Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1094 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #55906
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

I REALLY need to work on Eva, I've decided to hold off on finishing her shoe covers until I figure out EXACTLY what I want to do for them. Though because I don't get to finish them now, and am going to be starting on something new/different, it's kinda killed my motivation T_T Why can't things just cooperate with me?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suican View Post
... Also, We managed to book a room in time for Katsucon. Those rooms are expensive. O_o
I've been wanting to check out Katsu one of these years, so I'm curious, how expensive are we talking? >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Oooh, I might be able to get my dressform today. ...
I ... am extremely jealous ... I've been trying to get one of those things for the past 10 years DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
...That "floor tilting" effect happens when I walk though and its sort of amusing.
Lolol, I read that and immediately thought 'beer goggles' XD

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #55907
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I really want to go up walmart and get done stuff for Lucille, but none of my friends are willing to go with me DX maybe I can get my dad to take me after I finish helping my Grandma.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #55908
Schweigie
--

I woke up sick this morning and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to go out in the cold and get fabric anyway. I had a 60% off coupon that expired today; I couldn't just stay at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko-hime View Post
Oh my goodness, your cosplays are gorgeous! I love Pandora Hearts CB
asdkjdgas thank you~ And I love Pandora Hearts too, it's my favorite manga.
And my friend is actually having the same problem with her Kurloz. Because on one hand prosthetic and yarn would look much more realistic and cool, but it is also very restricting. While just painting on the mouth lines is a lot easier and more practical but it doesn't look as cool.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #55909
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Agh, I'll post here while all my friends are away at an event I can't go to. >n<;
Well, a lot has happened since my last post which was forever long ago. First thing being that I went to AAD for the first year in a couple of years, because of a lot of being good and begging \(^w^)/ It was a ton of fun; I made quite a few new friends and got to hang out with one awesome one...and a lot of people really liked my random, thrown together Gumi (A Halloween pirate outfit, Gumi wig and goggles, and some boots..really nothing special), though whether that was because I was the only Gumi at the con I don't know. It was awesome though, now I just have to wait for pictures x-x
And, after that, I continued to watch Inu x Boku after starting it..and I can safely say I am probably obsessed. Not finished yet..I'm trying to save the last few episodes so I don't just love it and then get over it when it ends. However..I want to cosplay everything. Ririchiyo and Natsume are my main conflict right now..and with what I'm planning to do with each, they would cost about the same. I know I would be a much better Ririchiyo, but I am almost in love with Natsume..I may just start with Ririchiyo and move up from there, and do Natsume if/when I find a suit that actually fits me in a somewhat flattering way.
On top of that, I have finished Sherlock and realized I only need a scarf and a wig to do femSherlock (maybe as a Halloween costume or something?), and have fallen for Mayu from Vocaloid 3. Did I mention I'm also still doing Silica at AWA for our SAO group? (I don't know, I might let another girl that wanted to do it if I can't get back into SAO like I was. That'll depend how I feel about everything. >.<; )
I have too many plans. As always.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #55910
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

WELL, so much for that dressform I really fucking need. There were a BUNCH of the ones in my size at Fabricland YESTERDAY when I went to make sure they had them. Come in today? EVERY. ONE. SOLD. OUT. And now I won't be able to get mine until past my birthday and almost Xmas, AND I'M ALREADY BEHIND ON THIS COSTUME. And that was their fault too! It took me until fucking November to get the items I needed to make it in the first place when I'd planned to start in AUGUST. Oh, and the sales lady who "helped" us was a rude fucking bitch.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #55911
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Looking at Sherry's apron design saying I can do this. I can't do this alone. Time to hit one of my friends and ask them to draw the design for me.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #55912
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

I make a sexy dude.

That is all.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #55913
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Can't make up my mind if I want to check out s one time con that's happening the weekend before Christmas. Part of me wants to maybe take a break, but then I probably won't have another con until May :/ The convention is about 1 hour 30 minutes away. I was kind of considering checking it out for just one day, but my friend said I could stay at his place which is only 30 minutes away if I do go.

On one hand it's really cheap, but it might be kind of boring since it's a one time thing. Probably won't be many people there. Can't decide it it'll be worth the trip. I also have some friends that I haven't seen since July who are supposedly going, but last con they ended up not being able to go last second I also may freeze to death in my cosplay (shorts in winter!) XD

On more positive side, it gives me a chance to Gangnam Style some more before the fad completely dies. I have gotten so much better at it recently XD The panel list also sounds a lot better than the last con's panel list, and they have free foods there ^.^ Lol, I'll probably decide the week of the con if I'm going at this rate!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #55914
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Related to my prior rage on no dressform, this felt SO good to write. All the reasons why Fabricland is a terrible, terrible excuse for a store. http://shinobixikyu.deviantart.com/journal/
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #55915
Akahime
Red Princess

OMG. I LOVE MY FRIENDS. HAHAHA. Even though they are not into the things that I am in (like anime and cosplay), they bought me this portable sewing machine that I could bring to cons just in case I have accidents (and also because my mom is always using her's, so now I have my own to use while I wait for her). They are soooo thoughtful and wonderful people. I can't wait even more to start on July and Cater! <3
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicań (Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #55916
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

On the topic of my Colonial marine cosplay- I'm about to attempt making the shoulder light. I was able to find a doorbell panel at work which was about to be thrown away. I've seen a pic where someone took one and added a few parts to it to make it look like the shoulder light. I'll try and do that
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #55917
SA2R
King of the Skies

I got stuck on what to do next on the magic armor. So I FINALLY played the magic armor quest, and found out the back looks just like the front panel =n= I threw away all the patterns I made...This ought to be fun...

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ┤ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #55918
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Okay...so there is a slight and i mean slight chance i may be able to go fabric shopping for the princess of the crystal cosplay i am slowly gathering. THAT IS only if i don't have to work and 9 times out of 10 i will since we were super busy today. (;^; ) only tomorrow will tell, and thus i must wait so see what it happening.

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #55919
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Got my pattern base and fleece for Boo. Yay for Joann's 50% off and $0.99 pattern sales!
Really tempted to work on it first, but I need to focus on Christmas gifts.

And discovered there's a Hancock Fabrics up in Salem.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #55920
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe2kawaii View Post
Okay...so there is a slight and i mean slight chance i may be able to go fabric shopping for the princess of the crystal cosplay i am slowly gathering. THAT IS only if i don't have to work and 9 times out of 10 i will since we were super busy today. (;^; ) only tomorrow will tell, and thus i must wait so see what it happening.
yay!!!!!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT