Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 867 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #55891
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Two days ago, I was so excited about my next con. I had supplies planned, time budgeted, and motivation to work. I knew that as soon as I finished my one or two remaining undertakings, everything would be cosplay and nothing would hurt.

Out of nowhere, my friends all sounded skeptical about how much enjoyable this con is actually going to be, and the negativeness is painful. We've already put a lot of time and work into this, and it's supposed to be a fun thing for us to do together.

Come on, guys. A negative attitude like that is only going to make things worse for everyone.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #55892
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
CATERRRRRR. TYPE 0. I've been wanting to cosplay her. And then one of my guy friends made things awkward. >_> I still want to cosplay from it though. Probably Seven instead. I really hope the game comes stateside so I can play it and be even more motivated to cosplay her.
Hahaha, really? I don't think I want to know, but that's all good! I think it's going to be good and Cater seems like the type I totally use a lot or be used to using. HAHAHA. And also, I'm a sucker for gunners. ;D

There's a spring con that is happening and a friend was trying to gather people who wanted to do a FF Type-0 group in 2012 and it was a good opportunity to try out a cosplay group (even if it's for a day) because I never tried it before. HAHAHA.

Next cons: Anime Expo and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #55893
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Panic time. My room is booking the hotel room for AnimeNorth and well, the prices are a bit steep. (Westin, since that's what we did last year). Looking into other hotels in the area for now. This will pretty much tell me if I can go to Otakon or not.

And still no word from commissioner. Well, she did tell me she was done and was waiting for the paint to dry and she would have pictures up in one to two days. Well even with time zone differences...it's been more than two days now. I'll just wait until tomorrow before I send her another PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
Hahaha, really? I don't think I want to know, but that's all good! I think it's going to be good and Cater seems like the type I totally use a lot or be used to using. HAHAHA. And also, I'm a sucker for gunners. ;D

There's a spring con that is happening and a friend was trying to gather people who wanted to do a FF Type-0 group in 2012 and it was a good opportunity to try out a cosplay group (even if it's for a day) because I never tried it before. HAHAHA.
She looked so adorable and I loved her pirate guns. XD But Seven is one of my favorites too so no real complaining there.

And lucky! I've been trying to pull my friends together for a Type 0 group. Hasn't been working very well unfortunately.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 12-01-2012 at 10:04 AM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #55894
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Going to Michael's later today. Finally going to pick up the last of the materials for Panty's wings.
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #55895
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

wig shipped for himari!! i am so excited and i finally bought some fabric for the ruffles now i am patiently waiting for the time when i can buy the black fabric to come. Also i am very happy right now, i never thought i get any kind of idea or help, but i messaged someone with a question and she was soooo nice to answer me back, *i hope things are moving along*

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #55896
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Turned on my TV this morning and Yu-Gi-Oh was on. I've now seen something other than the abridged series (granted it was the last 5 minutes of an episode, but still!)

...desire to cosplay Dartz, back in full swing.
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #55897
Suican
Cosplay Speedrunner

Just bought a car so that we can bring more costumes to conventions. Shouldn't bee too bad packing stuff now...hopefully.

Also, We managed to book a room in time for Katsucon. Those rooms are expensive. O_o
Suican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #55898
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I got bored at the hospital earlier, so I ended up drawing out two costumes. I wanted to draw the plans for a prop, but it was too hard to do with just my little phone screen. I'll do that later.

I want to go to Michael's later, and buy a new sketchbook and look at what casting supplies they may have. Also check what's on my gift card that I randomly found.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #55899
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

Getting ready for a meet up, and I need to figure out how exactly this how FtM makeup thing works...

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #55900
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oooh, I might be able to get my dressform today. Since making Quorra's arm pieces will probably only take me about two-three hours, hooray! More time to fit the armour that's been a nonstop pain so I can get it done quicker.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #55901
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Finished Ukyo's top. I just need to make her head bow and I'm done for my art project. I do plan to make the giant spatula and the bandolier later.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #55902
Elycium
likes fancy things

Trying to get motivated to work on my cosplays... but the nausea from adjusting to my new glasses is kind of killing my sewing mood.
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #55903
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
Trying to get motivated to work on my cosplays... but the nausea from adjusting to my new glasses is kind of killing my sewing mood.
If you went up a prescription and can still see well enough to sew out of your old ones, just put your old ones back on to sew? When I get new glasses, I usually get myself used to them bit by bit. Like, I'll put the new ones on around the house and when sitting for the first few days, when walking keep the old ones on for a bit and start using the new ones little by little to avoid getting driven nuts by that weird "floor tilting" effect you get with new ones for the first few weeks.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #55904
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
If you went up a prescription and can still see well enough to sew out of your old ones, just put your old ones back on to sew? When I get new glasses, I usually get myself used to them bit by bit. Like, I'll put the new ones on around the house and when sitting for the first few days, when walking keep the old ones on for a bit and start using the new ones little by little to avoid getting driven nuts by that weird "floor tilting" effect you get with new ones for the first few weeks.
I love the floor-titling effect Makes me wanna go put on my old glasses, but they're all dusty.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [PokÚmon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Anime Festival Orlando / Mythicon? | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #55905
Elycium
likes fancy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Nope, these are my first pair ever. XD It only took 27 years. So I don't really want to take them off to sew, since it would defeat the purpose of having them in the first place. I'm going to suck it up and work on stuff in a little bit though. That "floor tilting" effect happens when I walk though and its sort of amusing.