Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1096 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #55711
SA2R
King of the Skies

Totally burnt up the belt from of my Magic armor XD It's my fault for being distracted. Guess I have to start over *sigh* they took me 3 hours ;u; That is the part that hurts.

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #55712
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

I got majorly lucky today. My Dad has a old guitar that has a broken neck. He said I could keep it though. It only looks broken from the back and now I can take some awesome pictures of Spain with a really cool prop!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ

Last edited by chibierwin : 11-25-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: grammar
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #55713
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ugh. I really don't think I can fit this cosplay right without a dressform. It has to fit skin-tight, but it's ALSO pleather, and I have to fasten it up the sides, which I can't really do on morethan one side without right-out sewing it. So combine the two, and just "keep sewing and try and fit it right" won't work because it'll mark up my cosplay. FUCK. And I'm still trying to figure out just how I can do the neck/collar AND get into the damn thing. There's a high collar and lights everywhere I could possibly put a zipper, and the mesh/neoprene on the throat and chest would pretty well have to be sewn in place, and I am NOT even gonna try putting an invisible zipper into that.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #55714
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I've been watching a ton of Yu Yu Hakusho today while I decorated my christmas tree, I think I'm going to cosplay Sakyo. I've been wanting to on-and-off for a month or so now and I think I'm just gonna go for it, I already have everything except a wig anyway.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #55715
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Squee! After moaning about the impossibility of getting this thing fitted right without a form to use, Mom said "How much? I'll get you one for your birthday" (which is in two weeks). I'm soooooooo thankful. A dressform will make all of my costumes a crapton easier and I've wanted one, just never particularly NEEDED one, for a long damn time.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #55716
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Well since I have time on my hand I'm going to be working on fixing my Mizore skirt because: 1) it's big on me since I lost weight since the last time I made it (yay for weight lost xD ) and 2) because when I made this skirt I did it by hand and now that I know how to use a sewing machine I'd like to make it better! ^_^

I'm also re-making my Sailor Mercury skirt because when I was last making it I was kinda in a rush and I accidently cut it a bit too short in the back and well since I'll be taking her to ALA soon I don't want any accidents happening xD my sailor tiara should arrive by the end of the month!

And now I have sudden urge to cosplay as Sherry from RE6 and a team magma grunt xD oh me and my silly ideas haha~!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose/Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 11-25-2012 at 06:16 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #55717
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

I did some more work on my Lord raptor cosplay.
I'm not gonna front. I (censored) it up
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #55718
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Just got home from Kollision Con, and now uploading videos. I have to say that this year was pretty bad and organized compared to last, but it had it's moments. Lots of Gangnam Style throughout the weekend!

Friends seem to keep asking my about a con in December, but still not sure I'm going. Leaning towards no though, but you never know :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #55719
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So I just found out my wig for my Heroine is here on campus. It wasn't in my mailbox though. >_> Well then, I need to go on a mad hunt around campus for it. It's also the third week after I paid the commissioner for Morgiana's bracelets. She said she would have an update for me by the third week. Really hope it comes soon, I can't wait to see them.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #55720
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Hoping the wig I need is still available during Arda's sale tomorrow...
I may have to buy another wig for myself. I'm thinking Princess Bubblegum for kicks.

@Touchman: Your Morgiana cosplay looks great so far!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #55721
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post

@Touchmon: Your Morgiana cosplay looks great so far!
Thanks! ^_^

I've been really obsessed with FF X-2 music recently it's so weird. 0_o Honestly, it's been making me want to cosplay Lenne despite the fact that I've NEVER played the game and I really don't want to cosplay from something I never played.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #55722
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

ordered my wig for cosplay i have planned. I would say who, but until i get it and see if i can actually use then i'll shareXDD

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #55723
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Found out I can probably order my wigs tonight! Hopefully they are both available...
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #55724
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Man, I was really hoping to have both of these cosplays done this week. OTL This is going to be difficult. My surprise cosplay is at the point where it should be downhill from here though at least, since it looks like all the really difficult stuff is over. As for Fluttershy, she really couldn't be easier, so she'll be a breeze to finish up. xD; Yay!

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #55725
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Got my wigs! Stupid browser didn't work so I switched. Thank goodness...
Now I have to do a Princess Bubblegum cosplay cause I have the wig for it.