall friends to be Garry with me. X3
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #55682
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I wanna get my Poison Ivy and my Shirayuki wig for Christmas :/ They're both soooo.....red! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #55683
ghosgreen

I'm a little ticked off at one of my friends at the moment. Just got asked to make a helmet as a display piece that is about 3 to 5 inches tall in two weeks. There's a lot of problems with this. Smaller does not mean easier and it does not mean cheaper. Not when you're trying to get high definition details either trying to carve those little details into a small piece. Ugh I'm just annoyed she only gave me a two weeks heads up and my other friend who is thankfully gonna help me is not happy about this either. But despite all this it is for Christmas so I'm gonna do it and I even gave a small discount. I'm still not happy about the whole thing but ugh. Oh well. I think in the future I need to write a policy for when I take commissions to at least give me a better heads up.

Last edited by ghosgreen : 11-24-2012 at 12:27 AM.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #55684
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Went to a con today (will be going next 2 days also), and it was really kind of lacking Panels just sort of suck, and there was not much going on due to lots of people not being able to go due to Thanksgiving weekend. Within 1 hour of the con starting, me and some friends went to the mall nearby. The mall was actually really crappy with lots of closed stores, but the looks from people at all of us in cosplay was awesome!

What did end up making my night though for me was when me and some other people went to check out a panel The Pocky Game. The panel was over already, but the person running it still had the room for about 15 minutes, so someone suggested we dance. Lol, me and some other people ended up going Gangnam Style, and it was soooooooo much fun ^.^

That and earlier in the day me and a friend did the elevator scene from the Gangnam Style video randomly XD
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #55685
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Why is this pattern so gosh darn confusing? Man, leave it to me to pick something seemingly simple only to have it turn into a ton of frustration. Sigh.

Oh, and my sewing machine needs to be taken in for repairs or something because nobody can figure out what's wrong with it. :I Luckily my roommate's mom is letting me borrow hers.

But on the bright side, snagged some stuff for Fluttershy during the Black Friday sales, and going to Joann's in the morning for more fabric. Whoo!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #55686
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Airing out the pleather/vinyl a bit before starting on Quorra. PHEW. Why does vinyl have to smell so bad?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #55687
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Impulse bought a new wig for Charden Flamberg (Black Cat). Curse you, Epic Cosplay Black Friday deals.

I should have it before the con next weekend, so yay!

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #55688
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Impulse bought a new wig for Charden Flamberg (Black Cat). Curse you, Epic Cosplay Black Friday deals.

I should have it before the con next weekend, so yay!
Yay Charden! I can't wait to see pictures ^^

went on a post-black friday shopping trip with my mom and got a ton of cosplay stuff. She also bought me some seriously epic, awesomely accurate and wonderfully comfortable boots for Ludwig as an early christmas present! I never thought I'd be able to find shoes that look so much like Lui's Hooker boots of doom and don't murder my feet but these are wonderful!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #55689
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

My mother's mother is an awesome seamstress, and when she visits us sometime in December, she said she'll help me on gijinka!Luxray.

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #55690
kitsuneheart

I'm so happy right now! After weeks of searching for the right shade of purple cloth for my Spirit!Zelda cosplay, I had finally decided to just break down and buy white sateen and some purple dye to just try getting the right color myself; as I was walking through Joanne's to look for the dye I ended up walking past the remnants bin. And there, staring me in the face, was the PERFECT shade of purple cloth that I needed and it was a material that would actually work! Better yet, there was 3/4 of a yard which was exactly what I needed and it was less then $2 on sale~ :3
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #55691
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH THIS COSPLAY IS DRIVING ME EFFING NUTS.
Quorra, WHY WILL YOU NOT FIT RIGHT????
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #55692
Emi
want some pins with that?

I got shoes for Terezi and a bunch of plain shirts on which to do iron-on transfers. I might stop by Joann's again tomorrow before I go back to college and get some fabric. I also ordered my tights for my Christmas-themed cosplay and might order a wig on Monday if Arda's sale is good.

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #55693
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Quietly begging people to join my panel. This is gonna be fun.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #55694
Suican
Cosplay Speedrunner

Finished two helmets today. It's a huge relief since we plan to have at least four new costumes by Otakon 2013. Suicidal I know. :P
Suican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #55695
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

My mom wants a Christmas wishlist and to do that I need to organize which cosplays I want to do when.
This is difficult.

I've started to practice embroidering for my senior prom dress, which is practice for Rose Adagio Ahiru. It's a little frustrating because I can't get the thread tension to a place where the fabric won't pucker but the stitches won't appear loose. Maybe I'll do the entire thing in beads and rhinestones instead, or just embroider tulle. :'D
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote