Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #55711
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

ordered my wig for cosplay i have planned. I would say who, but until i get it and see if i can actually use then i'll shareXDD

~Working On~
Maria Posada (The Book of Life)~50%
Yuna Ver. Songstress (FFX-2)~0%
Miku Hatsune (Sweet Devil)~0%
Scanty (PSG/W Garterbelt)~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~75%
Freya (Chobits)~10%

ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #55712
PSY-chan
Human Bubblewrap

Found out I can probably order my wigs tonight! Hopefully they are both available...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #55713
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Man, I was really hoping to have both of these cosplays done this week. OTL This is going to be difficult. My surprise cosplay is at the point where it should be downhill from here though at least, since it looks like all the really difficult stuff is over. As for Fluttershy, she really couldn't be easier, so she'll be a breeze to finish up. xD; Yay!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #55714
PSY-chan
Human Bubblewrap

Got my wigs! Stupid browser didn't work so I switched. Thank goodness...
Now I have to do a Princess Bubblegum cosplay cause I have the wig for it.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #55715
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I'm really hoping I get both my Poison Ivy and Shirayuki wig for Christmas!!! >.< that would be soo awesome!

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Art Nouveau Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Belle - Beauty and the Beast
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #55716
Blood_Sword
aka Shiro Samurai

Oh, just noticed that MoeMall has a 10% off on all wigs... *tries to resist urge to buy wigs I've been bookmarking for a while now* xD
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #55717
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

To hunt down and match fabric for Hyuna's sweater from scratch, or to take apart and reassemble a sweater from Forever 21. Hm.

Looks like I'm going shopping.
Unread 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #55718
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I got so much done this weekend. I washed and styled GIR and The Doctor's wigs. I also got Wolfwood's wig styled. I made the new lenses for GIR's goggles, so I can see while still having green lenses. I found sweatshirts for Dog Disguise!GIR. I bought some fake cigs for Wolfwood and another cosplay. I bought Gaz's tights and ordered the socks for her armwarmers. Eleven's bowtie and another thing for the TARDIS bag arrived. I got the yarn for both Four and Seven's arm-warmers ordered. I bought the fabric for Six's umbrella. I ordered another item for the TARDIS bag. And I found an even better houndstooth skirt for Two. So much money, yet so much progress!
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #55719
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

I got back from Kollision Con last night and it was kind of iffy. I am not sure I'm going back but now I have about 4 different cosplays to work on for next year. I am not suffering from post-con depression.

I just hope I can afford it all.

Future Cons
Daisho-Con 2016 [All Days]
Con-Alt-Delete 2016 [All Days]
Katsucon 2017 [All Days]
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #55720
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Having the urge to cosplay Flaming June's characters again. >_< Not good. Plus it doesn't help I almost have everything for the girl from Invincible Solider but her cloak and a wig. Gah, I need to finish what I'm working on now before moving on to other things.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #55721
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

This morning, i bought enough wigs from Adra's Cyber Monday sale to double my wig collection. Admittedly, two of them are for my husband's costumes, but the other two are mine.

Hansel in Natural Black for one Harry Dresden (I also just ordered his black leather duster last night, along with a variety of shields for the bracelet, which should be here in time for Christmas). Hansel in Spanish Brown for the 10th doctor (mine). Derek in pure white, which I am going to sharpie color in order to make a male Twilight Sparkle wig for my husband.

And then I picked up the new holiday wig they have, because I adore the color (I got the Kisla) and the money goes to a good cause.

So in one morning, I pretty much bought all the pieces needed for my husband's Harry Dresden costume, since I am in no way up for making a leather duster. Heh, no.

And as I'm home sick today, thanks to some sort of plague passed around the thanksgiving table, I'll be able to finish sewing the bias tape on my Pinkie Pie bodice.

/end long, rambling cold medicine influenced post.

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #55722
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
So in one morning, I pretty much bought all the pieces needed for my husband's Harry Dresden costume, since I am in no way up for making a leather duster. Heh, no.
Yay for more Harry! I am with you on the duster. It was hard enough to get a canvas one made. Where did you end up getting the leather one from? I'd like to get a leather one someday.
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #55723
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
Yay for more Harry! I am with you on the duster. It was hard enough to get a canvas one made. Where did you end up getting the leather one from? I'd like to get a leather one someday.
I managed to find one on Ebay that is pretty much exactly what is described in the books. My husband wears trench coats, so I'm actually content to get him one of these for Christmas, as he'll wear it to pieces outside of cosplay. Depending on how it fits him when we get it, I may see about commissioning a longer mantle for it... Dresden wears one that goes nearly to his elbows, which I have been completely unable to find.

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #55724
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
I managed to find one on Ebay that is pretty much exactly what is described in the books. My husband wears trench coats, so I'm actually content to get him one of these for Christmas, as he'll wear it to pieces outside of cosplay. Depending on how it fits him when we get it, I may see about commissioning a longer mantle for it... Dresden wears one that goes nearly to his elbows, which I have been completely unable to find.
Nice! That mantle is annoying. I guess I'll just stick with the canvas one for now then.
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #55725
Quinn the Shiki
I'm in Raffaenzo Hell

Gah! I wish my Lui wig would hurry up and get here! I was hoping to have it by Friday so I could get my friend to trim the bangs!

Also, I wore my Lui boots to school to see how comfortable they are for extended periods of time. They were actually pretty comfortable (though going up stairs kinda sucks...Gee Otakon's gonna be fun this year -_-) and I can walk in them pretty well!

...except tripping over the heels in English class and almost falling flat on my face in front of everyone while walking out the door. I was fine though, I got back up and shouted "I Meant to do that! Dammit Wilhelm!" and left.
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) May-Pokemon, Peggy Carter-Marvel's Agent Carter, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Noah Czerny-The Raven Cycle, Dia Kurosawa-Love Live Sunshine, Osamu Dazai-Bungou Stray Dogs, Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Hugh the bee boy-Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Graphic Novel version,) Cynthia-Pokemon,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote