Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1052 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #55846
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
LinkPwnsGanon: I would totally cry happy for you when you do get one. SERIOUS! <3 Haha!
I just might make this version of Hikaru because well I do have that color fabric lying around untouched xD
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/239884

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...rjoo1_1280.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Ok, now I've gone from being sad and angry about my Lui wig not being here, to flat out paranoid. Why the heck haven't I gotten a shipping email yet? Did we ever get a order conformation email actually? What if the order didn't process for some reason and I'm waiting on nothing?

This is what goes through my brain on a daily basis.
I was like that with my wig that just came in 2 days ago. for a long time it said that it had been shipped but only till like a week and a half later did it say that it was fully shipped -_-

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 11-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #55847
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Got my micro-brushed twill swatch today. I love the color, but I'm not sure about the actual fabric. Probably gonna order a different fabric in the same color and see which one I like best.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #55848
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotousrhythm View Post
Oh gosh lucky! I wanted him to be Diamond to my Black Lady but he won't do anything sailor moon related lol.
Oh booo!! I'm kinda surprised though, cuz Diamond is so much 'cooler' to people cuz he's not so damn cheesey like Tuxy XDD

You should have told him it was from a different anime, and let him put it together on his own after he wore it XDD *evil*

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #55849
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

My dad found the paypal receipt for my Lui wig so I can stop worrying myself that the order didn't process.

So Where the heck is it? DX
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #55850
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Just practiced up Gangnam Style in Dance Central 3 for whatever the next convention I'm going to is XD Totally what the cool kids do at cons ^.^
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #55851
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

My Ukyo wig arrived today and I've made her small spatulas.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #55852
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
I just might make this version of Hikaru because well I do have that color fabric lying around untouched xD

<33333 I remember this artttt! (Actually, I just about seen every art Clamp has done for MRK at least once, lol). That'll be soooo super cute! <3 I can't wait to see it one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Just practiced up Gangnam Style in Dance Central 3 for whatever the next convention I'm going to is XD Totally what the cool kids do at cons ^.^
LMAO I seen it so much/heard it so much via friends, and even though I don't particularly enjoy it like others, I still know the dance moves. LOL
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #55853
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post

That version is so cute! I just need to get fabric in general for Fuu. >_> At least I have a ton of craft foam lying around so I can start on her armor. I really should figure out what types of fabric to use since I think, for the white parts I can use the same fabric for Morgiana's dancer outfit from Volume 8 of the manga...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #55854
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That version is so cute! I just need to get fabric in general for Fuu. >_> At least I have a ton of craft foam lying around so I can start on her armor. I really should figure out what types of fabric to use since I think, for the white parts I can use the same fabric for Morgiana's dancer outfit from Volume 8 of the manga...
I'm actually working on it right now! xD (pattern first though!)

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #55855
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

I'm so annoyed that I'm a measly $0.06 away from the minimum amount for free shipping on the shoes I need to buy for a Sheryl Nome cosplay. Six cents... SIX CENTS!!!

deviantArt account
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #55856
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Awww, that's gotta suck.

And, hoorj! Got my wig. I plan on using it for a MLP Luna gijinka.... in 2014. Yeah. But I got it on coscom's half-off sale plus with points off, so even if I end up never using it, I can sell it for $20 and make all my money back. Now, where am I going to keep it? I'm all out of room on my wig shelf and my "throw it in here until I have someplace to keep it" cosplay box (I'm not kidding, I do have one) is full from hiding my Xmas shopping.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #55857
kitsuneheart

Hearing about all the arda wigs people have received is starting to make me super anxious to get mine in the mail. >_< Hopefully they'll show up tomorrow.

On a bright note, I found a new green hoodie for my Melancholic!Rin at JCP on sale for only $10; which is great because I wasn't crazy about the one I bought on ebay. =/

ALSO! My bff and I have decided to go skating at the local rollerrink .... *drumroll* .... IN COSPLAY! =D hehe~ This was decided after the rink manager jokingly tried to get us to wear the costumes they had pulled out for a christmas event. We told him we'd dress up if we could bring our own costumes and he didn't say no; so in our book that's a yes! I think he might end up regretting giving us the idea. =3
Leena Toros - Pilot outfit (Zoids: New Century) - 15%
GMG!Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail - Anime) - 10%

Upcoming Cosplay Ideas ~
Too many to even list. xD

Animazement 2013~
Fan-Dancer Suicune Gijinka (Pokemon), Sakura 2nd Movie Opening(CCS)
Formal Human Luna (Sailor Moon), Hatter!Rin (Vocaloid), Spirit!Zelda (LoZ:ST)

Last edited by kitsuneheart : 11-29-2012 at 09:23 PM.
kitsuneheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #55858
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
LMAO I seen it so much/heard it so much via friends, and even though I don't particularly enjoy it like others, I still know the dance moves. LOL
Lol, it totally made the last convention for me since nothing else was going on there XD Those reactions from people when the elevator doors open XXD

Just booked my first hotel room ever for a convention next year! Hopefully my friend doesn't fail with coming up with his half of the money...Also hopefully this con is worth booking a hotel for...
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #55859
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Lol, it totally made the last convention for me since nothing else was going on there XD Those reactions from people when the elevator doors open XXD

Just booked my first hotel room ever for a convention next year! Hopefully my friend doesn't fail with coming up with his half of the money...Also hopefully this con is worth booking a hotel for...
LMAO I can totally already imagine it!!!! 8D It's so popular, when I hear it get played on, I often think about the MV and then my body just naturally moves to the dance moves. LOL

Congrats! I'll be booking my first hotel room (under my name) too soon! <3 Before December ends anyways. LOL I also hope your friend doesn't fail coming up with the money too! D: That would be pretty bad!
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #55860
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

This costume hates me, it really does. First it didn't cooperate with me for the shoe covers, then because I couldn't get it to work, I thought of a different way to do them, tore them apart, did them that way, didn't look as good, so I had to REDO them the original way ... now I'm sitting here kicking myself because I TOTALLY went about this the HARDEST way, and just realized a much much MUCH easier way to do them, but I've already spent $35-$40 on these things, and it'll cost me AT LEAST that to do them the easy way ... and I really don't have the cash right now ... and of course, I looked on ebay, and found the most perfect base shoes, they're only like $20 and I still don't have the money for them DX

FML

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote